• Published 28th Dec 2012
  • 934 Views, 64 Comments

Righteousness and Malevolence - Luke Man 7394



After being taken from your home land, you wonder where you are and who brought you here and for what purpose.

  • ...
6
 64
 934

Revelation

Revelation

"GET UP!" your father yells. "WE ARE ALL THAT IS LEFT BETWEEN THEM AND OUR CITY. THE SAFETY OF NEW HAVEN LIES WITH US!" your father yells as he picks you up from the ground as you try to regain focus on what is happening, Sounds of explosions from the massive steam tanks, the high pitched noise of the wind being cut by arrows speeding towards their targets, the clanging of metal as infantry put their skills to test in melee combat.

"Battle....protect.....New Haven....." is all you say before your train of thought is interrupted by a loud roar. You look to your left and an enemy soldier wearing a large dark suit of armor begins charging at you ready to strike you down! Almost instinctively you raise your shield prepared to block the attack. You hear a loud CLANG and see the your shield took the blow. You regain your footing and bash the foe with the face of your shield getting him off balance; seeing an opportunity you firmly grip the hilt of your sword and thrust the blade into the exposed body of your enemy. You hear the ripping of his flesh as he breathes his last breath.

You look to you're right. You see your father battling a dark hooded figure. The brawl between these two is the most impressive display of physical prowess you've ever seen in your life. Their blades clashing second after second, sparks fly with each strike and each fighter not giving the other even a hint of opportunity for an advantage. You want to help your father but with the skill that his opponent undoubtedly posses you realize that you would only get in the way. Then, whether it was a stroke of luck or skill, your father parries a blow from the dark figure which causes it to rotate its body to its right; however his body keeps rotating. The man's body rotates completely around and using the momentum gained, he bashes your father with his shield. The force of the blow is so strong it knocks your father off balance and even pushes you back a little. The hooded man then takes his blade and slices it right through your fathers throat.

"NO!" you scream. The the man then focuses his attention on you and quickly charges some kind of energy in his hand and blasts you with it. You body is thrown several feet back and you feel as if every bone in your body broke simultaneously.

"FATHER!" you yell as you sit up, but instead of seeing your fathers killer or any other human for that matter, you see little Twilight Sparkle sitting in front of your bed cowering with fear. The room fills with silence as neither you nor Twilight say a word to each other. Twilight begins to slowly move her hooves from her face and begins staring at you.

"I wanted to see if you were okay." Twilight began. "I heard some strange mumbling from your room so I came to investigate. When I reached the end oh your bed I saw you tossing and turning wildly. I tried to wake you but as soon as I began to approach you, you sat up and yelled. I....I got scared. I didn't know what you were going to do."

"Twilight...I'm...I'm sorry. I just....it was a bad dream. It was more like a flashback. It was about the events before my arrival in your world...." you inform Twilight. "....I don't really feel like discussing it at the moment."

"Oh....alright then." Twilight says sadly, realizing that's a touchy subject to chat about.

"When are we going to see your Princess?" you ask the purple unicorn curiously.

"Soon. I was about to have Spike make a lett-" Twilight is abruptly interrupted.

"Twilight!" Spike tuns in so fast and falls to the floor with a thud. "Twilight! I got a message from Princess Celestia!" he tells Twilight holding a piece of parchment in his claw.

"What does it say Spike?" Twilight asks

Spike clears his throat and begins to read the letter.

To: My faithful student Twilight Sparkle

I have sent this letter in the utmost of urgency. My sister and I have felt a great and terrible power residing in our land. I request that you gather your friends and see us as soon as you can so that we may discuss with you all the best course of action to combat this threat. I fear that if left unchecked, this power could grow out of control. We must act before that happens. We shall await your arrival.

"Well I guess this means we'll be stopping by soon than I thought. This also sounds extremely serious if she requested all of us and is her sister is there too.. I wonder what this power she mentioned is but I guess she will explain everything when we get there." Twilight says.

"Lets head out then, we wouldn't want to keep your Princesses waiting would we?" you ask Twilight

"You're right." stated Twilight "I'll go and get the girls and tell them. You should stay for now and use the shower to get yourself clean. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be wise to meet the Princesses smelling like that."

It is true, throughout the battle at New Haven and the time you spent in this world your body has created a very distinct smell. However agreeing on your bad odor weren't the words that escaped your mouth. "....What's a shower?" Twilight looks at you with a confused and shocked face from what you asked.

"A shower his a device that runs hot and cold water through a pipe and onto the pony using it to help clean and rinse their entire body. You don't have them in your world?" the lavender unicorn asks bewildered.

"Not that I know of. Perhaps our people have gotten to work on something like that. We have complex machines like steam powered battleships and armored vehicles so I wouldn't be surprised if we have something close to that." you explain.

"So then how do you keep your bodies clean?" Twilight inquires

"Well we find the nearest stream of water or lake and clean ourselves using the water it provides." you clarify.

"How terrible! You'll like using the shower, it's much simpler and less time consuming. Follow me I'll show you were it is." she tells you. Being one not shy about learning new things you get up off your bed and begin to follow Twilight. As you walk behind Twilight through her humble abode you catch yourself staring at Twilight's behind once again and immediately avert your stare away from that area trying to look at something other than the unicorn in front of you. Not long after you both exit your room Twilight brings you to another. She opens the door and allow you to enter first and you do so. Upon entering the room the first thing you see is a large, empty, white tub. A thick, purple curtain is hung from a metal poll above the the tub.

Twilight gives you a quick lecture on using the contraption and an explanation on how "soap" is used to clean the body. Twilight lets you have the room to yourself and begins to exit the room. "While you clean up I'm going to go and get all the girls together and I'll teleport us all to the Princess' palace. I won't be too long so you'd better hurry." she warns.

"I'll try. No guarantees and you getting ALL of them? Even that pink one?" you ask.

"Who? Pinkie Pie? She's one of my best friends and, like I said, she contains one of the Elements. So we do need her to come along. Don't worry I'll keep her under control. She can just get a little excited when she meets some one new. I have to get going, I'll be back soon." Twilight says as she exists the room.

You undress and step into the shower and turn both nobs. Soothing water streams out onto your body. You awkwardly stumble around try to clean every part of yourself. "Clearly this wasn't made for something as big as me." you mumble to yourself as you nearly trip and fall out of the tub. After about ten minutes of washing and making sure every part of your body was clean you turn the water off, step out of the shower and dry yourself off. Fortunately your undergarments were still clean after Rarity washed them for you, it was just you who needed to be washed. Now completely dry you head back to you room and put on your normal attire of clothes and armor. Fully dressed you sit on your bed and wait for Twilight to return with her friends, but you begin to reflect on something. "What was I sent to protect this land from? From what the ponies told me it seems they've defeated all major threats. Maybe this is something their Princess could answer?"

With your mind ablaze with questions you suddenly hear the sound of hoof steps approaching your room. The door opens and you see Twilight enter. "I'm back! I take it your shower went well?" she asks

"Yes it did. It felt great! I don't just smell better I feel better as well; as if my entire body has been rejuvenated. I have never felt more relaxed." you answer with enthusiasm. "So are we going to head out now?" you ask

"Yes but before we do put this on." Twilight throws you a large brown cloak you grab it out of the air and look her puzzled. "I thought that it would be wise to not let anypony know of your presence for now so I had Rarity make this for you. Use it to cover yourself until we meet the Princess."

"That would be for the best at the moment." you agree as you wrap the large cloak around your body. It's a very loose fit, Rarity must have miss judged your size and made a bit too big, fortunately it had a hood which you use to cover your face and keep your identity hidden. "Alright, I guess I'm ready." you inform Twilight.

"Okay let's head downstairs and I'll teleport us all to the Princess' castle." You and Twilight leave the room and head down the stairs leading into the main room of the home. You notice the five other ponies all waiting for you and Twilight. When they notice that you have arrived they all give you a smile and greet you.

"Howdy Knight!"

"Hey Knight!"

":...hello"

"Good afternoon darling."

You then take notice to the pink coated mare that you saw the evening before in the room with an enormous smile. She looks like she's about to explode. You look at her not knowing what the best course of action is. You give her an awkward smile and wave your hand. "Hi there." you you say. Then pink maned pony instantly charged to you so hard that you nearly fall over due to loss of balance and wraps her hooves around your waist.

"HI! I'M PINKIE PIE! I SAW YOU YESTERDAY WITH TWILIGHT! ARE YOU NEW HERE? I'VE NEVER SEEN YOU HERE SO YOU MUST BE NEW! IF YOU'RE NEW THEN YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO ONE OF MY PARTIES YET!"

"Pinkie Pie! Let him go! Don't freak him out!" yelled Rainbow Dash

You look over to Rainbow Dash and chuckle. "It's alright Dash. I've had family members who were wild like her." You look back down to Pinkie Pie. "Hello Miss Pinkie Pie, I'm Knight. I'm new to your world. Could I ask for you to let go of me before...I...suffocate?" you ask quickly running out of breath.

"Okay!" Pinkie lets go of you and you take in a deep breath regaining your composure.

"Alright is everypony ready?" asks Twilight. The five other ponies nod their heads. Twilight then looks at you and you give her a smile and nod. "Okay." she says. Twilight's horn begins to glow a light purple hue and a large bubble of the same color surrounds you and the group of ponies. Then suddenly with a flash of light and a loud sound you find yourself in front of a massive, palace-like, structure. The sheer magnitude and beauty is enough to leave your entire body breathless. Massive ivory towers are connected and surround one massive building in the center. "....ight.....Knight......KNIGHT!" Twilight calls for you. You break out of your daze and look at her.

"Sorry Twilight." you apologize. "I just haven't seen anything as magnificent as this before. I thought MY King's palace was big but this."

"It is a sight to behold. Come, lets go, Celestia and Luna are waiting for us." Twilight says
The six ponies start off towards the palace and you follow closely behind. Your eyes dart back and forth from building to building absorbing in the wondrous quality of stonework and masonry. As you continue on into the palace you notice two white coated Pegasus wearing gold armor standing in front of the main entrance. These two guards notice you and draw their weapons.

"Guards it's alright, he's with us; there's no need to worry. Please let us in; the Princesses have requested that we come here." Twilight asks as she presents the note the Princesses sent. The two Pegasus guards look at the note, then to each other, and step to the side allowing passage for the group. "Thank you." Twilight says. As you and your friends enter the massive palace the two guards eye you with increasing suspicion. You decide to pay no attention to them and focus on what is in front of you as you continue through the massive doors leading into the palace.

As you enter the large doors begin to close and you hear a faint voice "What was that?". You pay no mind to it and continue on forward. You and you group soon reach another large door inside the palace, no doubt leading into the main chamber where the Princesses await. Twilight then turns and looks at you.

"Alright, they're beyond this door. Let us go in first and I'll and get you once I let them know you're here alright?" Twilight asks and you nod you're head in agreement. Twilight acknowledges your reply, turns back around and opens the massive door just enough to let her and her friends enter without exposing your presence. After what felt like no time at all Twilight opens the door slightly and peaks her head through the opening and nods at you signaling to enter. You take a deep breath trying to remain calm and relaxed as you slowly walk forward towards the door. Twilight backs away as you extend your right arm pushing the door open.

The room is silent. You see your pony friends watching and smiling at you then you notice two larger ponies near what appear to be thrones. One of the ponies has a deep dark purple coat of fur with a long flowing mane and tail of the same color with a crescent moon as her Cutie Mark. She appears to have a pair of wings AND a horn. "She must be one of the Alicorns Twilight mentioned." you think to yourself. Next to her you see a larger Alicorn with a white coat and flowing mane and tail of several colors; she has a Cutie Mark of of what looks to be a sun. That's when you notice they both are wearing crowns! You slow your pace to a halt and kneel down on one knee and remove the hood covering your identity. "Your Highnesses." you say as you look towards the ground in respect. That's when you hear both Princesses gasp at the sight of you.

"A human? That can't be!"

"I should have known. YOU are the dark taint that we have felt!" You quickly look up at the two Alicorns in confusion and then you look at Twilight and her friends who stare back in shock.

"Celestia...are you sure? He has been everything but unkind to all of us in his time here." Twilight objects.

"I am more than sure Twilight." said the white Alicorn. "He is human, his race is one of evil and wickedness. They endlessly fight and kill each other for power and resources to fill their unquenchable thirst for greed. For countless centuries they fought until one day their anger and hatred towards one another caused a war that led to the extinction of their entire race."
This statement boils your emotions quickly as you stand in defiance.

"I don't believe you! My race may have been divided and we may have fought for selfish reasons but it's impossible for our entire kill each other, there's just too many of us!." you intrude.

"SILENCE!" the dark maned Alicorn roars with a deafening voice that even pushes your body back a few inches.

"If you don't believe me then I'll show you." Princess Celestia says as her horn begins to glow with a light gold hue. Instantly you, your pony friends, and the Princesses are transported into an empty voice with filled with nothingness stretching on endlessly. The. you see a small blue dot quickly approaching you all and rapidly growing in size. The dot grows large enough for you to identify what it is; Earth, your home. You and the ponies are then teleported to the surface of the planet. From there you watch as Celestia begins to set in motion the history of the human race. Starting at our creating as moronic cave dwellers who fought and killed among one another using sharpened sticks and stones as weapons. Then we evolved into more sophisticated creatures who lived in homes and wore clothes, yet still we fought and killed, this time using swords and arrows; this is when you existed. Once again time fast forwarded to a new time. A time of more advanced technologies and massive empires stretching across the entire planet, our numbers populating in the billions and yet we still fought and we still killed. Then Celestia stopped time from speeding forward and teleported us all above the planet. That's when you see strange, massive, tube-like objects begin to propel from nearly every continent on the planet spewing massive flames as they move through the skies. After only minutes of shooting through the air the metal tubes begin to descend back towards the planet with each one arriving at different destinations. Then, in the blink of an eye, at every spot where a tube landed, massive clouds of fire in the shape of mushrooms began erupting from the planet's surface. Every inch of land was covered in fire and the exterior of the planet was destroyed. After the fires that plagued the world died down Celestia took you all back to the surface of the planet that is now a charred and barren wasteland.

"This is what humanity had brought unto itself. Their advancement in technology mixed with their extreme passions brought about the end of their race and planet. It was after this moment when I decided to intervene. After humanity destroyed their world I began to rebuild it from its ashes. Everything you saw in Equestria was built from the destruction of the Earth. Every pony, every animal, every blade of grass had been created so every mistake Man had made could be swept away and replaced." Celestia explained with a stern tone of voice.

Celestia then teleports you and the ponies back to her throne room in Equestria. Stunned by every atrocious act of your race you fall to you knees, speechless, immobile, shocked. You don't dare look on the ponies behind you for you fear what they may think of you know that they've seen what your race has done.

"I will not sit by and let more destruction and death occur to this world." Celestia's horn begins to glow light golden again creating an aura around your body and lifting you into the air. "That is why you must not be allowed to stay."
This snaps you out of your stunned state and you struggle to free yourself from Celestia's magical grasp but unable to move any part of your body. "Luna help me, he's a strong one." Celestia commands of the Alicorn to her side. Luna then steps in and assists her sister in restraining you.

"N-no! I wasn't brought here to simply be tossed away!" you yell. A strange feeling growing inside of you. What ever it is, it's making you stronger. You begin to squirm inside the magic field surrounding you as you regain feeling in your limbs. You assemble every ounce of strength in your body as you move your arms and legs towards your body then extending them out rapidly releasing a massive amount of energy outwards which shatters the aura around your body and causes you to fall down towards the ground.

The six ponies behind you gasp in shock at what you've done. "Impossible!" both Alicorns shout in terror now that you've broken free from their grip.

You land on your hands and knees and you then pick yourself up and glare at the the two Princesses with passion in your eyes. "In my time in this land I have done NOTHING to endanger any pony or creature. I wouldn't even conceive of it after Applejack found me dying in the middle of a forest and brought me to safety. Nor after Twilight tried to communicate with me not showing any malice or hatred towards what I am, something that even mighty rulers such as yourselves were unable to do. Even when Rainbow Dash lashed out at me when she thought I was a danger to her friends I didn't harm her. Rarity who exemplified her enormous generosity by making my wardrobe more appealing. Sweet Fluttershy who, at first was afraid of me, but never once did she show cruelty towards me. Pinkie Pie who I've only known for a short time has convinced me that no creature so full of life and energy deserves to be harmed but to be treasured and loved. I had been brought to an unknown world and had been deemed its Guardian and after befriending some of the nicest creatures I have ever met in my life and I'll be DAMNED if I just stand aside and do nothing!" you bellow towards the two rulers.

Silence fills the room once again as every pony in the room is at a loss for words. Then suddenly you hear the sound of hoofsteps approaching from behind you. You turn you're head to you're right and you notice Rainbow Dash standing next to you giving a confident smile. "He's right. I tried to attack him not knowing what he was but he didn't even try to hurt me back. In fact I had pulled a wing muscle and he use some kind of magic to heal it! I tried to hurt him but in doing so I hurt myself and he healed my wing. He's not evil or anything like what you've shown us. It aint fair if he gets punished! That's why I'm with him on this. He doesn't deserve to be treated unfairly because of what his race has done." Dash explained to Celestia and Luna. You look down at her and give her a grateful smile and she smiles back at you.

Twilight then steps up. "He always showed understanding and patience when dealing with us. Never seeing us as animals but as if we were like his people, always showing respect and politeness. Rainbow Dash is right, he doesn't deserve to be treated unfairly." she says walking towards your left side.

"He is sophisticated and well mannered creature that even when I looked absolutely horrid he still thought I was beautiful! One such as him should not be punished!" said Rarity

"Knight always showed us appreciation for everythin' we've done for him. He was always honest whenever we asked him anything and never tried hurtin' us!" Applejack said.

"At first I was scared of him because of how big he was but he was always kind to us. Especially me, I didn't want to meet him because he was so frightening but then I looked into his eyes and I saw how good he really is. He's not a monster at all and I don't think he should be treated like one." Fluttershy said calmly

"HE THINKS I SHOULD BE TREASURED!" exclaimed Pinkie Pie.

The four remaining ponies then walk up to you and stand boldly by your side. You look at them all and smile happily knowing they're willing to stand with you. You then look at the Princesses with an undaunted gaze. "So your Highnesses, it appears that your most loyal subjects stand with me. So I must ask what about you two. Will you head the counsel of the Elements of Harmony or will you still judge my race by the actions of many?"

After long contemplation Celestia begins to open her mouth and lets out a sigh. "Perhaps I may have jumped to conclusions rather quickly. If my most loyal of subjects have grown to trust you in such a short time then I don't see why I can't-" CRASH Celestia is suddenly interrupted by a loud noise. You and your six friends look to the left where the noise came from and as does Celestia and Luna. What you see are things you can't comprehend. You see a dark maned Unicorn with glowing red and green eyes, what appears to be an Alicorn-like creature but very thin with a malformed horn and insect like wings and her body filled with holes, and finally you see a very large creature who seems to have body parts of several other creatures all in one body.

You slowly unsheathe your sword and grab your shield preparing to defend yourself for these creatures do not look friendly. You look down at Twilight and ask "Friends of yours?"

Author's Note:

sorry about the delayed update, been sick for a couple of days, hope you enjoy! =D

Id'e like to thank everybody for the Favorites and positive feedback, it really means a lot to me! =D