• Published 19th Jan 2013
  • 2,647 Views, 56 Comments

Doctor Whooves Episode 10: The Magician and the Angels - Doctor Perseus



After a month of traveling, things seem to be going well for the Doctor and his companions. However, after a certain egotistical unicorn appears in the TARDIS, they find themselves trapped in an army base that has a bad infestation.

  • ...
8
 56
 2,647

An Angelic Infestation

Chapter 2: An Angelic Infestation

Mess Hall, Fort McDonald, Trixus, Regulus Orbit, Autumn, 6609 C.E.

"It can't be!" the Doctor and Twilight exclaimed as their eyes fell upon the Weeping Angel. Trixie turned to Twilight and laughed.

"You're afraid of a statue? What is there to be afraid of? It's just a statue!" Trixie exclaimed.

"Don't look away!" the stallion cried.

"What's the matter with you? It's just a statue! And an ugly one at that!"

"It's not just a statue. It's a Weeping Angel," said the Doctor.

"A Weeping Angel?" asked Fluttershy.

"I don't see it crying. It looks pretty angry to me," said Pinkie. This was true. The Angel's mouth was open, presenting its sharp teeth, and its white eyes glared with anger and hunger.

"It's just a statue! Statues can't hurt you!" Trixie snapped.

"Only as long as you see it," Twilight added. Suddenly, the lights began to flicker. The stallion tried to break free from the Angel's grasp but its hold was too strong.

"Don't let it take me!" the stallion cried.

"Fine! If you insist!" Trixie scoffed as she aimed her horn at the Angel.

"Trixie! Don't!" yelled the Doctor as he ran forward, but he was too late. Trixie fired a blast of blue energy at the Angel. The magic blast simply bounced off the Angel's hand and smashed into the lights above. The lights turned off. A sickening pop echoed throughout the room just before Twilight, Rarity, and Trixie each cast illumination spells. Some of the mares screamed while others looked on in horror. The stallion's body was lying the ground. The Angel was standing above him, his decapitated head held in its hands.

"How? What? HOW?!"

"Weeping Angels. They're only statues when they're in the sight of a living being. Once you look away, once the lights go out, once you blink, they come after you."

"I...I didn't know! I didn't know!"

"Well now you do! You just let that statue kill him!" Rainbow snapped.

"I didn't know!"

"Well now you do know," said the Doctor as he walked forward. "And, for the record, please stick to talking in first person from now on. That whole talking in third person was really starting to get annoying." The Doctor looked at Trixie. He could see that the unicorn was shaken up by this. "Are you alright?"

"N-no...Trix...I'm not."

"What's a Weeping Angel doing here, Doctor?!" Twilight asked. "I thought the only one to come into this reality was the one back at Fort Rice! What's one doing here?"

"I'm not sure, Twilight," the Doctor replied.

"So what are we supposed to do now?" Derpy asked.

"I think we need to go back to the TARDIS. We'll be safe there and at least we can get some time to find out exactly what's going on."

"Ah don't think that's going to be an option," Applejack gulped.

"Why not?" Pinkie Pie asked. Applejack pointed towards the door in which they had come through. Two Weeping Angels were standing in the doorway.

"More of them?!" Trixie gasped.

"Don't turn your eyes off any of them!" the Doctor ordered.

"How do we get out of here?!" Spike asked. Derpy looked around and noticed a third exit.

"There!" she said. "There's another way out of the mess hall!"

"Okay. Here's the plan. We're going to slowly back up towards that exit. Keep your eyes on the Angels. Whatever you do, don't look away and don't blink!" said the Doctor. Everypony nodded and slowly began backing up towards the third exit. "Keep those illumination spells going, girls!"

Twilight, Rarity, and Trixie nodded nervously. As soon as everypony had passed through the doors, the Doctor quickly shut them and locked them with the Sonic Screwdriver.

"Let's hurry, Doctor!" said Twilight.

"Right!" said the Doctor. The group turned around and began running down the hallway.

"Why are they called Weeping Angels?" Derpy asked.

"Weeping Angels turn to stone when any living creature sees them. That includes each other. They sometimes travel with their hands over their eyes because they can't afford looking at each other. Loneliest creatures in the universe. They can never be seen."

"How sad."

"Something's different though."

"What do you mean?"

"Weeping Angels normally send their victims back in time to feed off their potential energy, but that Angel just decapitated that stallion. That isn't normal."

"They feed off potential energy?"

"Yes. If a Weeping Angel were to touch you, it would send you back in time to probably decades before your birth and just let you live out your life in the past. Weeping Angels feed off the potential energy left over by the life you could have lived if you had remained in the present. That's their main source of food."

"Can they gain that energy by simply killing somepony in the present?"

"Maybe some but not much. No. If an Angel is simply decapitating victims in the present then that means that there must be a larger source of potential energy here to feed off of."

The group rounded a bend only to come across four more Weeping Angels.

"There's another one?!" Rarity gasped.

"More like four more. These aren't the Angels we met in the mess hall. Look. They have scars on their bodies," said Twilight. Everypony examined the Angels and saw a series of scratches and bruises scattered all over their stone bodies. "Everypony just back up and don't take your eyes off them!"

The group began quickly backing up, making sure to not look away from the Angels for one second. Spike turned around and jumped. Four more Weeping Angels were standing at the other end of the hallway.

"More of them?!" Trixie gasped.

"Where the hell are they all coming from?!" Rainbow asked.

"It's an infestation! There must be an entire family of Angels living in this building!" the Doctor exclaimed.

"How are we going to get out of here then?" Applejack asked. Suddenly, the ground fell out from underneath them. The group landed in the middle of another hallway. The insulation and floor stuffing thankfully braced the main impact of the fall. "Ah guess that's one way to get out of a pickle."

A series of footsteps began emanating from upstairs.

"The Angels!" Twilight gasped.

"Everypony look up towards the hole!" the Doctor ordered. Everypony looked up just in time to see the eight Weeping Angels staring down at them.

"How were they able to do that?! I thought you said Angels can't move if any living being's looking at them, even other Weeping Angels!" said Derpy.

"Well the magical effects of this world of yours tend to have random effects on their bodies."

"You could have said that earlier!"

"I guess I could have."

"Oh come on!" Spike groaned as he stood up. At one end of the hallway was a group of five Weeping Angels.

"Just how many of them are there?!" Rarity snapped.

"There just seems to be no end to them!" Fluttershy cried. The Doctor looked to see that the other end of the hallway was clear.

"Everypony run at the count of three!" he said. "One...two...three!"

Everypony turned around and ran down the hallway. They could hear the sound of the Weeping Angels' feet running along the concrete floor behind them. Trixie looked back for a second to see that the Angels were catching up to them quickly. They eventually came to a pair of blue, iron doors that were locked tight.

"This looks like a good place to seek refuge!" said the Doctor as he pulled out his Screwdriver and unlocked the doors. They quickly slipped inside and the Doctor proceeded to close and lock the doors behind them. "We should be safe in here."

"I wouldn't count on that, Doctor," said Twilight. The Doctor turned around to see a line of guns pointed at him and the others.

"Great move, Doctor," Trixie scoffed.