• Published 30th Dec 2012
  • 3,625 Views, 131 Comments

A Turret's Serenade - Silent Flash



During Wheatley's time in charge of Aperture Laboritories, he manages to dispose of a Turret who was bothering him. What he didn't know is that he sent the turret into another dimension.

  • ...
6
 131
 3,625

The surprise

Twilight walked out of the kitchen, now fully awake. She headed towards the white earth pony. "Hello Song Serenade, Is there anything I could help you with?" She questioned.

Song Serenade nodded, "It's about that big, yellow orb in the sky." She said, motioning towards the Sun through a window.

Twilight sat down next to Song, who had seemed to calm down from the meeting the previous day. "It's not that complicated, really. Princess Celestia uses her magic to reach out and rise it or lower it. Princess Luna does the same, but with the Moon. I can't explain why, but this is how it was for many centuries." The words flowed out of her mouth as if they were perfectly rehearsed over and over again.

Song's brain hurt. Why do things in this place have to be so...Complicated? I can understand the wonders of electricity, wires, currents and circuitry but I just don't get this. she thought to herself.

Seeing that the information she had just mentioned, Twilight Sparkle decided to step it up a notch and pull out a few books to prove her point and get more information. Many books floated down in her purple aura.

Song pointed at the magical aura, as it was her first time seeing it up close. "What is that?" She shrieked, backing off into the wall.

"It's my magical aura." Twilight explained. "I can't really explain how it works, but it is natural for unicorns." She added in, smiling.

"And GLaDOS always said that science is the true magic." Song muttered under her breath.

"Speak up?" Twilight requested.

Song Serenade shook it off as "Nothing."

GLaDOS was right, outside is a weird and frightening place. I would prefer Aperture Science than this anyday. Song thought.

Twilight Sparkle frowned. "You don't come from Equestria, do you?" She asked her new friend; if you could call Song a friend. "Everyone in Equestria, even young fillies would know who the Princesses are."

Song Serenade shook her head.


Vinyl Scratch had almost no time to think, as a certain pink pony hopped by the alley. The pony hopped backwards, as if time were forced backwards. "Hi Vinyl, this is a weird area to be at this time in the morning! Actually it isn't the weirdest. The weirdest has to be in Froggy Bottom Bog, looking for a certain green pet. Reminds me that I have to find Gummy."

Vinyl rolled her eyes at Pinkie Pie, she should have respected her friend more. Especially since Pinkie was one of her only friends; but it got old after a while. She got up, and was about to walk away when Pinkie started to walk with her.

"Have you ever wondered what it would be like to fly? Well I've flied before and it was totally cool and... Oh, you wouldn't need to imagine how it would be to fly. You have wings. Silly Pinkie, why would you ask her such a silly question?" Pinkie Pie said as she started to bounce higher.

Vinyl was about to roll her eyes again, when she realized what Pinkie Pie said. "Pinkie, I don't know how much candy you ate today, but I don't have wings." She blatantly told her friend.

"Vinyl, you are so funny." Pinkie paused, pointing at her friend. "If you don't have the strength of an earth pony or a horn of a unicorn then what are you?"

"A pegasus" Vinyl admitted.

"Good!" Pinkie said, turning and grabbing a white wing in her hoof and pulling it closer to Vinyl's eyes to prove her conclusion.

Vinyl screamed in pain, as her wing was pulled. "But how?!?" She asked Pinkie.

Pinkie shrugged and continued to bounce forward. "Did you have blueberries for breakfast? You have a stain on your hoof!"

Vinyl suddenly knew what had happened.


"So if you don't come from Equestria, where do you come from?" Twilight questioned, once again levitating her small notebook.

"Aperture Science, Michigan, America." Song recited, as she was quite fond of Aperture's history.

"Do you mean Amareica?" Twilight asked, frowning at Song shaking her head at the question.

"Well, Song. I hate to say this, but I must open the library right now, you can come back later to continue our chat, when the library is closed." Twilight rushed off to put her books back and put up the open sign. She muttered something about being tardy as she did so. Song payed little attention to it.

"Bye Twilight" Song called out as she left the library to see the wonders of Ponyville.

As song excited the library, she decided to see the Ponyville market for herself. She didn't want to spend all of the money that Fluttershy gave her, but wanted to see what technology the town had. The deeper she got into the town, the more stalls were open. The first ones she saw were food stalls. Song scrunched up her nose at the food stalls, as she didn't feel the need to eat. As she passed the food stalls, she saw a semi-familiar face.

"Hello Sugarcube." The pony greeted, motioning Song towards her stall.

Song followed the pony's motions. "Hello..."

"Ahm Applejack" She filled in Song's missing words. "Are you in town for some supplies? 'Ahve seen Fluttershy around earlier, and she told me you were in town too."

Song shook her head " I'm just looking at the town from a more awake perspective."

Applejack nodded and passed an apple to her new-found friend. "Here, y'all can take it free of charge. Ah trust you, Sugarcube."

Song took the apple reluctantly, staring down at the ground as she did so.

"Don't worry, we have extra on the farm if we need it. Y'alls have a good time now." Applejack reassured her.

Song started out with the apple being held firmly in her mouth. She noted that there was no other way in carrying it and decided to invest in a bag of some sorts. She continued through the marketplace, taking note of a grand looking shop. She shook her head, knowing such store would be too expensive for her limited budget. Song settled for a plain white saddlebag that was on sale at a small stall selling various items.

Song continued to browse through the marketplace. She saw many books, small objects and Food stalls. She did not see any advanced technology. It looks like there is nothing here to rival even the earliest of Aperture's products.. She thought, before passing a weird shop that sold shower curtains. Never mind. she told herself.

As Song started to get to get closer to the outskirts of town, she decided to slow down. There was nothing more to see and no more crowds to go around. It was probably around lunch now, but Song had no way to tell if she was right. As she passed some alleys, one of the ponies she had met the day before popped out and seemed to teleport next to her.

"Heya Songie" Pinkie Pie chimed in. "It felt like foreeeever since I lost saw you."

The former unicorn ran out of the ally, rushing to catch up to Pinkie Pie. Her new wings fluttered at her side, happy to finally meet the newcomer. "Hey, you." She pointed at Song Serenade. "Wanna chill with me?" She asked. "I mean you like music too, right?"

Song took a few seconds to recover. "Um, sure?" She responded.

"Awesome!" Vinyl said, pumping her hoof in the air. Vinyl thought she may have gained another friend. "Lets go to the park first." Vinyl thought. She wished she could take Song Serenade back to her house for a few 'Wubs' but it would be to risky for a winged, Vinyl to appear at her normal home like nothing happened.

Pinkie stepped forward. "Sorry Vinyl but I have to return to Sugarcube Corner. Should I tell Octavia about where you are and your new ap-" Vinyl shot forward and put a hoof over Pinkie's mouth.

"Do not tell her anything" Vinyl whispered to Pinkie Pie. "Just call me Wicked Beats from now until I get my horn back."

Pinkie Pie nodded then started to head back. "Okey Dokey Loki Vi- Wicked." Pinkie called out as she headed back into the main parts of the town.

Vinyl sighed and rearranged her mane to look less wild than normal. It killed a part of her, but she knew that Vinyl Scratch shouldn't be seen as a pegasus. Too many questions would be asked. Song was silent during the transition, and just started to walk towards the park when Wicked Beats took the lead. If she could fly, she would have flown, but Wicked didn't know how to.

"So, do you like music?" Song asked Wicked, slowing down while awaiting Wicked's answer.

"Dude, you got to be joshin me. Music is my life. Do you see my cutie mark. There's only one way to get one. Wubs."

"Wubs?" Song asked.

"Heavy dubstep." Wicked answered, pretending to headbang. "So whats your talent mean?"

"Singer,although not a very professional one, but I can sing." Song Serenade admitted. The walk to the park was quicker than expected and the two ponies entered it. It was a rather large park with a few benches and a fountain. One of the benches were already occupied by a couple of mares. One was a mint green unicorn, the other was a sandy-coloured earth pony who was reading a newspaper.


"Hey Bon Bon, is that Vinyl Scratch over there?" The unicorn asked her friend.

Bonbon looked up from her newspaper. "Lyra Heartstrings, are you insane. There is no way Vinyl Scratch is a pegasus. Especially a pegasus with that type of mane style. Vinyl would never change it, and you know so."

Lyra Heartstrings rolled her eyes, sure that she was right this time.