• Published 19th Jan 2013
  • 2,648 Views, 56 Comments

Doctor Whooves Episode 10: The Magician and the Angels - Doctor Perseus



After a month of traveling, things seem to be going well for the Doctor and his companions. However, after a certain egotistical unicorn appears in the TARDIS, they find themselves trapped in an army base that has a bad infestation.

  • ...
8
 56
 2,648

Alone

Chapter 1: Alone

Hospital Wing, Fort McDonald, Trixus, Regulus Orbit, Autumn, 6609 C.E.

Trixie hit the ground with a loud thud as the TARDIS came to a sudden halt. Her hat flew off her head and fell on top of Spike.

"Give Trixie her hat back!" Trixie snapped as he snatched the hat up and placed it back on her head.

"What just happened?" Derpy asked.

"I don't know. But I know that we're certainly not on Rowel," the Doctor replied.

"I demand that you take Trixie back to where you took her from!" Trixie ordered as she approached the Doctor.

"Nice to see you again too, Trixie," Twilight said as she rolled her eyes.

"I should have known that you and your stupid friends would be behind this! Take Trixie back now!"

"Does she normally talk like that?" the Doctor whispered to Twilight.

"Sadly, yes," Twilight sighed.

"Stop whispering amongst yourselves and take Trixie home this instant! Trixie doesn't want to be in your company any longer than she needs to be!" Trixie snapped.

"Don't worry, the feeling is mutual," said Applejack. The Doctor began tweaking with the TARDIS controls.

"Uh oh," he said.

"Uh oh? I don't like the sound of that," said Spike.

"The TARDIS seems to be in a hibernation state."

"What does that mean exactly?" Rarity asked.

"That means that we're stuck here until the TARDIS recovers."

"I really don't like the sound of that!" Spike added.

"Trixie has no time for this! She has a show to get back to!" Trixie stated.

"You're still doing shows? I thought you would have stopped after Twilight showed you up," said Rainbow with a smirk.

"That was just luck! Trixie is still the superior unicorn!"

"Trixie, can we please put what happened behind us and move on? It doesn't matter who's better at magic," said Twilight.

"No! Trixie will put you in your place, Twilight Sparkle!"

"Wherever we are, can we just leave her here?" Rainbow asked.

"No, Rainbow," Twilight replied.

"Darn."

"Well we might as well see where we've landed anyway!" said the Doctor with a smile.

"What?! Trixie doesn't have time for this!" Trixie hollered.

"Quite a complainer, aren't you?"

"Oh shut up, you twit!"

"Trixie, don't worry about wasting any time. This is a time machine so you literally have all the time in the world," said Derpy as she walked by.

"What?"

Trixie fell silent as she followed the Doctor and the others through the TARDIS doors.

Outside the TARDIS was an old hospital ward. The windows were smashed, cobwebs hung from the ceiling and from the walls, the beds were rotting and torn, the windows were smashed, and the floor was filled with cracks. It was nighttime outside and a series of stars could be seen in the sky through the broken windows.

"Lovely place to stop," said Rarity sarcastically.

"I wonder where we are," said Spike. Derpy walked over to a nearby bedside table and examined a picture on top of it. The picture consisted of a group of soldiers. Something was written on the bottom of the picture. It read: Red Wing Unit - Ft. McDonald, November of 6599.

"This isn't recent but it may help out a bit," said Derpy as she handed the picture to the the Doctor. The Doctor examined the picture and sniffed it.

"It's at least ten years old," he said.

"You can tell how old something is by smelling it?" Fluttershy asked.

"Yes."

"Wow! I wish I could do that! That would come in real handy!" said Pinkie Pie.

"That doesn't make sense though. How could a place fall into such decay in less than a decade?" Twilight asked.

"Now that is a good question," said the Doctor.

"Who cares?!" Trixie asked.

"I do, and we're going to find out! Might as well since the TARDIS isn't taking us anywhere for a while."

Trixie turned back to the TARDIS and was shocked to see a small police box sitting there.

"But...how...how...what the hay is going on?!"

"That's what we'd like to know," said Applejack as she approached Trixie. "How did you get inside the TARDIS in the first place?"

"Trixie doesn't know and Trixie doesn't care! She just wants to go back to her show! Fans are waiting for her!"

"God help those fans," the Doctor whispered to himself.

"It feels weird, doesn't it?" Fluttershy asked.

"What does?" Derpy asked.

"Every place we've been to, there's always been somepony or something else there to keep us company. Here, it seems that we're the only ones here. We're completely alone."

Everypony feel silent. It was extraordinarily quiet. The only thing they could hear was the sound of their own breathing.

"Creepy," said Spike.

"Remember to giggle at the ghosties!" Pinkie reminded with a large grin.

"Thanks for the useful advice," Trixie said with a snarky tone.

"Exploration time?" Twilight asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Exploration time," the Doctor replied as he pulled out his Sonic Screwdriver.

Mess Hall, Fort McDonald, Trixus, Regulus Orbit, Autumn, 6609 C.E.

The group remained silent as they walked through the abandoned hallways. Even Trixie couldn't help but be silent. Nopony felt comfortable. It felt almost as if something were watching them at every moment. They eventually came upon an abandoned mess hall.

"Nothing. We've found absolutely nothing," Twilight sighed.

"Have hope, Ms. Sparkle! We'll find something eventually!" said the Doctor as he scanned the mess hall with the Screwdriver.

"Trixie doesn't have time to wait for you to find something!" Trixie complained.

"Don't give me any of that! You have all the time in the world, Ms. Trixie! By the way, for future preference, I recommend you hone your abilities in the area of patience."

Applejack, Rainbow, and Rarity snickered at Trixie.

Trixie noticed Rarity's smile and snapped, "Do you want your green hair back?!"

Rarity gasped and said, "No thank you! I prefer to keep my purple mane, thank you very much!"

"Then stop snickering like foals already!"

Rainbow turned to face Trixie and said, "Keep talking and I'm going to shove my hind hoof straight up your-"

"Rainbow!" Applejack hissed. Rainbow fell silent and turned away from the unicorn.

"Strange," said the Doctor.

"What's strange?" Derpy asked.

"This place has obviously been abandoned for quite some time, right?"

"Yes."

"If that were true then who's powering the lights?"

Everypony looked up to see that some of the mess hall's lights were on.

"Maybe it's a backup battery that was left on," Twilight guessed.

"No. It's not that. Somepony's powering them."

Suddenly, the lights began to flicker and a loud scream emanated from behind a nearby doorway. Spike and Pinkie hugged each other tightly and Fluttershy cowered behind them.

"Stand aside! The Great and Powerful Trixie can handle whatever's out there!" Trixie boasted. Twilight stepped forward without saying anything. "What are you doing? Back away! There is no need for your help, Twilight Sparkle!"

"I'm not trying to help in order to prove myself better than you, Trixie! I'm helping so that I can protect my friends!" Twilight snapped. That's when the lights when off. Twilight could hear somepony running through the mess hall doors as well as something running after them. The lights turned back on and both the Doctor's and Twilight's eyes went wide. Standing a few feet away from them was a pegasus stallion in a torn army outfit. Something was holding onto him: the statue of a humanoid angel.

"Please help me!" the stallion pleaded. Tears were beginning to stream down his face. "Don't blink! Don't blink! Whatever you do, please don't blink!"