• Published 17th Jan 2013
  • 2,756 Views, 152 Comments

Life As She Knew It - DerpyDash2131



When Fluttershy is transported to Earth in human form, it is your duty to watch over her.

  • ...
14
 152
 2,756

[Edited] A New Discovery

*BZZT* *BZZT* You yawn and slam the 'OFF' button on the alarm clock. You sleepily climb out of bed and hop into the shower, ignoring the mess that coats your one room apartment. Really need to get this cleaned... Nah.

You briefly go over today's schedule in your head. Working at the local grocery store till 5:30, then heading home, eating, watching the latest My Little Pony, and bed.

Generally, this was your everyday routine. You just finished high-school and moved out right away, borrowing a little money from you parents and then working for the rest. You didn't have any major plans for life, or a real backstory for that matter.

Climbing out of the shower, you got dressed and glanced at the clock. "Shit!!" you yelled. You were around 15 minutes behind schedule.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

You arrived home around six. You walked into the kitchen and rubbed your stomach saying "I'll feed you soon." Pulling open the fridge, you grabbed a pizza box and ran into the main area, sort of a living room, and was about to plop onto the recliner when you smelled something.

It was revolting, to put it simply. It wasn't the usual my-house-hasn't-been-cleaned-in-3- months revolting. That, you were used to. It was more like all-the-animals-at-the-zoo-in-one-cage revolting. You set the pizza box down and looked for the source of the smell. This. Is. Disgusting! You picked up a pile of dirty clothes that you'd been meaning to get washed and found the source of the smell.

A little bunny. With little bunny turds. Completely surrounding it. FFUUUUUUUU.

"Hey little guy.. How'd you get here?" you said, walking into your bedroom to find a box to put him in. The bunny attempted to jump out of your hands and you briefly thought of Angel, Fluttershy's obnoxious pet bunny. You had been a closet brony all of your life, and, in your opinion, Fluttershy was best pony. You'd always wanted to meet a girl even a little bit like her.

You put a towel in an old microwave box and set the bunny in there. You look around for somewhere to put the bunny where you wouldn't lose him. "Lil' guy, where do you wanna go?' you said, thinking out loud. You tended to do that a lot. You finally just decided to throw the box on the bed. "WHAT THE FU-" There was a girl in your bed.

The girl was breathtakingly beautiful. She began to wake up when you yelled. She sat up a moment slowly, rubbing her eyes and looking at her hands. "What happened to my hooves?!" she whispered in a mixture of awe and fear. She threw the blanket off of herself, seeing a pink pleated skirt, a yellow t-shirt with three pink butterflies in the lower left corner. She looked to be your age, maybe a year younger. Her long, wavy, light pink hair fell cascaded over her shoulders, making her all the more beautiful. Damn. She's pretty good looking. WAIT. WHO IS SHE!?

A loud "Eep!!!" pulled you out of your thoughts. "What are these? Who are you? Where am I?" she said, nearly yelling. "Who are you and why are you in my house?!" you said, trying to stay calm. "I'm Fluttershy... the strange girl murmured, barely allowing you to hear her name. "N-nuh uh... Fluttershy?! Tell me who you really are, NOW! I'm going to call the police!!!" you shouted, your voice wavering a bit at the end. The girl burst in to quiet sobs. "Shit... I'm sorry..." No way this is real... You sighed. "T-tell me your story. Then I'll decide if it's real." She told you a shortened version of her story.

"Uhmm... There was an unmonitored tornado heading toward my cottage.. And my little animal friends might have been hurt, you see? So I went with Rainbow Dash to try and stop it, but Twilight cast a banishing spell on it... and I got in the way... I think..." she murmured.

"Be right back!" you gasped, running out of the room without waiting for a response.

You ran in to the bathroom, muttering things like "This isn't real.." all the while. You felt somewhat sick. While filling the sink up with water, you realize you were hyperventilating. Deep breaths... you thought to yourself. You through your head in the water. 5 seconds...10 seconds...30 seconds. You came up, gasping for air, then went back into your bedroom.

"I'll take care of you for now." you said.

"Thanks." she whispered, causing you to "d'awww" on the inside. You had a feeling there'd be a lot of d'awww-ing with this pony around. You cleared off the bed and shoved most of the trash in to the closet. The room looked about 20% cleaner in the 10 seconds it took you to 'clean' it. "So... you can sleep in here... Uhmm... If you need anything, I'll be in the living room..." you muttered awkwardly.

"Okay, thank you!" she whispered, setting Angel's bed/cage up perfectly, as you had just thrown it together.

You left her and went in to the living room, putting the bunny turds in the trash. You then turned off the lights and laid on the small sofa. You pulled a blanket over yourself and began to think of the possibilities. If it was possible to get turned in to a human and go to Earth, was it possible to be turned in to a pony and go to Equestria? I wouldn't mind leaving everything behind if it meant being happy... were your last coherent thoughts before you finally drifted off to sleep.

Author's Note:

Hey, Katie here! This version wasn't edited, but Hydra js working on that now! :) My first fanfiction... I'm posting this chapter and probably chapter 2, then I'm going to wait and see if people want me to continue... Please post constructive criticism!! I'm barely in my teens, so I could use some halp