• Published 30th Jan 2013
  • 18,224 Views, 331 Comments

Second at Best - Wages of Sin



At her father's funeral Twilight snaps, finally showing how she feels about her so-called family and friends.

  • ...
66
 331
 18,224

Revelations VII

"So as I said, when I came into her room she was just gone. No signs of struggle, no suspicious items, and after interviewing the guards, they truly seem to have no idea what happened. We are performing more in depth scanning spells on them now, but preliminary care shows that none of them appear concussed, so they were likely put under a sleep spell."

The doctor seemed to be telling the truth, but being sure was a matter of absolute importance.

"Thank you doctor, just one more thing before you may leave, I require you to accompany me to her room."

The stallion nodded without inquiring further and followed Luna to the room that had served to house Twilight for the past week.

The guards that had once stood outside the sealed room had been replaced by Luna's elite guard. Upon seeing the night princess, the pair saluted and turned to release the charm that sealed the room.

"No pony has been in or out since we relieved the injured unit." the right guard said as he opened the door for his princess.

"Continue to deter any who would try to enter, we are not to be disturbed."

The guards saluted once again as Luna continued inside with the doctor in tow.

Once inside the clean room, Luna turned to the doctor.

"You and your staff were the only ones permitted into this room. And amongst them you were the only unicorn to operate in this room, correct?"

The doctor once again nodded, "Yes princess, nurse Rosewood, nurse Camphor, and I were the only ponies permitted into this room. Rosewood and Camphor are earth ponies, so yes, the only unicorns that were in here were myself and the patient."

"Good." Luna lit her horn and began casting her spell.

The doctor watched the unmoving monarch for a moment. "Princess, uh...should I leave?"

Without opening her eyes, Luna turned to him. "No," she levitated a pen off of a nearby table, "Here, hold this with your magic."

Without question, he did as he was commanded.

Luna focused more deeply on the traces of magical signatures in the room.

Making sure to exclude her own and the aura that currently embraced the pen, she could sense only one more recent aura.

Her eyes shot open as she instantly recognized it.

The aura that she knew better than any other. The aura of the one who for a brief moment had held her very essence as she tore off the husk of her parasite.

Twilight's aura was to be expected within the room, and to any other observer it would be a good sign to find only her aura after excluding the doctor's and her own.

...but as one so intimately touched by Twilight's magic, she could see what others could not. She could see that Twilight's aura was different...

Changed...

She could tell that a foreign force had attached itself to the mare; another experience she was intimately familiar with...

"Princess?" The doctor squeaked.

Luna looked to the stallion, finding undisguised fear on his face. Only after a second did she realize the cause for his fear. Policing her own features she found an amalgam of intense fear and boiling rage.

Immediately returning her expression to a more neutral frown, she opened her mouth to calm his fears, but before she could, a lunar guardstallion kicked the door in on the two.

"Princess! We have news!"