• Published 17th Jan 2013
  • 2,149 Views, 55 Comments

Doctor Whooves Episode 9: Triple Rainbow - Doctor Perseus



The Doctor and his companions arrive in the Griffin Kingdom in 1021. Here they come across a future Rainbow Dash as well as a killer from an alternate dimension with a familiar face.

  • ...
6
 55
 2,149

The Horrific Truth

Chapter 6: The Horrific Truth

Eagle Park, Feathersville, The Griffin Kingdom, Gaia, Summer, 1021 C.E.

The Doctor, Twilight, and Derpy raced towards the TARDIS as the light of the full moon shone down upon them through the trees. The only other lights in the park were that of street lamps off in the distance and the light emanating from the TARDIS. The Doctor clapped his hooves and the doors flung open.

"So how exactly are we going to travel to the reality that Rainbow Dash is in?" Twilight asked as she, the Doctor, and Derpy walked into the TARDIS.

"You remember what her older self said! Just tell the TARDIS to follow the trail!" the Doctor replied.

"And how exactly are you going to do that?" Derpy asked.

"I have absolutely no idea!"

The Doctor laughed as he began tweaking with the controls. The TARDIS began shaking slightly.

"C'mon, girl! Just find the trail! Find the trail!"

Several seconds of anxious silence passed before the TARDIS finally latched onto something.

"Aha! There it is!"

The TARDIS groaned and began to rock violently as it proceeded to begin following the proverbial break crumb trail that lead to where Rainbow Dash was. The ship lurched to the left and then to the right and then back to the left. Twilight and Derpy held on for their dear lives. Dimensional travel was certainly different from time or space travel. There were more holes to get through, more rules to break, and more obstacles in their path.

"Hold on, you two! We're almost there! It's very difficult to transfer a ship through dimensional barriers! One wrong move and the walls will crush us!" the Doctor said.

"That's good to hear!" Twilight replied as she held onto one side of the control console. The TARDIS slowly began to revert to its normal vibrations and sound emissions.

"There we go! She's learning! The TARDIS is learning!"

The TARDIS gave out one last, gigantic groan as it weaved itself through the dimensional walls.

12 Claw Lane, Feathersville, The Griffin Kingdom, Gaia, Summer, 1021 C.E.

Rainbow the killer lunged for Applejack first. Applejack dodged the knife attack and kicked the killer in the side. Rainbow recovered from the kick quickly and sliced at Applejack again. The knife managed to make a clean cut in her cheek. A small stream of blood began rolling down Applejack's face. Spike blew fire at the killer but she took to the air. Rarity levitated a nearby chair and chucked it at her. Rainbow casually dodged the attack and readied her knife again. She flew towards them at lightning speed. They jumped to the side but Rarity wasn't fast enough. Rarity's heart jumped as she felt the knife go into her chest. Rainbow pulled the knife out and Rarity fell to the ground, blood oozing from the wound in her chest. Rainbow prepared to bring the knife down again but Spike sent a blast of fire at her. The fire singed her tail.

"You little brat!" Rainbow the killer screamed as she turned around and charged for Spike. Applejack stepped in between her and Spike. Applejack dodged the knife attacks as she began punching at Rainbow. Rainbow laughed as she dodged the attacks. "You've got some fight in you! Good. I like that."

Rainbow licked her lips in a seductive manner. Spike tried to rush over to Rarity's aid but Rainbow proceeded to kick him. Spike flew off into the bushes and landed hard on his stomach. When he looked up, he nearly lost his dinner. Lying on the ground just a few feet from him was the mutilated body of a female griffin. Spike wanted to puke but he turned away from the corpse and ran back to help Rarity. Spike emerged from the bushes just in time to see Applejack land a successful punch in dark Rainbow's jaw. The killer growled and thrust the knife at Applejack's leg. The knife made a swift cut in her leg but it wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been. Spike turned towards Rarity. The white unicorn was beginning to lose consciousness.

"No," Spike breathed as he ran for her. Rainbow then shoved Applejack aside and ran for Spike.

"Oh no you don't!" she cackled as she flew towards him. Rainbow was about to reach him when a cyan blur intercepted her. It was the elder Rainbow Dash. "Not you again!"

"Leave my friends alone! This is between you and me!" Rainbow the elder snapped. The killer tried to stab the elder Rainbow with the knife but Rainbow the elder managed to knock the knife down towards the ground. The dark Rainbow began pulling elder Rainbow towards the ground. Elder Rainbow intercepted this move and began trying to subdue her. "Ready to give in yet?!"

"Ha! I'm only just getting warmed up!"

Dark Rainbow then jabbed elder Rainbow in the neck, stunning her temporarily. The killer broke free and flew towards the others. Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy were trying their best to cover Rarity's wound. Scootaloo placed Rarity on her back and began walking away.

"Scootaloo! Look out!" Applejack warned. Scootaloo looked to see the dark Rainbow flying at her. Scootaloo tried to flee but a pair of strong forelegs wrapped around her. Rarity fell to the ground as Rainbow began wrapping her hooves around Scootaloo's neck.

"Die already, you little twerp!" Rainbow the killer snapped sadistically. Scootaloo fought back but found that the dark Rainbow was much stronger than she was. Rainbow the elder and Gilda flew at the killer but dark Rainbow managed to dodge their attacks while continuing to strangle Scootaloo. Gilda flew back and managed to nick the dark Rainbow in the side. Scootaloo fell to the ground and was caught by Pinkie Pie. Dark Rainbow flew towards the ground and grabbed the knife she had dropped earlier. "Come at me then!"

Rainbow the elder flew towards Rainbow the killer. Dark Rainbow aimed her blade and flew towards the elder Rainbow Dash. Elder Rainbow knew this attack would not work in terms of winning the fight but she knew that this is what she had to do in order to have the events play out like they should. At the last second, elder Rainbow dodged the attack. The knife, however, managed to embed itself in one of her wings. Rainbow fell to the ground with a loud thud. Killer Rainbow flew towards her to make her final strike. That's when a yellow blur flew out of nowhere and intercepted the dark Rainbow.

"Fluttershy!" Spike cried. Fluttershy and Rainbow the killer became enthralled in an aerial struggle.

"I've had enough of you!" Fluttershy snapped as she continued to push the dark Rainbow away from her friends. Dark Rainbow could only laugh at Fluttershy's attempts to stop her.

"You were always weak, Fluttershy. Weak in my world and weak in this one. I guess some things never change," dark Rainbow taunted. Tears were rolling down Fluttershy's face but they were more along the lines of tears of anger rather than tears of fright or sadness. Suddenly, the air behind dark Rainbow began to ripple in an odd way. Fluttershy knew what this meant.

"You're not going to hurt anypony anymore!"

Fluttershy then shoved dark Rainbow towards the dimensional rift. However, Rainbow the killer managed to grab onto Fluttershy's tail at the last second. Fluttershy tried to fly away but dark Rainbow was too strong. The two pegasi disappeared into the rift just as it closed.

"FLUTTERSHY!" cried Applejack and Pinkie Pie.

"Don't worry," Rainbow groaned as she lifted herself up, the knife still embedded in her wing. "Fluttershy's fine. She'll be back in a few days."

"A few days? What in Equestria do you mean by that?!" Spike asked.

"Trust me. I explain it all to you later. Right now I think a few of us need to see a doctor."

Gilda helped lift up the injured Rarity as Scootaloo and Pinkie Pie helped balance Rainbow the elder. Spike aided Applejack a little bit. The group then walked off down the dark road towards the clinic, relieved in the thought that the worst was over...for them.

The Rainbow Factory, Cloudsdale, Equestria, Gaia, Summer, 1002 C.E.

The suited ponies were advancing quickly. Rainbow and the foals aimed their rods. She wasn't going to let them be taken back down there. She was going to fight to the very last breath. Suddenly, the entire factory shook violently. Everypony, including Spitfire and the suited ponies, froze. The factory shook again.

"What the hell is that?" Spitfire snapped. The factory shook again as a strange sound began emanating throughout the hallway. Rainbow knew that sound. It was a sound she had heard all too many times by this point. It was the sound of the TARDIS. A few feet away a large blue box began materializing out of thin air.

"Unbelievable!" Rainbow exclaimed with a smile as the TARDIS fully materialized. The doors flung open and out stumbled a somewhat dizzy Doctor.

"Well that was certainly a ride to remember!" he exclaimed. Twilight and Derpy stumbled out after him.

"I hope the next journey is a smoother one!" Derpy said.

"Me too," Twilight added. The trio then noticed Rainbow, the foals, and the suited ponies.

"There you are, Rainbow Dash! Sorry if we're a little bit late!" said the Doctor as he walked forward.

"Who the hell are you?!" Spitfire snapped.

"I'm the Doctor and I'm here to take Rainbow Dash back home if you don't mind."

The Doctor saw Rainbow mouth and the foals too to him.

"And the foals too!"

"She is home, Doctor. This is where she belongs. This is where all these failures belong. They're not leaving here," Spitfire replied coldly.

"I'm sorry to say this but I'm not leaving here without them."

"Then you will remain here also! Take the Doctor and his companions!"

The suited ponies began charging for the Doctor. The Doctor pulled out his Sonic Screwdriver, gripping it perfectly with his hoof, and aimed it at the rods. The electrical rods malfunctioned and proceeded to electrocute their users.

"Yes! I finally figured out how to use my hooves!" the Doctor cheered.

"Well done, Doctor!" Derpy said happily.

"Can we celebrate later?!" Rainbow asked as she ran for the TARDIS, the foals following close behind her.

"Get them! Catch them all! Kill them all! Leave Rainbow Dash alive! She needs to be reverted!" Spitfire ordered as she and the suited ponies charged for them.

"Into the TARDIS we go!" said Twilight as she directed all of the foals into the TARDIS. The Doctor was the last one to slip into the TARDIS.

"COME BACK HERE!"

"Catch ya later! Have fun in prison you sad, strange, little ponies!" the Doctor responded with a smug look as he closed the TARDIS doors behind him, making sure to lock them.

The foals looked in awe at the interior of the TARDIS.

Angela looked around and said, "It's...it's-"

"Bigger on the inside than it is on the outside," the Doctor, Twilight, Derpy, and Rainbow said together. Banging sounds then began emanating from outside the TARDIS. The foals began to shiver and whimper.

"Don't worry, children! Those nasty ponies aren't getting in through those doors!" the Doctor said as he began tweaking with the controls. "So, Rainbow, where off to now?"

"Celestia! She and Luna need to know about what really goes on inside the Rainbow Factory!" replied Rainbow Dash.

"To Canterlot Castle we go! Allons-y!"

Canterlot Castle, Canterlot, Equestria, Gaia, Summer, 1002 C.E.

Princess Celestia and Princess Luna were sitting quietly in their thrones when a mysterious sound began reverberating throughout the room.

"My sister, what is that?" Luna asked.

"I have no clue, Luna. The sound seems to be coming from nowhere!" Celestia replied. Suddenly, a strange, blue box appeared right in front of the thrones. The guards readied their weapons. The doors opened and out walked the Doctor.

"Ah! Celestia! Luna! How nice to see you again!" the Doctor exclaimed as he stumbled out.

"Excuse me, but who exactly are you?"

"Oh, right. Different reality, different timeline. I guess I'm not in this reality. Well I am now but I wasn't originally."

"Will you stop this babble and explain to us who you are and why you are here?" Luna snapped.

"I'm the Doctor and this is why I am here, your majesties."

The Doctor pointed towards the TARDIS as twenty sad and frightened foals stumbled out through the doors. Twilight, Derpy, and Rainbow followed them out.

"These children. They look so...scarred," said Celestia.

"That's because they are, your majesty," said Twilight as she stepped forward.

"Twilight, my student, what is going on?"

"It's a long and complicated story but the main point is that you need to shut down the Rainbow Factory in Cloudsdale at once!"

"Why?" Luna asked.

"Your majesties, do you know what the main ingredient of a rainbow is?" Rainbow asked as she pulled herself out of the uncomfortable Rainbow Factory uniform.

"I assume that it's a mixture of special chemicals and unicorn magic."

"You're wrong. A thousand years ago, after Princess Celestia handed the task of making rainbows to the pegasi, the pegasi found a different and more cruel way to make rainbows."

"And that was?" Celestia asked.

"They killed young pegasi who failed their flight exams and extracted the color pigment from their bodies to use in the Spectra."

Celestia and Luna were silent. They couldn't believe what they were hearing...and yet the evidence was overwhelming. They looked at the foals to see that they were all nodding in agreement to what Rainbow Dash was saying.

"This...can't be," Celestia said.

"But it is, your majesty. I saw the inside of that factory with my own two eyes. Ask any of these foals, if not all of them, and they'll tell you the same story. Go to the factory and you'll see what I saw."

"But how could we have not known this?!" Luna asked.

"The rainbow makers are very good at keeping secrets."

"I suggest heading to Cloudsdale at once. The ponies might already be trying to escape because they know that their secret's out now," said the Doctor.

"My sister, I know this is a horrific tale to believe but I fear that they are right," said Luna. Tears were rolling down Celestia's face. Twilight could only imagine what this Celestia was feeling. Her own subjects had been killing colts and fillies on a day-to-day basis for over a thousand years and she had yet to discover that fact. It must truly be a horrible feeling.

"Luna, round up the guards. We're going to Cloudsdale," Celestia said. Luna nodded and teleported away. "Children, be afraid no longer. You will be returned to your respective families shortly."

The children began to cry with happiness. The horror was over. Angela and Davy walked up and hugged Rainbow Dash.

"You saved us!" Angela exclaimed.

"We helped too so where's our hugs?" Derpy whispered to the Doctor with a grin. The Doctor chuckled as the foals were led away by the guards.

"You were brave, Rainbow Dash. To infiltrate that factory and weed out its darkest secrets. You did what I was too stubborn and oblivious to do. Thank you," said Celestia.

"Your majesty, there's one last thing you need to know before we leave," said Rainbow Dash.

"Leave? Where are you going?"

"The four of us: the Doctor, Twilight, Derpy, and I, we're not from this reality."

"What are you saying?"

"We're from an alternate reality, Princess. We're from a reality where rainbows really are made of chemicals and magic and there is no need for the sacrificing of young lives," the Doctor explained. "The Rainbow Dash that's standing here right now is from that reality. The Rainbow Dash from this reality, your reality, is...well-"

"She's the manager of the Rainbow Factory. She's been in charge of this operation for several years," Rainbow finished. Celestia was even more in shock. She looked down in sorrow.

"I just...can't believe it," she said as tears rolled down her cheeks. The broken heart of the Princess was enough to make Twilight, Derpy, and Rainbow teary-eyed. The Doctor didn't cry but his face was frozen in a somber state. "Where...where is the Rainbow Dash from my reality?"

"She's back in our reality causing trouble for our friends. Don't worry, Princess. We'll make sure that she's returned to this reality so that she receives the justice she deserves!" Twilight exclaimed.

"That's a promise!" Derpy stated. Celestia was refusing to look up. The pain was too much at the moment.

"I guess we'll be going then," Rainbow said awkwardly as she began walking back towards the TARDIS. She walked back into the ship and was followed by Twilight and Derpy.

"I'm sorry, Celestia. I am so, so sorry," said the Doctor as he began walking back towards the TARDIS.

"Doctor!" said Celestia suddenly. The Doctor looked back to see Celestia's saddened and teary face looking back at him. "Before you go, can you promise me something?"

"Anything."

"Make sure my other self, your Celestia, remains happy. Make sure she never has to experience the pain that I've just gone through."

"We all experience different types of pain, Celestia. I can't promise that I can stop her from feeling every type of pain...but I promise that I'll make sure that she never goes through the pain that you've been forced to endure. I can promise you that, at least."

"Thank you, Doctor."

"Goodbye, Celestia. I wish you all the luck in the universe."

And with that, Celestia lowered her head to continue her silent crying. The Doctor turned away and walked back into the TARDIS. Celestia kept looking down as the TARDIS disappeared into thin air.