• Published 30th Dec 2012
  • 3,625 Views, 131 Comments

A Turret's Serenade - Silent Flash



During Wheatley's time in charge of Aperture Laboritories, he manages to dispose of a Turret who was bothering him. What he didn't know is that he sent the turret into another dimension.

  • ...
6
 131
 3,625

The Caves

"Maybe we should just let him fly back to Canterlot himself." Feathered Spear suggested.

Stone Wall and Silver Wind chuckled at the mare, knowing how Feathered and Iron never got along together. Shining Armour shook his head. "Feathered. We cannot leave part of our Guard behind without a good reason."

The guards stopped and looked at Shining Armour.

"If we did, we might lose our positions."

Feathered sighed. "Well it was worth a try"

"Whats that?" A voice interrupted the conversation as a chariot pulled up with two pegasus Guards pulling it.

"That is our Chariot." Shining Armour explained to Song, who was shocked by the Chariot.

Shining Armour went up to the Guards and nodded. "Everypony on." He ordered.

Stone Wall went first, Song following him and Feathered at the end. It was a normal procedure under taking the accused somewhere; a guard on each side encase something happened. Since the back seat was taken up, Silver helped Iron get the other pony into the second row of seats. The pony was still unconscious, but the guards took their formation anyways. Shining Armour took the first row of seats, so he could order the two 'Flyers' where to go.

By the time everyone was ready to leave, a small group gathered around it, curious about why the Guards were in Ponyville and why they were taking two ponies with them.

One pony squeezed through the crowd. Her small beady green eyes took in the full picture. She realized one of the ponies. Ohmygosh they're taking her! the filly thought. I have to tell my sister. The white filly ran out of the crowd and started to look for Rarity.


As the chariot took flight, Song admired the Clouds. Flying seems so.. Abnormal. The pony thought to herself. One of the guards sitting next to her, saw her admiration. "Whats the matter?" Feathered asked.

"I've never flown before." She said.

"Really?" Feathered pondered. We definitely got the wrong pony if she never flown before. Every changeling has wings

Song nodded. "The only time I came close to flying was when GLaDOS put us on the Aerial Faith Plates for her amusement." She added.

GLaDOS? Aerial Faith Plates? Where did this pony come from? Feathered thought.

"Then again, I was just a machine less than a week ago" Song thought out loud, putting a hoof forward and slowly moving it across the back of the next row of seats dreamily. "It seems like anything can happen now." A single tear dropped down Song's face. "It's like being happy and sad at the same time." She told the Guards.

"Huh?" Stone Wall questioned the pony's logic.

"Even though this place is beautiful and full of surprises, I miss Aperture." Song admitted. "It's a weird feeling."


"She woke up Captain!" Silver Wind reported to Shining Armour.

A confused, weak Wicked Beats was freaking out and trying to peer over the edge to see where she was.

Silver Wind held her down. "Not so fast."

"Great timing too." Shining said. "We are almost landing."

The chariot started to descend in one of the fenced off areas of Canterlot, getting closer to the ground.

Shining turned around before the chariot stopped. "You may take them to the dungeons for now. Their trial will be set for tomorrow.


Sweetie Belle ran through the streets of Ponyville, looking for her sister. She had to find Rarity before anything bad happened to Song.

"That's right!" Sweetie Belle exclaimed outloud, her voice squeaking. "She's at that Spa place with Fluttershy!" Sweetie Belle exclaimed, rushing to turn around and head back to the Spa.


"Come on now, Miss." Silver said to one of their accused ponies. "It won't be that bad, I promise."

Wicked Beats didn't budge, thoughts about how Octivia might take it danced in her head.

"Iron I think you will have to carry her again." Feathered Spear snickered, standing next to Song.

Iron Wings rolled his eyes. "Why don't you?" he asked. "Oh yeah, you are a mare. Maybe you are too weak to." he muttered under his breath.

"Hey don't say that to her!" Stone Wall warned Iron.

"What are you going to do Stone? Protecting your crush, how cute." Iron taunted.

Stone's face turned a shade of red before he pointed at Wicked. "We cannot spare the risk of leaving the accused out here." He shrugged. "Or is it the fact that a changeling kicked your flank at the wedding."

Iron rolled his eyes again. "You win this time Stone." He admitted. "Wait until karma hits you right where it hurts." he whispered. Iron turned around to get Wicked Beats. He grabbed her hoof and pulled her out of the chariot with mere force.

"Drama, guys. Drama." Silver Wind remarked.

"Yeah we should really get back in line. The sooner we throw em in the slammer the better." Iron stated, finally getting Wicked Beats on her hooves and getting her to move.

Slammer? What's that? Song thought to herself as she followed Feathered Spear and Stone Wall. The three waited for Iron, Silver and Wicked to catch up.


A unicorn filly burst through the doors of the Spa and rushed to the reception desk. One of the Spa ponies appeared, "Welcome to-" the pony began as usual, before stopping to look around. She saw no pony in sight and rolled her eyes. Those silly ponies playing pranks on our Spa. Fourth time this week.

"Lotus have you seen Rarity?" A voice squeaked out.

Lotus leaned over the counter, and saw the little filly. "I'm afraid she left a few minutes ago because it was getting late, dear."

"Okay thanks Lotus!" Sweetie Belle said before running back out, looking for Rarity.


The group of six ponies entered the long walk down to the Caves. Feathered was in the lead, holding a small lantern provided by a guard at the top. She didn't seem to get distracted by any of the dust or spider webs that were made in the dungeons, but she moved fast regardless. It took a few minutes for them to reach the bottom.

Some old cells awaited them, the paint slowly peeling off and rusting in some parts of the bars. Stone opened up one cell and ordered the two accused ponies to enter it.

"I still think one of us should stay down here to keep an eye out for the prisoners." Iron said.

"I will." Feathered said. "You can report to your evening posts."

"Are you sure you will be fine?" Stone asked her.

Feathered nodded. "As long as I have the torch with me, and I can see I will be fine."

"Sure she can." Iron taunted.

Silver rolled his eyes before suggesting that they should really get to their posts, as he didn't want to hear another argument.

Three of the guards left, Stone anxiously looked back at Feathered before disappearing.

Feathered waited for the satisfying click of the door,signaling that it was shut and the Guardsponies were a fair distance away before starting to talk to the 'prisoners.'

"I have a lot of explaining to do." Feathered said to the ponies.

Song cocked her head.

"I'm sorry about having to stay in the dungeons overnight." Feathered apologized. "But I didn't want to disagree with the other guards and get in another argument or disrespect Shining's thoughts." She then raised a hoof at Song. "I'm sorry, miss but what is your name again?"

"Song Serenade." Song answered the guard.

Feathered nodded. "And yours?" She asked Wicked.

Wicked looked at one of the walls. "Wicked Beats." She said reluctantly.

"First thing I want you to know, is that I wish to help you out, not danger you or accuse you even more." Feathered put a hoof to her chest. "Guard's Honor." She then sighed. "I have been in the guard for just a few years, but I can tell when someone is lying to me." She looked up at both ponies. "So what is your real names?"

Wicked Beats turned to Feathered. "Vinyl Scratch." She admitted before hiding her eyes under her mane.

"Vinyl Scratch, that sounds familiar!" Feathered exclaimed. "Hey aren't you that pony from the Royal Wedding?" She asked.

Vinyl nodded.

"Weren't you a unicorn then?" Feathered asked, remembering the details.

Vinyl nodded again.

"So why are you a pegasi now?" Feathered asked, getting closer to the bars.

"Long story." Vinyl said.

"Short version?"

"Poison Joke." Vinyl admitted.

"Why didn't you get the antidote?" Feathered questioned.

"I didn't want my...friend to find out." Vinyl said, turning around and occupying a corner.

Feathered gave a confused look at Song, who looked even more confused.

"She would probably have kicked me out of our house if she found out." Vinyl said, tears starting to drop as she thought about the situation she got herself in.

"Maybe its best if we left her alone." Feathered told Song in a quieter tone of voice as the two moved over to the other side of the cell.

"Now, 'Song' what is your real name?" Feathered asked the white earth pony.

Song looked around, and sighed. It was hard to explain the facts.

"I don't have one." She told the mare.

"Why wouldn't you have a name?" Feathered asked.

"They never gave me one." Song admitted.

"Your parents?" Feathered asked, getting curious.

"Aperture, GLaDOS, the factory. They built us turrets to work for them, not to actually live life to its fullest. To be honest they didn't even treat us as sentient beings." She said, staring right at Feathered. "The only thing that we had was our serial number, and we probably shared that with another piece of equipment." Song complained.

Feathered just slowly nodded. "So you don't have a real name?"

"Well my Serial number was 512342 but that's too long to say all the time. Other than that I have no name." the white mare honestly told the guard.

"Well my dear 512342, by the time I'm done with you, you won't need to use those numbers again." Feathered promised.

"Meet me after your trial tomorrow." Feathered told the mare. "I never let my promises fall." she said, poking a hoof through the bars, letting the other mare to shake on the deal.

"You are definitely not a Changeling, I just feel it. I will be on your side, Miss" Feathered told the pony. "It's getting late though, and I have to return to my resting station for the night. Farewell Vinyl and Song" She said, before leaving the dungeons.


Rarity opened the door. "Sweetie Belle, why are you out so late?" She asked her sister.

"I was looking for you!" She told Rarity.

"Why, Darling? You know it was my Spa day and that I was spending it with my friends. Couldn't you find Applebloom or Scootaloo to play with?" Rarity questioned.

"It's not that." Sweetie Belle paused for a dramatic effect. "The guards took Song..."

"I know darling, I saw them at the Spa." Rarity finished.

"No, sis you aren't listening." Sweetie complained. "They took her and another pony in a Chariot!"

Rarity rolled her eyes. "Such an imagination you have Sweetie. Stop playing games."

Sweetie Belle moved forward. "But I saw it with my own eyes. "Shining Armour was there too!"

"Are you sure?" Rarity asked.

Sweetie nodded.

"Well if you are that concerned over it, I could always gather the girls for a meeting." Rarity concluded.

"I'll get Applebloom and Applejack!" Sweetie exlaimed.

"We don't need to pull dear Applebloom into this darling."

Sweetie Belle frowned.

"But you can still get Applejack for me."

Sweetie Belle's frown turned upside down.


The earthpony of the duo turned around and slowly approached Vinyl. "Um.. Vinyl? Are you okay?" She asked her friend.

Vinyl turned around and hugged Song. "I don't.. want 'Tavi to find out."

Song fell over, as she wasn't prepared for the hug Vinyl gave her. "It's okay Vinyl, I'm sure she won't hate you after this happens. Besides I'm pretty sure you have other friends..."

Vinyl sighed. "'Tavi was one of the only people who liked me..." she admitted. "Most Ponyville citizens hate me because of how I blast my music in the mornings. It's rare for ponies to become friends with me." She admitted. "That's why I wanted to hang out with you."

Song let out another sigh. "Vinyl, to be honest, you are one of my first friends, and to me it doesn't matter if you are a unicorn, or pegasi. I never had a friend before, back at Aperture. The bots weren't programmed to have feelings."

"Bots? Like the things that can do stuff for you... Robots I think they are called." Vinyl came up with.

Song nodded.

"Life must have been terrible for you then." Vinyl said hugging Song more.

"If you could even call it a life." Song added.

Song removed herself from Vinyl and lied down, staring at the small spot of moonlight that shone through a small crack. Vinyl lied down too, and quickly fell asleep.

Song on the other hand stayed awake.


"This better be quick" Rainbow Dash said, not amused that somepony woke her from her sleep.

Applejack and Sweetie Belle were the last to enter the building. "I got her sis!" Sweetie Belle squealed in delight.

Rarity nodded, and looked up at the other Elements of Harmony.

"Isn't it Twilight who is usually calling meetings at this time of night?" Rainbow asked, looking over at Twilight Sparkle who happened to be facehooving.

"Quiet down Rainbow, let her speak." Applejack told her friend.

"Whatever." Rainbow said, leaning on one of Rarity's shelves.

Rarity stepped into the circle of the ponies. "I've overheard that Song was taken in a chariot today." She told her friends.

"Um, so that's why she didn't return." Fluttershy whispered.

"I wish to see if this is real, and if it is what we should do." Rarity told the others.

Twilight Sparkle stepped forward. "Well I did see Shining Armour earlier, he said something about changelings."

Fluttershy spoke up. "And there was that one guard who came and took Song when we were in the Spa."

"It must be true then. Now can I go home?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Rainbow." Applejack muttered.

"Fine."

"I think we should go find out whats happening to Song, she is our friend after all." Rarity pointed out.

"But... We shouldn't interfere with the Royal Guards, they do have authority." Fluttershy added.

"Twilight is Princess Celestia's star pupil. There is no way that she would doubt us." Rarity added in. "Plus Song is our friend. We have the right to know."

"Okay, we will go. Can I sleep yet?" Rainbow Dash was getting impatient.

"Tommorow we will meet at the station and take the first train to Canterlot we can get." Rarity told them, letting them hear their plan. "Twilight can ask Shining Armour what happened to Song and we will go on from there."

All of the ponies agreed on the plans and started to leave from the brief meeting. Rainbow Dash lived up to her name and left first, zooming back to her Cloud house to continue sleeping.

After all the ponies left, Sweetie Belle approached Rarity. "Can I come too sis?"

"No, Sweetie, this is a big pony's job." Rarity answered, thinking of all the problems that her sisters could get into in Canterlot.

"Aww." Sweetie Belle said, dissapointed. She started to head upstairs to her room.

She smiled.

She would find a way to go, even if her sister denied it; but first she would have to go and alert the other Cutie Mark Crusaders.

Author's Note:

Update!

I'll try and get the next chapter up in the next few days or so.