• Published 17th Jan 2013
  • 2,149 Views, 55 Comments

Doctor Whooves Episode 9: Triple Rainbow - Doctor Perseus



The Doctor and his companions arrive in the Griffin Kingdom in 1021. Here they come across a future Rainbow Dash as well as a killer from an alternate dimension with a familiar face.

  • ...
6
 55
 2,149

Prologue

Doctor Whooves: Episode 9
Triple Rainbow

Prologue

Performance Arena, Cloudsdale, Equestria, Gaia, Summer, 992 C.E.

"Go! Go! Go!" cheered the 9-year-old Rainbow Dash as a group of pegasi in costumes flew through the sky above the stadium. It was truly a sight to behold. Black smoke trailed behind them as Rainbow Dash tried her best to keep her eyes on them. She longed to be up there in the sky with them. Flying. Being free with the Wonderbolts. That was her goal. She was sure of it. A few moments later, the Wonderbolts descended towards a cloud platform in the center of the stadium. A microphone appeared and the leader of the group approached it.

"Good afternoon, Cloudsdale!" said the leader. Cheers erupted through the stands. "I can see that you're all very excited to see us! Well, today is a very special day because today we are proud to admit two more young fliers into our ranks!" Two pegasi flew towards the platform and stood firm. One was a 17-year-old mare with dark yellow coat, a yellow-orange mane, and a cutie mark that consisted of a fiery lightning bolt, and the other was a 16-year-old stallion with a light blue coat, a dark blue mane, and a cutie mark that consisted of a lightning bolt with wings. "As leader of the Wonderbolts, I am proud to present the newest additions to the Wonderbolts: Spitfire and Soarin'!"

The stadium erupted in applause again as Spitfire and Soarin' were dressed in a pair of new Wonderbolts outfits.

"That's going to be me someday!" Rainbow said to herself as Spitfire and Soarin' took off with the other Wonderbolts.

"I bet you'll be one of them one day," said a shy voice. Rainbow looked to see her classmate, Fluttershy, standing next to her. Rainbow blushed a bit.

"Oh...you heard me say that?"

"You were talking pretty loud."

"Oh. Heh. I didn't see you as one to come to events like these, Fluttershy!"

"I'd never been to a Wonderbolts show before so I decided to see what it was like."

Rainbow and Fluttershy looked up and stared in awe as the Wonderbolts zoomed through the sky.

"Do you really believe that I'll be one of them someday?" Rainbow asked.

"My mother always says that as long as you believe in a dream, you can make it happen," Fluttershy replied.

"Yeah...and I'm definitely going to make my dream happen!"

The two fillies then turned back to the sky to continue watching the show.

Eagle Park, Feathersville, The Griffin Kingdom, Gaia, Summer, 1021 C.E.

Rainbow Dash shook out of her flashback as the TARDIS gave one final lurch.

"There we go!" said the Doctor happily.

"So where are we now?" Derpy asked with a big smile.

"Who knows?! Out there is anywhere in the universe at anytime!"

"I'm so excited!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed as she bounced over to the doors.

"Is something on your mind, Rainbow?" asked Applejack as she approached the pegasus. Rainbow figured that she must have been staring off into space and she shook her head kindly.

"Nah! I'm good!" she replied as she followed Pinkie towards the door.

The TARDIS had landed in the middle of a simple park. In fact, it almost looked exactly like the park from Ponyville.

"Well at least it looks like we're back on our own planet," Twilight sighed.

"Yeah but where exactly are we?" Spike asked.

"And when are we?" Rarity asked.

"I don't know! Isn't that exciting?!" the Doctor replied with a grin.

"It's usually never good when you don't know something," Rainbow Dash pointed out.

"Well nopony knows everything. Not even the Doctor," said Fluttershy.

"Too true. Too true. But why don't we just try to find out when and where we are?" said the Doctor. Suddenly, the tree leaves above them rustled as two figures flew through the limbs and landed on the ground just a few feet away.

"Beat ya again!" said one of the figures, who had a familiar, cocky voice.

"You don't have to rub it in! I know I'm not as fast as you!" said the other figure.

"Do you think I stand a chance of winning the Gailenean 1000?"

"Of course you do! You've won so many races by this point that this one should be just a piece of cake for you!"

"I don't know, Gilda. I mean, Spitfire's racing too and I've yet to beat her in all the years I've been a member of-"

The first figure stopped and turned towards the Doctor and the others. The second figure noticed them and fell silent. The two figures them emerged from the shadows. Rainbow could feel her jaw dropping like an iron. She first noticed that one of the figures was her ex-friend, Gilda the griffin. She then turned to the other figure and realized that it was herself! Everybody in the group fell silent.

The Doctor cleared his throat before saying, "Well this is awkward."

"This is the day isn't it?" Gilda asked as she turned towards the future Rainbow Dash.

"Yes. Heh. It looks like winning the Gailenean 1000 is no longer my top priority," chuckled Rainbow Dash, age 38.