• Published 12th Feb 2013
  • 7,751 Views, 461 Comments

Northern Lights - MysteriousStranger



Third and last part of the "Magic of Love" series

  • ...
15
 461
 7,751

The Hooded Ponies

Twilight, Fluttershy, Applejack and Rainbow Dash did as promised and they told Pinkie Pie and Rarity about the plans they had for Trixie. They, of course, agreed to have a picnic with their friend. All that was left now was telling Trixie about it. Twilight was on her way to the Everfree Forest, but she saw the familiar hooded pony walking to Sugarcube Corner and followed her. The lavender Unicorn entered the bakery behind Trixie, who hadn’t noticed her. The hooded pony headed to the cash register with Pinkie Pie behind it.

“Howdy, Trixie! How can I…?”

“Shh! Pinkie Pie, I don’t want to be seen here, remember?”

“Oopsie, I forgot, sorry!” The party pony giggled. “How can I help you, costumer-I've-never-seen-before?”

Trixie face-hoofed and was about to reply, when Twilight appeared from behind her.

“Hello, Pinkie! Hello, mysterious pony!”

“I’ll just take six chocolate muffins.” Trixie said to Pinkie Pie before turning to see Twilight, whispering to her. “Hello, Twilight. I can’t talk much now; I have to go back to Zecora’s after getting these muffins.”

“I see and I don’t want to waste your time, so I’ll be quick. The girls and I are planning to have a picnic inat the park next week and you're invited. Will you join us?”

“You know I can’t refuse such an offer. I wanted to do something with you guys before leaving next week, so this sounds great!”

“Leaving already? We hoped that you could stay a little longer…” Twilight said with sadness as she pawed with a hoof on the ground lightly.

After seeing this display, Trixie sighed before smiling. “I suppose that I can stay for a week or two more.”

“Really?!” The bookworm pony hugged her friend tightly. “Thank you, thank you!” Trixie accepted the hug faking annoyance but she did it with a smile. Moments later, they heard voices coming from the kitchen.

“Be careful with that, Cutie… Good, like that! Now, come with me!” Pinkie Pie appeared, smiling as always. Cutie followed her mother as she carried the tray with Trixie’s muffins on her head. Twilight and Trixie had to approach to the counter in order to see the filly. Once Pinkie Pie took the tray and put it on the counter, they could see that Cutie had her usual worried expression that reminded Twilight of her wife. The party pony put the muffins in a box and gave it to Trixie, who magically took hold of it.

“Thanks!” The blue Unicorn said, placing her bits on the counter. “I better get going now, I'll see you later!” Trixie turned and left.

“Bye!” Twilight waved at her friend before turning to see Cutie. “Hello there, Cutie! How are you?” She asked politely.

The cyan pony barely looked up. “F-Fine…” Cutie just stared at Twilight, afraid of saying something that she shouldn’t. Twilight smiled and looked at Pinkie Pie.

“Pinkie, I would love to buy five muffins: one with gems, another one with carrots, and three of chocolate.”

“Okey dokey lokey! I’ll be right back!” Pinkie Pie turned and trotted back into the kitchen. Twilight looked at Cutie again.

“...You have such a sweet voice, Cutie. Have you ever considered singing?”

“S-Sing? Me? N-No, no, no, I get nervous when I’m being watched by so many ponies…” Cutie shook her head and she spoke quickly.

“Maybe if you practiced…”

“N-No, I won’t do it… Never! I… I barely can talk in front of anypony… even to you and my friends… I don’t think that I will be able to make any more friends. I'll be alone forever…”

“Don’t say that, Cutie... You’ll have more friends, and somepony will surely love you for who you are. But you’re still a bit young for that…”

“I'll grow up barely speaking to anypony but my friends… Who would love me…?”

“...You remind me of somepony. She was just like you, very shy and afraid of talking to anypony but her friends. But, even so, when she fell in love, she got the courage to confess. It wasn't easy, but she did it, and to this day, she doesn’t regret it. She's got married and now has a daughter. She's also more confident around other ponies. Not much, but she got better.”

“W-Who is this pony?”

“My wife, Fluttershy.”

"R-Really?"

Twilight nodded. “Yes. I wouldn’t lie to you, Cutie, so don’t be afraid and don’t worry about finding your special somepony just yet. Enjoy what you have now."

“Thanks… I won’t forget it, and I’ll try to… to talk more…”

“Yes, please, don’t give up!”

Pinkie Pie returned with Twilight’s order. “Here you go, Twilight! There's an extra one in there on me, and I won’t accept no as an answer!”

“Thanks, Pinkie! Now, I should return. I didn’t plan to be away for so long. By the way, Trixie accepted our invitation!”

“Sweet! Goodbye, Twilight, and say hi to Fluttershy and Aurora for me!”

“I will. Goodbye, Pinkie! Goodbye, Cutie!” “

G-Goodbye…” Twilight left Sugarcube Corner and headed towards her home to tell her wife the good news.

***

The next week, school had just ended for the day and the crusaders were walking together.

“So? When are we going to do today?” Scootaloo asked.

“Can we reunite in three hours? I have to practice magic with my mom.”

“Sure, Aurora! That's ain’t a problem. We're reunitin’ in three hours!” Apple Bloom exclaimed before whispering so only her friends could hear. “The password will be 'the river will flow.' ”

“Why do we always have weird passwords?" Scootaloo commented, sticking her tongue out in distaste.

“Because that’s what passwords are, Scoots…” Sweetie Belle replied in a scolding tone. “This way, ponies we don’t want in our club can't enter. You should know who I mean.” She finished as she turned back and saw both Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon laughing a distance away. Sweetie Belle quickly looked away from them and to her friends again.

“Besides, it’s fun!” The farmer filly added with a grin. “Don’t you think?”

“Yeah, whatever…” Flying Feather said.

“Y-Yes, they are fun… But I sometimes have problems remembering them…”

“That’s why we make them easy, Cutie! Don’t worry, we will never make somethin’ hard.” Apple Bloom replied.

“Okay, good… Thanks…”

“You don’t need to thank us! Hey, let’s go through the park!” Sweetie Belle said, pointing at the park.

“Good idea, Sweetie Belle. Let’s go!” Apple Bloom commanded as she shoved a hoof into the air. They all increased their pace, all but Cutie, who was pushed by Flying Feather to make her move faster. They wandered through the park until they came across a couple of familiar faces. Aurora recognized them before the other fillies, excitedly waving at them.

“Lyra, Bon Bon, hello!” The mares in question looked up and waved back. They were with their young foal, Trotting Paradise. She was yellow and had a cyan mane. She didn't have a horn or wings. The crusaders approached to see the foal up close. Trotting Paradise had blue eyes, and was much younger than the other fillies. Apple Bloom moved her head closer to Trotting Paradise and the foal put her tiny hooves on her nose and giggled.

“She likes you, Apple Bloom!” Sweetie Belle smiled.

“Ah think she does!”

“She likes everypony. I think she will get on well with everypony when she grows up!” Bon Bon said, watching her playful daughter.

“If she learns to make your delicious sweets, she'll be a success!” Lyra grinned, also looking at her daughter.

“I bet she will, unless she decides to play an instrument... I think she will be able to do anything she desires!” The cream pony replied.

“She WILL be able to do what she wants; she has two wonderful mothers that will take care of her the way she deserves!” Aurora exclaimed with passion. Trotting Paradise was still playing with Apple Bloom and both of them were still giggling. Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle were watching them while Flying Feather was sitting away from them with her hooves crossed, impatient. Cutie quietly approached Aurora and opened her mouth to say something, but after hesitating, she didn’t say anything.

“Where are you girls going?” Bon Bon asked, smiling.

“We were heading to our homes so our families don't get worried.” The blue filly said.

“Oh, we understand… Maybe someday you could visit us? Our little Paradise needs more contact with other ponies besides us.” The candy maker pony giggled.

“Maybe I should come with my mothers next time… Yeah, I’ll come next time!” Aurora excitedly said.

“Can we go now?” The pink filly asked with impatience.

“Alright…! We’ll see you next time, Bon Bon, Lyra!” Apple Bloom said as she stopped playing and moved from the foal to her friends. Trotting Paradise extended her hooves, trying to get the farmer pony to come back. “Ah feel bad for leavin’ like that… We were havin’ fun…” Apple Bloom commented as they left the park.

“We were going to make everypony worried if we wasted any more time, do you want that?” Flying Feather retorted.

“I guess not… Aurora, what're you doin’?” The crusaders turned to see that their friend had stopped and was looking back.

“Shh! I think I saw somepony looking at us from behind those trees.” Aurora said, pointing at two trees beside each other. After a few moments of watching them, Flying Feather spoke.

“You’re just imagining things; it was probably nothing!”

“I agree with Feather.” Scootaloo frowned lightly. “I don’t see anything either.”

Aurora sighed and turned to her friends again. “You’re probably right… Let’s go.” She said as they continued on their way to their homes. But little did they know that Aurora was right, and behind those trees two hooded ponies were watching them.

“I told you to be careful! They almost saw us!” One said to the other.

“But they didn’t… We should send a message to our leaders to tell them that we found them.” The other one spoke.

“Yes, let’s go.” The hooded ponies galloped away from their hiding place.

***

Apple Bloom, Scootaloo and Flying Feather went back to the farm when they reached the fork in the road. Sweetie Belle had only just left. Only Aurora and Cutie were left. They were silent for a while; every time Aurora tried to start a conversation, Cutie would just nod or answer with a single word and remain silent after, so the blue Unicorn gave up. Cutie only spoke when they were about to part ways

“Aurora, I… I was wondering if… If someday I could… v-visit you…” She lookd away from her friend when she finished.

“Of course you can! You don’t have to be nervous to ask! But it has to be the day after tomorrow, since I have to practice magic today and our parents are getting together tomorrow in the park.”

“O-Okay… Thank you…”

“I’ll see you later, Cutie!” Aurora said, surprising her friend with a hug.

“G-Goodbye, Aurora…” They parted ways, Cutie heading to Sugarcube Corner and Aurora to the cottage, not having a clue that they were being watched before.

Author's Note:

I have a bad feeling about this…
I want to thank Blue Dragon for her help on editing this chapter! :)
Chapter revised. There should be less mistakes now. (If you spot any, please, point them out politely.)