• Published 8th Jan 2013
  • 3,600 Views, 76 Comments

Equestria, What A Place. - 254Ddubman



Stanley Madison is a 24 year old college student that needs to write a paper about something that has happen in his life that has changed him. After a rough time thinking on the subject , a accident transpires really increasing the subject tenfold.

  • ...
23
 76
 3,600

Chapter 13: Ice Cream Extravaganza

Today's the big day, the day my apology really matters, the day I can make everything up to Trixie. Nuts gave us the chance of a lifetime, and swear we won't let him down.

From your lack of experience with 'magic'. I expect different.

Well that's true, but I am a quote unquote Spell Monkey. So I won't have to do much anyway, instead make her look good.

And you're proud of that?

Well not really, but at least I won't have to feel bad anymore.

After having that 'sophisticated' conversation with.... myself. Nuts was beginning to leave out the door, but before slamming it like I expected, He suddenly turned towards me with a grin.

"Heeeey." Nuts playfully sings while pointing his hoof at the upstairs door. Reveling the guestroom he never wanted me to sleep in. Dose this mean if the show goes well, I can finally sleep in there?!

Don't get your hopes up kid, that could mean something totally different.

I hope it didn't, I'm really getting tired of sleeping on that couch.

But anyway, I think it's about time to head over to Trixie's to tell her the good news.

The only problem is we have to see if she's okay with this gig.

It's fine. This is what she wanted anyway, how can she refuse?


"What do you mean, NO?" I shouted in confusion toward the mare.

"I mean, I'm not going to a gig I know nothing about. Let alone even practiced for." Trixie replied in protest.

Later on that day, I headed over to Trixie's. Where she stood behind her trailer, reading a couple of magic books. I came approaching her with the good news. But apparently, she thinks different.

"Not practice? Then what was all the crap we went through yesterday? I thought this is what you wanted."

"That was ONE DAY! This is a gig, which takes a couple of days to prepare for."

"You're over-reacting, come on! It'll be fun I swear."

"Look Stan, I can appreciate the fact that you were trying to help. But I just can't do this."

It's obvious i'm not making a breakthrough with this woman. I'm not sure if she's shy, or she just thinks everything will go bad.

But I know one thing, If we don't make it to this gig, I can kiss that guest bedroom goodbye for sure.

Trixie then stood there with an expression on her face simulating that she wasn't gonna go.

"Come on! This is gonna make us big probably." I stated.

Concern then shows across the face of Trixie upon hearing.

"Plus I'm on your side too, so even if the show goes bad, We can BOTH have the shame." I included.

"I don't know..." Trixie says, still unsure.

"I'll be the spell monkey for the shoooow." I playfully toned, assuring that Trixie might enjoy the idea.

What did you just say? WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!

"Hmmmm. Oh alright, I'll go!" Trixie agree with no hesitation upon all the benefits I included.

"Awesome!" I shouted in excitement. The guestroom might finally be mine after all.... But then I realized.

Oh, wait minute.

*POOF* A zap a magic from Trixie's horn once again turned me into a primate.

"Aw, Man." I uttered in defeat as Trixie giggled.

"Come On. Let's get going!" Trixie said, grabbing her hat before heading off.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile at the 'Ice Cream Extravaganza' Nuts was getting awfully frustrated because Stan has yet to show up.

"Hey..." Nuts grumbles to himself, selling ice cream to all the kids at the event.

"Hey Nuts, What's the matter with you?" Pinkie Pie asks walking towards the troubled stallion.

"Hey." Nuts replied.

"Stanley has yet to show up?"

"Hey."

"Oh, come on Nuts. It's not all that bad. I'm sure Stan will show up soon."

"Hey."

"What was he suppose to be doing anyway?"

"Uh. Hey."

"Something with Trixie? Noooooooo, That's impossible! They hate each other. Like yesterday him and Trixie were arguing because Trixie took his banana."

"Hey?"

"Of course it's true! I was there. Plus Stanley would never lie to me..... Would he?"

"Hey."

"Now Nuts, there's no need for that type of language. Now get back to selling that ice cream. These fillies ain't gonna feed themselves.....Well, actually they can....but you know what I mean."

"Hey."

"Don't worry, Stanley will come, I just know it." Pinkie concluded, assuring Nuts not to get angry.

And right on cue.

"HEY PINKIE!" Stan shouted from afar, finally arriving to the party.

"STAN-ley?" Pinkie Pie's greeting is suddenly paused upon seeing the sight of Trixie Lulamoon walking by the side of Stan. Pinkie Pie was now aware that Stan was indeed lying to her.


"Holy Crap! We made it on time." I said, surprised that the event was still going on.

"I'm not sure about this." Trixie said in regret of doing the gig.

"Come on, Trixie. You can't bail out now. I'm already in the monkey get-up." I explained to Trixie, making her reconsider.

"I guess." She said in defeat.

We started to approach Pinkie Pie, (who was glaring at me for some odd reason) and Nuts, who was still serving ice cream to fillies. Nuts finally notices I just arrived, and BOY was he mad.

"HEY!" Nuts screams at me with great force.

"Sorry we're late, I ran into some difficulties. But everything's fine now." I said, trying to calm down the ill mannered stallion. Pinkie Pie then zooms towards me, making our eyes meet contact.

"YOU BIG LIAR!" Pinkie yelled while glaring me down. "I thought you and Trixie hated each other! Was that whole banana story a fluke just to get me to go way!?" She continued.

Busted.

Before I started to explain to Pinkie Pie all the lies I've been telling her. Trixie started to wonder off to a platform with curtain.

Wow, Nuts really wanted you to put on a show.

Merely more interested in the show than Pinkie yelling at me. I carefully put my hand towards her muzzle.

"I'll explain later." I quickly said to the pink mare. Stunned by the action, Pinkie actually stops talking but she keeps a mad expression on her face.

I then turned towards Nuts who was staring me down the moment arrived, but it wasn't in a mean glare as expected, it was more of a confused concerned look.

It might be because your a monkey..

"Uh, Hey?-" Nuts begun to say before I abruptly stop him. Saying the exact words I said to Pinkie.

"I'll explain later." I spoke quickly, avoided any confusion. Nuts just stood there shaking his head to make sure what he see's isn't a illusion... It wasn't..

While Pinkie & Nuts stared at me (both for different reasons), I decided to tail off to were Trixie was. She was still at the curtained platform, poofing up things for her tricks on to the stage with her magic.

"Your really prepared for this?" I asked walking to her.

"Well, not really. I'm actually kind of nervous. I haven't practiced any new tricks. So most of this might has to be improv." Trixie replied.

"Improv? With magic? Wow this is going to be some show." I said, enthusiastic about the idea.

The fillies and colts began to gather around, seeing that their is a show about to start. Nuts continued to sell ice cream while Pinkie went on stage to induce me and Trixie.

Oh, boy. This should be good.

"LADIES AND GENTLECOLTS!" Pinkie yelled out. "Nuts' Ice Cream Extravaganza presents to you today, 'The Great and Apologetic Trixie' & 'The Big Fat Liar Stanley The Monkey'!"

"Pinkie!" I protested towards the mare

"Hehe, oops sorry. Still mad at you." Pinkie snickers as she bounces away still holding the grudge.

It was then our cue to perform..

Trixie begins the show by zapping me behind the curtain with her horn. To the crowd it looks like I disappeared, so they weren't the wiser. Trixie then took off her magicians hat and said the following.

"Watch, as I 'The Great and Apologetic Trixie' pull a monkey from my hat."

Digging her hoove deep into her hat, a magical aura appeared around me making me spontaneously go trough the hat as she pulled me out. (Don't ask how she did it, because I don't have a clue either.)

"TaDa!" Trixie paraded as the filly crowd was starting to eat up one of the basic's of magician tricks. Trixie was actually holding her own in this gig.

As the clapping from the crowd continued, Trixie begun her next trick.

"Next up will be an age spell." Trixie announced. "Watch as I make my Spell Monkey Stan, become younger before your very eyes!"

"Younger?" I whispered to myself in confusion. "I haven't seen this one before."

Trixie began to position herself, tilting her head so her horn could be directly aimed at me.

I hope this doesn't hurt.

Trixie then let out an enormous zap of magic towards me, making a big foggy purple cloud form around my likeness. My clothes felt heavier than they were before, and loose at that. I can confirm that I was still a monkey based on the fact that I can still feel the tail moving. Also, everything felt bigger and taller around me, like I shrunk or something. Avoiding any more confusion on the sudden change, I finally asked.

"Hey, what did you do to me!" I squeak upon saying. I seriously sounded like a infant just then.

It was then Trixie poofed up a mirror so I could see it for myself. And believe it or not, I was a child. I believe I was about 4 years old to be exact. I had all my baby teeth back, and I was looking goddamn adorable honestly.

The crowd reacted affectively to the trick, leaving them wanting more.

"So are you gonna change me back?" I squeaked again, unaware of how long this chimp-child transformation will last. And thus she does so. Changing me back to my older self with another zap.

"You're doing great so far." I whispered towards Trixie, who was actually doing an honestly good job for improv.

Trixie then winked at me as a reply and got ready for her final trick.

"For my final trick watch as Me & Stan levitate and fly through the air!" Trixie announced.

WHAT!

'What' was right. Not only was she unsuccessful at doing this trick BY HERSELF. But we only practiced it for one day. Their's no way we can pull this off.

"Um, Uh Trixie.... Are you sure about this?" I asked with concern if the mare was able to do this. And boy was she determined.

"No, but it's worth a shot." Trixie replies with a serious tone of voice. "Just try and stay calm, alright?"

"Okay." I nodded in agreement. And thus the trick began.

Trixie stood her position, taking deep and subtle breaths to assure herself she could do it. Her horn was beginning to glow and both of us started to have magical fields surround our feet. We slowly started to rise from the ground, a good 2 feet actually.

So far, So good.

We ascended higher in levitation until we reached the height of 20 feet. At this point im thinking in my mind "Stay Calm. Stay Calm!" while having my eyes locked shut. I then felt a touch upon my hand making me open my eyes on contact revealing Trixie's hoove holding me. I turned up to see her face in which she gave this settling look. A look that said "Trust me", so I did so and clinched my hand onto her.

After that moment we began to fly all across the heads of those at the party. They were all gazing in amazement as we twirled in the sky, even Nuts was impressed by the act. I even started to have a happy feeling inside, seeing as we are successfully doing the trick.

"Woo Hoo, YEAH! All Right!" I shouted with glee. "This is AWESOME!"

"I knew you'd get the hang of it." Trixie said as we flew.

Nearing the end of the stunt, me a Trixie nodded at each other as we back flipped back on to the platform. The crowd went berserk from the dismount seeing that the trick was preformed so perfectly. Pinkie Pie then appeared anonymously out of nowhere with a cannon.

I don't like the looks of this.

She pulled a string on cannon in which it let out a loud burst of......Confetti?

A look of confusion pasted across my face upon seeing such a contraption, but then I remember.....it was Pinkie Pie were talking about.

Our performance was now over, and Nuts' ice cream was beginning to sell like hot cakes. Fillies were lining up miles wide for it. I even think I saw Sweetie Belle and her friends in there too.

"That was amazing you two!" Pinkie Pie said as she bounced towards us.

"Why thank you Pinkie Pie." Trixie accepts the compliment. "But I couldn't have done it without my Spell Monkey."

"Yeah, Well, You know.." I started to say, sorta flattered by Trixie's words.

"Shut it! You big fat fibber." Pinkie Pie interrupted me in mid-sentence.

"Aw man, Pinkie Pie, Still?" I pleaded towards the mare for forgiveness. "I only lied to you because the lie before that lie was a lie, so I couldn't back up that lie because that would probably be a lie too, but based on the lies I already told I can now say that....I'm not a very good liar."

Pinkie Pie then stood frozen upon my speech, but nonetheless....She understood...

"OOOOOhhh Okay!" Pinkie Pie's bubbly smile arose once more. "I get it now, you only lied to me because you didn't want to hurt anyone's feeling with the first lie, so you had to make another lie to cover that lie."

Well....she kinda gets it.

"Well, Yeah." I simply replied, avoiding any further confusion with Pinkie Pie.

Nuts was beginning to make millions from the aftershow! He even begun to go insane from all the progress so much to even threw his riches in the air as he laughed with glee.

"I think Nuts is over joying himself quite a bit." Trixie states as she walked toward me.

"Yeah, I would say he does this all the time, but I only knew the guy for a couple of weeks." I joked as Nuts rolled around in the coins. Trixie snickered along with me as Nuts lost it and we both soon came to notice that a stallion started to walk towards us. He had a slicked mane and money signs covering a good quarter of his body. It was then I came into realization that it was the Filthy Rich dude I met at that one birthday party I went to.

"Hey, what's up Filthy." I casually greeted him.

"Why, Hello there Stanley, I've come to notice that you're a big fan of parties, No?" Filthy Rich replied, noticing he only sees me when theirs a party involved.

"Haha, Yeah, I guess i'm starting to notice that too. What do ya need?" I asked Filthy his reason for walking to us.

"Well I actually came to ask you two about the performance you just put on." Filthy Rich stated, immediately getting Trixie's attention. "It was a spectacular show and I wanted to ask if you could do the same at my daughter's birthday party as well?"

Upon asking, Trixie's eyes begun to lit and glitter in amazement. People are now wanting to book her for gigs, and she doesn't even have to ask.

"Absolutely Mr. Rich!" Trixie rushed to answer before I could even get a word out.

"Splendid then, The location will be at my house next weekend." Filthy Rich explains. "Don't be late."

"Absolutely Mr. Rich!" Trixie again repeated upon Filthy's words. I then received an outta-nowhere embrace from Trixie for no apparent reason.

"What is this for?" I asked, unaware of her actions.

"Because thank you, that's why." Trixie says as she squeezes tighter.

Can't argue with that.

Filthy Rich then sat and looked in confusion as Trixie finished the hug, like if something was bothering him.

"Um, Stanley. Not to be rude or anything but, Why are you a monkey?"

"HOLY CRAP!" I outburst, completely forgetting that I was still in primate form. "CHANGE ME BACK TRIXIE!"

Author's Note:

I would love it if I can get comments on this chapter, I just want to be aware if people were still reading this lol.