• Published 28th Dec 2012
  • 933 Views, 64 Comments

Righteousness and Malevolence - Luke Man 7394



After being taken from your home land, you wonder where you are and who brought you here and for what purpose.

  • ...
6
 64
 933

Prologue

PROLOGUE

You can't move, your body wrecked with pain as you struggle to keep yourself alive. You try opening your eyes to see where you are. As your eyelids slowly open you find yourself lying on the ground in the middle of a charred and destroyed battlefield. You look on with awe and despair, all you see is death and destruction, the bodies of your friends and family lying as still as rocks, machines of war battered and destroyed and in flames, the ground you lay on is charred black, several fires light up the night sky. As you begin to soak up all that you see, a single tear drop begins to run down your cheek, this is something that normally you've trained yourself not to do, but this particular scene is something you don't take lightly.

After a good, long amount of time looking, you decide to try pick yourself up. This action takes every fiber of your being to do so. As you begin to pick yourself up, you feel an ocean of pain run down every inch of your body, this, plus the weight of your armor makes it extremely difficult to stand. As you rise you pick up your sword and shield and begin to drag yourself forward. You slowly move forward, breathing heavily to keep yourself from passing out, remembering all that had transpired throughout the epic battle that had been waged; you and your brethren defending your once beautiful home land. As you walk you notice that you are stepping in some kind of liquid, you look down, and you see massive pools of crimson red. The sight of the blood mixed with the smell of the dead bodies nearly makes you vomit, but with what little strength you have, you manage to regain your composure. As you continue limping forward in you blood stained armor, you suddenly stop, denying the horrible sight you are seeing. You see your best friend, the one you have know your entire life, has been stabbed multiple times! You look to your left to stop looking at the carcass of your friend but you see something worse, your father. His limbs have been cut off, all but his head so people could recognize who he was. Your father was your biggest inspiration to become a Paladin, you looked up to him more than anybody else you have ever met, his strength, his wisdom, his tenacity, everything about him is what helped shape who you are, and now hes gone. You try to move away from this place but your foot kicks something, you look down at what you touched, almost instinctively. You mother, your once beautiful mother, lays dead at your feet, As if the failure in the battle wasn't enough, the bodies of your most cherished loved ones now lay out in front of you, as still as the cold air.

Witnessing the awful sight of your companion and family torn apart, coupled with the pain in your body and heart, you collapse to your knees and begin to cry. The tears you shed were the most emotional tears that had ever escaped your eyes, the guilt you felt for being unable to defend your home mixed with the death of those most precious to you were too much that not even the Light could heal the wounds in your soul. The curses you mouthed, the shouts that had escaped your throat, the begging and the pleading you screamed towards the Heavens: "WHY?! Why couldn't have been different?! For what purpose have I been cursed with this failure?! Why have you allowed ME to continue to breathe and not one of them?!?!" As you continue to sob in your grief and anger, trying to catch your breath, you hear something, something that sounds almost like a voice.

"Because your destiny does not reside here. I have chosen you to be the guardian of different land. A land that holds more value than this one. You are valuable to me, so I have decide to keep you alive."

The voice was female, it was beautiful, so beautiful that it almost made you forget about everything you just saw, however, being told that your homeland was less important than another begins boil your anger past its limit. "WHAT COULD BE MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE LAND I WAS BORN AND RAISED ON?! WHO COULD BE MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE ONES THAT I HAVE CARED ABOUT MY ENTIRE LIFE?! THE ONES THAT I HAVE FOUGHT AND BLED TO PROTECT?!" You shout off into the distance not knowing if something actually spoke to you, or all of your emotions are beginning to drive you mad. You await a response and after what felt like several hours you finally receive one.

"The answer to your question is something I can not just tell you, my Champion, that is something I can only show you" said the angelic voice.

You begin to ponder what this may mean, You brace yourself for whatever may happen, when suddenly.......

-Darkness-

-Silence-

You don't have any idea what just happened, all you see is darkness, stretching on for what seems like an eternity. You don't know whether you are alive or dead or possibly in between. "Where am I?" you think aloud. Then you hear a noise, it sounds like the same one you heard before everything went black.

"Do not worry my Champion, all will be revealed in time. I must inform you, however, that your decisions and your actions will help shape the destiny of not only yourself but of an entire race." You think about this, You don't know whether you have become insane or if you are actually listening to a person you can't see. "When you awaken you must not panic, you will see things you thought were impossible, but anything is possible given enough time and one chance."

As soon as that sentence ends You open your eyes, You see two figures standing in front of you but from all that you can gather, they aren't human, they look like.....horses? One has a light lavender coat with a purple mane and a stripe of dark pink and light purple, purple eyes,on its head is a.....horn? "That's not possible" You think to yourself. The other horse has an orange coat, with a long blonde mane and emerald colored eyes. The two mares notice you have awaken and they stare at you with puzzled looks on their faces and you stare back with the same puzzled look. No sound is made; you slowly, and painfully, raise your hand and wave it as if you were saying "Hello", trying not to show any of the pain you are feeling throughout your body.

The two mares look at each other, then back at you. There was a still silence in the air, until the purple colored mare began to speak "Hello....um may I ask, who *ahem* what are you?"

Author's Note:

This is the first story I have ever written so please don't be too harsh =P
Any suggestions or tips on making the writing better would be greatly appreciated
Oh and thanks for taking time to read my story ^_^