• Published 17th Jan 2013
  • 2,752 Views, 152 Comments

Life As She Knew It - DerpyDash2131



When Fluttershy is transported to Earth in human form, it is your duty to watch over her.

  • ...
14
 152
 2,752

An Epic Failure

"After you," you said, trying to act like a gentleman.

"Oh, okay! Thank you!" Fluttershy whispered, walking through the door. You had taken her to an Italian restaurant, the only one in your town, truth be told.

The restaurant wasn't fancy enough for it to seem like a date, but not near as crappy as a fast food "restaurant." You walked in the building with a sigh... A happy one, of course! This was your favorite restaurant and you were happy to be to be able to share it with Fluttershy.

"May I help you?" The hostess asked politely.

"Uhm... Table for two?" You said, making the statement seem like a question. Rolling her eyes, the hostess led you to a small table.

"Someone will be here in a moment to take your order," she said, laying two menus on the table.

You opened one and looked at the drink section.

"What do you want to drink, 'Shy?" You asked, blushing once you realized what you had called her. According to the show, Fluttershy only allowed her closest friends to call her that. You were unsure on how she would respond, considering you had just met her yesterday.

Appearing not to notice, she opened her menu and replied. "Lemonade, I suppose. It's my favorite."

Nodding your head, you said "Same here!" You had no idea why, but it pleased you that you shared some likes with her. A young looking waitress came by your table.

"Hi, I'm Amelia, and I'll be your waitress today!" she said brightly.

"Hi, this is Flutt- uhm... Flora! And I'm-" you were cut off by a sharp kick from Fluttershy. "We'd like 2 lemonades," you mumbled. That girl could kick HARD.

"Okay, I'll be back with your drinks in a few minutes!" Amelia said happily, walking off.

"Why didn't you tell her my real name?!? Who the heck is FLORA!?" Fluttery whispered angrily.

"Chill, 'Shy. If people knew your real name, they'd think we're insane. Your hair attracts enough attention as it is. And Flora suits you, because it's a nature-y name," you said calmly, leaning back in your chair.

Blushing deeply, Fluttershy said "Oh... okay. Sorry for yelling." My Lord... She honestly thinks she had been yelling... you thought.

"'Shy, you weren't yelling. You weren't even speaking normal volume," you managed, stifling a giggle. Yes, guys giggle, so hush!

"Okay.. I knew that!" She said, blushing, causing you to full out laugh. "Hey!! Don't laugh!" Fluttershy said, now giggling a bit herself.

The waitress came back with their drinks right then.

"Two lemonades. Are you ready to order your meal?" Amelia asked kindly.

"Yup. One large plate of vegetarian spaghetti." you replied.

"Okay, I'll be back with your order in a bit!"

"What's vegetarian?" Fluttershy asked. You figured this would come up quickly...

"Well... It's someone who doesn't eat meat..."

"Humans eat meat?!?" she screeched, shocked.

"Uhm... Yeah.." you said meekly.

"You eat meat?!?" she yelled, causing everyone to stare.

"Uhm... Yeah.." you replied. Sitting up and shoving her chair back, she walked in the general direction of the door, causing your heart to sink. Suddenly, she walked back.

"Fuck!" you yelled. She had slapped you. HARD. Fluttershy ran out of the restraunt, tears streaming down her face. "Aauuuggh..." you moaned. You hated making people mad. You looked around. Some people were staring sympathetically, others were trying not to laugh. "SHIT!"

You realized Fluttershy had no idea where to go.