• Published 8th Jan 2013
  • 3,600 Views, 76 Comments

Equestria, What A Place. - 254Ddubman



Stanley Madison is a 24 year old college student that needs to write a paper about something that has happen in his life that has changed him. After a rough time thinking on the subject , a accident transpires really increasing the subject tenfold.

  • ...
23
 76
 3,600

Chapter 12: Witchcraft

Well today I start my first day as Trixie's Apprentice. Which means I can't do my usual morning routine of waking up, going back to sleep, waking up again, go to the restroom, lay down some more, and eventually eat breakfast (when I have the energy.) But instead, I had to actually get up to do something.

Now i'm just waiting for Nuts to leave the house to go to work. I have yet to tell him that I have a temporary job. He already thinks I owe him money for just breathing in his house. I'll just surprise him eventually.

Nuts then made his way out of the room passing the couch I was resting so soundly on.

"Hey." Nuts concluded before smashing the door on his exit.

It is now.. Go Time.

I rushed to put on a white dingy t-shirt along with a pair of jeans to suit up my apparel. I skipped a shower, and instead just slid on some deodorant to disregard any kind of stench. Finally I grabbed an apple for my breakfast before I headed towards the door for my first day of potential torture.

Opening the door into the fresh air of Equestria, I looked towards the sky to see the sun as it rises.

"Well I guess today can't be all that bad.."

Whatever.

"HI STANLEY!" I suddenly heard a cheerful voice call below me. It scared the BEJEZUS out of me. But I soon came to find out that it's none other then Equestria's most playful pony 'Pink..... Um, Guy?'.

Ohhh.. So Close.

"What's Up?" I greeted the mare who stood at my doorstep.

It's Pinkie Pie, dude..

"The sky, silly!" Pinkie Pie jokingly replied.

"Haha." I sarcastically smirked towards the pink horse. "Very funny, Pinkie."

"Well it is!" Pinkie Pie surely states.

Pinkie Pie was surely the jokester of all the ponies I knew in this world, which makes it kinda hard to tell if she's serious or not.

"Hehe, indeed it is. But um, why are you here exactly?"

"Well I came to see you silly! We haven't made any sweets together in like forever, Hehe!"

"At 10 in the morning?"

"Of course, better early than never!"

"I think the saying is 'better late then never' Pink."

"What ever floats your boat 'Stanly-Bambi'!"

Annoyed by the nickname, I choose to except it and proceeded to tell Pinkie about her unfortunate plan cancellation.

"Well sorry to break it to ya, But I actually have to go to Trixie's today for something else." I explain to Pinkie.

"WHAT! THE SAME GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE THAT SMASHED YOU INTO A TREE YESTERDAY?!?!?" Pinkie Pie exerted in response.

"H-how did you know about that?" I nervously asked, unaware that the story went out.

"Are you kidding?! Everyone in Ponyville knew as soon as the Cutie Mark Crusaders told us!"

"R-really?" I stammered to say as I started to gather all this new information.

"Yeah! They even told us how you stood up to her and made her cry like a baby! I have to say Stanley, I didn't think you had it in you." Pinkie said, concluding the story.

Whoa, seems like your little white lie turned into something bold, buddy. I'd like to see how you would get yourself out of this one.

"Yea..." I responded scratching my neck. "Me, neither.."

"But why would you rather go over there today, instead of hanging out with me?" Pinkie Pie asked with concerned eyes.

"Well...Ya see umm..."I muttered, thinking of a clever excuse."I left my um, Banana over there...Yeah!"

...Wut?

"Your Banana?" Pinkie said in confusion.

"Yeah, my Banana!... Um I left it at Trixie's house while I was yelling at her, hehe. I must've forgot.." I said, attempting to lie to the Pink Partier. But sure enough...

"Oh Okay, I totally understand!" Pinkie Pie assured me, understanding the 'situation'. "Do ya mind if I come with you, I'm not doing anything else today anyway."

Well Fuck.

"Sure,I guess. The more the merrier.."

"WOWIE ZOWIE!" Pinkie bursted in excitement. "Lets go!"

And at that moment Pinkie dashed forward, grabbing my hand. So I assume she knows were she is going..

"Pinkiiiiiiiiiieeeee!!!!" I shouted as we zoomed forward.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Do you even know where you're going?" I finally uttered to ask as we were fleeing forward.

"Of course I do silly, but even if I didn't my Pinkie senses would lead me the way."

"Your, what? Would do, What!?" I questioned the crazed of the pink mare.

"Hehe, ask Twilight, she has doubted my Pinkie senses also"

"I'll just take your word for it."

But surprising enough, we were actually going the RIGHT way to Trixie's trailer.......well the last place I recalled it was. She probably moved it, considering the fact that its a trailer. Needless to say, it's always good to check.

"We're HERE!" Pinkie said in excitement upon arrival, and indeed we were. The trailer stood at the same place I at last visited it "It's funny really, I thought Twilight made her forever good after there last magical duel. But after what she done to you, she probably still had some evil in her."

"Hehe, yeah. I guess so.." I nervously replied.

Don't you even feel just a little guilt?

Well yeah, of course. But this white lie can't go that far.....right?

If you say so...

"Well, What are you waiting for? Go get your Banana." Pinkie hurried.

"My wahh?" Confused by what the pink pony was talking about.

Your lie, remember?

"Oh yeah! Sure thing, just wait out here for a moment." I told Pinkie as I walked towards the trailer door.

It's very sad that you can't even keep up with your own lines.

....Shut Up.

I began to knock on the door, crossing my fingers for a miracle to get me out of this Pinkie Pie situation.
The doorknob started to turn, I had to think fast...

Upon opening the door before Trixie could see the outside, I held it cracked opened so I could speak the following.

"Pinkie Pie followed me here and she's expecting me to leave soon, I need you to make her go away somehow without hurting her feelings. Capish?" I speedily whispered towards Trixie who then had wide disturbed eyes.

"I'll see what I can do.." She replied, understanding the situation. "Follow my lead." She continued.

And with a burst of magic I flew back from the door hitting the ground, and before I could make any subtle movements Trixie pounced upon me with anger in her eyes.
I really hope this was part of the plan...

"I thought I told you to never come back here again!" Trixie screamed at me face to face with a slight wink to indicate that is was my turn for a rebuttal.

"Um, Well you thought I was done with you?!...You thought you could just take my Banana and get away with it!"

"Wait....Your what?!..." replied in confusion.

I then signaled the 'go along with it' hand motion so she wouldn't break character, and she tried to catch on.

"Well, your Banana was left on my property......So that makes it mine!" She argued with a stomp of a hoof.

"Yo Pink, you should probably leave.....This might get ugly." I said in serious tone towards the mare to seal the deal.

And without hesitation, Pinkie Pie with a wide gasp sprinted away towards town. "Good luck Stanley, I hope you'll be alright!" Pinkie yelled while drifting off.

I'm surprised that actually worked.

Watching the alarmed Pink pony runaway made me feel so relieved. Good thing Trixie played along, or I would've been a go-

*WHAM!*

A wild SMACK of magic across the face made me unable to think for a split second as Trixie look upon me in shame.

"Yaow! What did I do?" I said in a protesting tone. But Trixie didn't respond, she just continued to glare at me.

"What?" I asked again.

"Are you seriously not aware of what you have done?"

"Uh....." I awkwardly muttered scratching my neck.

"You certainly know how to lie up a storm, I'm gonna remember this while we get started."

"What are we doing exactly" I asked

"We? Haha, YOU are going to prove your worthiness to me." Trixie replied with a snide tone.

"My worthiness? Well sorry 'Your Majesty' but what exactly do I have to be worthy of?"

"Working with me. I need to know if you won't be going around lying up a storm again."

It was then suddenly I realized that she knew about the lie I've been spreading across Ponyville. And her I am, lying all over the place thinking that she won't be the wiser. She's more clever than I thought.

"Y-You Uh, kne-"

"I Knew." She interrupted with stern look on her face.

"Well I can explain if ya want..."

"No time, I'd rather get started on your first lesson."

"Any that would beeeee-?"

"Spell Monkey 101."

I got to admit, the name of this lesson did sound a little odd upon. So I just assumed that she had a pet monkey around carrying a wand or something. Little did I know, that wasn't the case...

"Okay, sounds fun." I replied upon the lesson. "But, what do I do?"

"Oh, that's easy, you're the monkey!" Trixie answered in evil amusement, and with a quick thrust of horn magic Stan's body started to vibrate revealing a long monkey tail coming from his rear end.

"WHAT?" I shrieked in confusion at the sudden transaction.

Ooohhhh, should've saw that coming!

"What kind of Witchcraft Bullshit did you do to me" I Barked at Trixie, But I was soon silence by a zipper appearing on my face by her magic.

"Language Stanley, If your going to work for me, I have to lay down a couple of ground rules with you." Trixie said in a snide tone, removing the zipper.

"Like what?" I snuffed in curiosity as the tail swiped across my face. "Ouch!"

"Well firstly, You will now address as your Superior."

"Not gonna happen." *swipe* "Ouch!!"

"That wasn't a choice, Stanley."

"Whatever, what's the next thing 'Superior'." I said in a sarcastic tone.

"You will now be labeled under the name 'Spell Monkey', and you will gladly accept this name if you want profit." Trixie debated.

"What am I slave to you?" *swipe* "OUCH!!!"

"Why yes actually, you are. After the little lies you've been spreading across Ponyville, I feel this is the appropriate way you can 'owe' me back. Don't ya think?"

Admitting to defeat, I accepted the following rules given.

"Anything else?" I asked.

"I'll be sure to keep an open mind whenever you slip up." She winked.

As evil as she is, I actually kinda deserve this. And it can't be all that bad, at least getting paid is the only benefit that can come from this.


"Oh My GOODNESS! JUST PUT ME DOWN ALREADY, PLEEEEEEASE." I screamed in terror as Trixie floated me above 20 feet with her magic.

"Stay still Spell Monkey, do I have to explain the trick to you again!"

"I doubt that I can listen this time, with all the blood rushing to my head and all!"

"Ugh!" Trixie sighed "All you all you have to do is stay still while I practice my flying spell."

"Oh yeah, that's a great idea considering the fact that I'm FLOATING 1000 FEET IN THE AIR."

"I'm almost done, just calm down. Sheesh."

You may think i'm overreacting to this whole thing, and I would have to agree with you. But YOU try floating in the air with any safety precautions what so ever and see how you do.

"Alright Spell Monkey, take 5." Trixie concluded while floating me down to the surface. "You really are a cry baby by the way."

"Oh my goodness, yes!" I eagerly said as I landed. "Ground, sweet ground!" planting kisses to the surface.

"Hehe, was it that bad?" Trixie snickered.

"Hey, how about you go through what I just went through, then we can talk."

"For your information, have done this before. Even upon myself at times." Trixie intervened "So calm yourself, Spell Monkey"

"Sorry, Superior.... That name is gonna take me some getting used to."

"Hey, If you wanna get paid I suggest that you do."

Spoken like a true boss.

"So do you have any upcoming magic shows anytime soon." I asked, unaware of her probably busy schedule.

A sudden struck of silence was upon her, as if I asked a question about a loved ones death or something equally saddening.

"Um, Yesterday was actually my last gig in a couple of months." Trixie muttered in a soft tone.

Wow she must've really suck.

"Oh wow, I really messed this one up didn't I?" I apologized.

Trixie then turned her head quickly with the nastiest look upon hearing what I said.

"What?" I questioned in response as my tail smacked me in the face yet again. "Dammit."

"You don't understand, do you?" Trixie replied in a stern voice. "Not only did you mess everything up. But that will probably be my last show ever!"

Aw man, we really did mess up this time.

"I thought this would be my chance to finally show everyone how hard I've worked with my magic. But you... you ruined my big chance to prove that." Trixie concluded as rubbed her eyes.

Realizing how much I ruined things for her, I couldn't help but feel worst that I already did for lying. There has to be something I can do, but I seriously don't know what.

"Um, is there anything else you want me to do, Superior?" I offered my services, hoping this would be a good start towards forgiveness.

Trixie begins to smile upon my effort. "Well if you're willing to get the air again without crying, I can test my flying out some more." she accepted.

"Yeah sure, lets give it another go." I replied with a gulp.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a long period of aerial spins and constant vomit while your tail constantly slaps you in the face. The sun begun to fade and my shift was coming to a close.

"Holy crap!" I announced, looking towards the sky. "Night time already?"

"Looks like it." Trixie responded, noticing the change of day as well.

Overall, this day didn't turn out as bad as I thought it would. Trixie's actually an okay person once you get to know her.

"Same time, tomorrow?" I questioned Trixie, unaware of 'work' hours

"You know it, Spell Monkey." Trixie devilishly grinned.

"Yeah, about that. COULD YOU GET RID OF THIS TAIL, it's becoming quite annoying." I demanded as it swiped across my face once more.

"Oops, forgot all about that." Trixie snickered as she flicked her horn to make to tail disappear.

"Great. Now, never give me one of those again!"

"No Promises."

I really hope she isn't serious.

"Whelp, I'll be on my way." I announced as I begun to walk home. Preparing my lies for every question Nuts asks me.

"Wait!" I came to a abrupt stop upon hearing Trixie's voice call for me.

Ugh. What does she want now.

"What?" I asked in concern. Trixie then trotted towards me with questionable eyes. I honestly didn't know what to expect.

"You forgot this." Trixie said floating some items with her magic, which appeared to be a few coins, and.......A Banana.

"What's this?" I questioned the light-blue mare.

"It's your payment for today."

"What! Seriously!"

"Yep, go ahead. You did work pretty hard today anyway."

"Wow, payment on the first day and- um....What's with the Banana?"

Trixie began to walk off before answering my question, but nonetheless. It is a free banana!

You seriously don't remember do you?

Oh yeah, the lie we told Pinkie Pie to get here.

Bingo. Three points for you pal.

Wow she had an actual banana in the first place, that's awesome.

I then took a bite of my rewarded banana and went on my merry way.


So how much monies do we got?

Probably enough to buy one of those new Hot Tub Motorcycles.

Seriously?

I don't know, I really not even sure how currency works around here. But Trixie was a cool enough perso-.... Pony to give it to me. So I think I can make it last.

You known its sad.All these little friends you're making here is going to deepen your pain, once you leave this place.

Giving it some deep thought about why i'm taking to myself, My brain had a point. If I get to attached, these horses could really get to me.

Finishing my banana after a long walk. I appeared at my doorstep, opening the door, and awaiting the series of questions Nuts my ask about me being gone for so long..... But no one was home.

Absolutely empty it was in the house. Not a peep in sight.

"Hm, He probably had a late shift today." I thought to myself as-...

"HEY!" BOOM, Nuts comes barging through the front door on his entrance.

"Dude what's your frickin' problem with doors?!" I screamed at the hostile stallion.

"Hey." Nuts carelessly shrugged, placing some cards on the kitchen table as he walked in.

"Long day at work, huh?" I asked him, trying to start some small talk.

"Mhmm" Nuts replied in agreement.

"Yep, I can relate to that."

Nuts then glared at me with one of the most serious faces I have ever seen.

He doesn't know you work yet dummy.

"I mean because work sucks...ya know?" I rushed, as I tried to cover up what I said.

Nuts' glare then began to sink in even more.

Dude, seal the deal. SEAL THE DEAL.

I then panicked and reached for one of the coins I received for currency today.

"Uh, Here buy ya sumthin' nice." I said with cockiness as I threw the coin.

"Hey...." Nuts replied in a suspecting tone. He then bites the coin making sure it was the real thing. Nodding his head in approval he puts the money in his......i'm assuming 'pockets' and went on to wink at me.

Close call, man.

Indeed.

Nuts headed towards the couch to slouch the rest of the night away (Which was originally my idea). But upon smelling myself, it comes to my attention that I 'may' need a shower.

I mean, you did skip it this morning.

Before heading up the stairs to take a well needed shower, I took another at the cards Nuts placed on the table. It be bills, or even a note from Celestia or-...

NUTS' ICE CREAM ANNUAL EXTRAVAGANZA OPENED ALL DAY TOMORROW!

It happened to be a celebration notice for Nuts' Ice cream stand tomorrow, and as I look more into the card it was more than just some crummy anniversary that no ones gonna care about. But it seems like Nuts really has this planned out. Plus he has Pinkie Pie hosting, it's pretty much guaranteed to be epic.

I wonder.....

"Hey Nuts!" I announced from across he room.

"Hey." he plainly responses.

"What's this all about?"

"Hey."

"Pinkie Pie doing a pretty good job?"

"Hey."

"You wonder if I can ask a favor then?"

".....Hmmm?"

"Could you please book Trixie for this thing?"

"Huh?"

"You won't regret it promise."

"Uhhhh."

"Please dude, I'll owe you back. I swear!"

Giving it some heavy thought, Nuts finally nodded his head in approval to the request. No doubt he's gonna want a favor in return if we messed this up. But at least she's booked, she's gonna love this. One more step to forgiveness

"Thanks, man. You're not that much of a douchebag after all." I thanked the stallion, walking towards him for embrace.

"HEY HEY HEY HEEEEEY!" Nuts protested, holding his nose as I approach him.

Oh yeah, Shower... "Hehe, sorry."