• Published 25th Jan 2012
  • 6,417 Views, 762 Comments

World of Chaos - ugugg93



What if the Elements didn't defeat Discord, and instead, the mane six are sent far from home?

  • ...
17
 762
 6,417

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 45: Full Circle

The violent wind—accompanied by the blindingly intense light—slowly began to die down, though the spots in her eyes remained where they were. The light was the first thing to go, and even though Twilight still couldn't see anything around her, she could tell that she was laying on a cobblestone road of some kind. The wind itself never seemed to die away, though the more she thought about it, the more she realized that the wind was probably no longer magically created, and much more likely to be a natural wind.

A soft and pained squeak to Twilight's left told her that Pinkie was laying right next to her—the squeak most likely from the pain of her hind legs. Twilight attempted to blindly reach for the mare with a foreleg, but Pinkie was apparently just out of her reach. Thankfully, other than that single noise, the mare didn't make any more complaints, so hopefully that meant that she was in a more comfortable position. The unicorn was sure that the rest of her friends were nearby, but was obviously not as worried of their present condition like she was with Pinkie's at the moment.

Twilight was just about to say something when her vision returned. She barely had time to shove one of her forehooves into her mouth to stifle a scream, for before her, the six of them were charging the Elements of Harmony, and were about to shoot them at Discord.

“So!” Discord shouted. Though the still-present spots in her eyes, she was able to see him point a taloned arm at their past-selves. “You want to send me back to my stone prison? But I have so much more fun to have! Why don't we all have fun together and see how YOU like a stone prison!”

Twilight wanted to warn the girls, but a completely dry throat stopped her warnings. Instead, the draconequus pointed a single finger at the mares, and with a sickening laugh, shot a green ray of energy at them. Upon impacting the growing pink orb of energy around their doubles, sparks danced off of the magic, and the orb shifted to a mix between green and pink. As the two incantations began to intertwine and disrupt each other, they began to grow in intensity. Finally, the Elements of Harmony went off, and with a flash of light—Twilight barely able to blink before she went blind again—their doubles were gone.

Leaving the Elements of Harmony to clatter to the ground.

“Well that's not what I wanted to happen.” Discord said in disbelief. Three seconds later, he turned away, and began to joyfully prance in the air. “Oh this is simply marvelous! I love it when I surprise myself!”

As he said this, Twilight ignited her horn, took the six Elements in her magic, and with a tug, quickly yanked them over to her. Quickly, yet quietly, she latched the girls' respective Elements to their necks, finally placing her own tiara on her head to finish the set. Not bothering to wait for anything, she nodded to the other girls—her friends nodding in response—and began to charge up the Elements.

As they charged the magic, Discord continued on his little rant. “Not every day that I get to cause chaos and mischief against me! I should tell my favorite Princesses of my wondrous discovery! I'm sure they would love to hear it. Though the only question now is what color accordion I need.”

As if they were already charged and ready to fire, it didn't seem like they took nearly as long to charge the artifacts to full power. Either that, or Discord's monologue made the time seem to go by faster than she thought, for it was only a few seconds later that the Elements were fully charged. With almost too much pleasure in the action, Twilight focused the magic within the artifacts, and fired at the monster before her.

Discord had already raised his paw in the air in preparation to teleport away when he stopped. “Hmm?” he said as he turned, and saw the massive spinning maelstrom of rainbows coming towards his face. “Well... now that's just weird...”

As soon as the words passed his lips, the multicolored magic impacted his body, causing a startled scream to pierce through the loud magic. It was impossible to make out what was going on inside of the magic, but what Twilight could see was that Discord seemed to be trying his best to get out and away from the magical attack. He twisted and squirmed in his futile attempts to get away, but in the end, it was all for naught.

When the smoke cleared and the light finally disappointed, the frightful statue of the terrified God of Chaos teetered over to the right, and with a final gust of wind, it blew over, and crashed to the ground, thus ending the premature end to Discord's reign.

As the ponies found themselves slowly floating back to the ground, Twilight saw Rarity activate her horn, and once again take on the responsibility of carrying Pinkie. Shortly after, the five ponies—Pinkie obviously not touching the ground—touched down on the cobblestone. Rainbow Dash instantly collapsed onto the road, and with a loud sigh, allowed her wings to go limp. “It's over... it's finally over...”

Applejack too fell to the ground over the weight of everything as well. “Ya can say tha' again, Sugarcube.”

Fluttershy didn't completely collapse to her mud-stained stomach, but she allowed herself to sit down, and stretch her wings wide to bask in the sun. “Oh my goodness it feels so good to have the real sun back. How long were we gone anyway? Gosh... I think I lost count of the days!”

Twilight leaned onto her side, and smiled. “I actually did the math just before that last little fight. Twenty-five days and twenty-four nights we were gone.”

Rarity leaned towards Twilight, her white coat almost completely brown like the rest of the mares. “Almost a full month? That... wow... it felt like so much longer than that.”

Twilight reached over, and patted her hoof on Rarity's back. “I know, right? Felt like almost a full year, doesn't it?”

“Almost an entire month without parties...” Pinkie contemplated this to herself. After a few seconds, she slowly shook her head. “I feel like I'm about to go crazy.”

All of them started to giggle at that comment. As Rarity laughed to herself, she reached forward, and touched a forehoof to one of Pinkie's floating forelegs. “Pinkie, darling, I think I can speak for everypony when I say that I think we all would love to help you pull off a massive party in celebration of all of this.”

Rainbow rolled over to her back, and stretched her wings. “Oh yeah! I can go for that!”

“Ah reckon tha' Ah can... oh... oh no freakin' way.” Applejack trailed off as she slowly picked herself off of the ground, and slowly began to walk over to the other side of the road.

Fluttershy looked over a little bit, but didn't bother to stop basking in the sun with her outstretched wings. “Applejack, what is it?”

“Ah though' Ah saw... ah ha! Ah did!” Applejack sat herself on her flank, and quickly put something on her head. Whirling around quickly, Twilight saw that the apple farmer was once again sporting her signature Stetson. “Ha! Ah knew tha' sucker wouldn't leave me forever!”

Twilight giggled slightly. “Whatever spell Discord shot at us must have affected your hat as well, and so when it was broken on us, it was broken on it too.”

Applejack was literally skipping in giddiness now. “Jus' goes to show that ya have the best of friends in the strangest of things.”

Rainbow looked up from her cobblestone bed. “You're insane.”

The cowpony closed her eyes, and with a beaming smile, cantered along the road. “Nope! Ah'm jus' happy!”

“A little too happy to be—”

“T...Twilight?”

Twilight's head snapped to attention at the small voice, and she quickly found herself looking in every direction to find its source. It didn't take long, for out from behind one of the corners of a building, came the small purple body of the one being in this entire world that she would sacrifice everything she had, just to have him in her forelegs again.

Spike.

Twilight got to her hooves, and slowly took a step forward. Already, she could feel the tears welling up in her eyes again. “Spike...”

That was all it took for Spike to come running towards her. “Twilight!!”

And she came running towards him with all the strength she had left in her legs. “Spike!!”

The two met in the middle, and with an excited squeal, Twilight rolled over onto the ground, and snuggled up close to her little baby dragon. Tears freely flowed from her eyes as she closed them shut, and like a mother with her infant child, she curled up around him, and laid her head against his own.

As happy as Spike was before to see her, Twilight could feel Spike slightly squirming in her tight embrace. “Twiliiiiight. You're embarrassing me.”

Giggling a little bit at his youthful voice, she slightly released him from her grip, though she made definite care to make sure that he was perfectly wrapped in her body. “Sorry. I just... I just missed you so much...”

“Uhh...” Spike blinked. “Twilight, you do realize I saw you less than an hour ago, right?”

Again, Twilight found herself giggling through her tears. “Sorry... it just... heh... it felt like a thousand years to me.”

There, the two were content to embrace in silence. Even after his little outburst, Spike was happy to snuggle up with Twilight, and happily rest in her care. The entire time the two relaxed, Twilight wasn't sure what to say to him. Should she tell him how much she loved him like a son, like the older Spike did? Did this Spike feel the same way? Would it weird him out too much? Should she even care if it did?

Feeling a slight shift, she looked down, and smiled at his small face, and decided it didn't really matter right now. Right now, all that mattered was being there with him.

Finally, Applejack finally interrupted their little moment. “Well, if ya'll don' mind, Ah gotta make sure Apple Bloom and the rest of mah family are alrigh'. Ah'll make sure to check on the rest of ya'll later.”

Rarity instantly popped back to her hooves, and looked in all directions frantically. “Oh dear! I should make sure that Sweetie Belle is alright as well! Oh the poor dear must be worried sick!”

Pinkie giggled lightly, doing her best to spin herself around in her magical bubble. “I should probably make sure that Gummy and the Cakes are alright as well.”

“Oh no you don't, darling.” Rarity pulled Pinkie closer to herself. “We're going to get you to the hospital for those legs of yours. After I get you settled there, and I make sure that Sweetie Belle is alright, I'll see what I can do to bring Gummy to visit.”

“Aww... but hospitals are booooring!”

Fluttershy closed her wings, and slowly got to her hooves. “Oh dear... I wonder where my Angel Bunny is. I'm sure he's so scared and lonely.”

Rainbow Dash thought to herself for a while—the mare staying silent for the entire time. After almost fifteen seconds of contemplative quiet, she finally rolled over, and stretched her wings. “Well... I really don't have any family to check up on, but I guess I could see if the Squirt is doing alright. I'm sure she'd appreciate the one-on-one attention from yours truly.

“But... uhh...” Rainbow took a step towards Fluttershy, before taking a half step back. Considering how close the two already were, Twilight thought it was a little cute to see Rainbow blushing up like she was at the next question. “Hey... Fluttershy. Maybe after I see Scootaloo, and you make sure your animals are alright... you maybe... kinda... wanna hang out later? Maybe tomorrow or something? Your place around noon maybe?”

Fluttershy giggled lightly, before taking a step forward, and kissing Rainbow Dash on the cheek. “That sounds wonderful, Rainbow.”

“Hey now, unless your givin' kisses to the lot of us, let's try an' keep it civil, alrigh'?” Applejack smiled as she got close to the two pegasi. With a smile on all of their faces, she gave the two mares a giant hug. The hug was quickly joined by both Rarity and Pinkie—the party pony mostly just floating and touching them with the very tips of her forehooves.

Finally, Twilight worked her way out from her snuggle with Spike, ran over, and gave her friends a massive group hug. “I love you girls so much.”

“Love ya too, Sugarcube.”

“Twilight, darling, I feel the same.”

“Oh Twilight, you know we all feel the same way.”

“Yeah yeah, same here egghead.”

“Well I love everypony, so I guess that counts as you too, Twi-Twi!”

Slowly breaking out of the embrace, Twilight smiled at the five of them. “Be careful girls, we just saved the world and everything. We're probably going to be attacked by ponies everywhere trying to thank us.”

To that, Rarity rolled her eyes, though she smiled all the same. “Please, darling, they didn't do anything for us when we saved them from Nightmare Moon. How do you think this is any different?”

“Hmm... good point.”

“Anyway, Pinkie's legs aren't getting any better on their own, so without further adieu, ta ta!”

“Yuppies! Bye bye girls! See you later!!”

With that, the two mares departed. A short trio of goodbyes later, and Twilight watched as the other three of her friends headed off into the distance as well. Smiling to herself, she watched as each of her friends went in opposite directions. She quickly lost sight of Rarity and Pinkie—the two heading further into the town center as they headed to the hospital. Applejack was the next to disappear from her sight, for she turned down a back alley to try and get to her orchards quicker. Finally, after a few minutes, the brownish forms of Rainbow and Fluttershy faded into the distance—the deep blue of the sky drowning out their forms.

From behind her, she heard Spike's hind claws clicking lightly against the cobblestone—the sound of him scratching his head accompanying his approach. “What was with that weird and complicated goodbye? And why was Rarity carrying Pinkie like that? And did I just see Fluttershy kiss Rainbow? And what was with Rarity's horn looking like it was clear or something? Twilight... why do you girls all look like you have been rolling around in mud all day?”

For what felt like the thousandth time that day, Twilight giggled to herself. “Well Spike, let's just say that after a long, long, long bath, a nice lunch, and maybe a little book to relax myself, I'm going to have to write the strangest Friendship Report to give to Princess Celestia in my entire life.”

Author's Note:

Please do not post any comments on this chapter. I won't be responding to them. Please post any comments on the epilogue.

PreviousChapters Next