• Published 28th Dec 2012
  • 934 Views, 64 Comments

Righteousness and Malevolence - Luke Man 7394



After being taken from your home land, you wonder where you are and who brought you here and for what purpose.

  • ...
6
 64
 934

Affirmation

AFFIRMATION

Protected behind your thick metal bulwark, you anxiously await the first blow of the winged cyan pony yet nothing happens. You slowly move your shield away from your body to see why you haven't felt anything yet and you see Twilight and Applejack holding the cyan pony back from attacking you. You let out a sigh of relief knowing that the two ponies who you've met don't want any harm to occur to you.

"Let me go! There's a monster behind you!" the winged pony hollered at Twilight and Applejack. You take this statement rather harshly considering that throughout your entire life you have tried not to become a monster. You always helped other people when they were in need. Whether they were in need of food or money or even a friend, you had a burning desire in your heart to always want people to be happy. You don't see yourself as monster but you realize that when confronting creatures that don't know who or what you are that is how you are going to be judged as.

"Rainbow calm down! He's not a monster, you have to trust us!" Twilight yells, doing her best to hold the defensive pony away from you . "If he was a monster he would have hurt us by now and he wouldn't have tried to communicate with us!" The rainbow maned pony immediately stops struggling and looks at Twilight, taken aback by what she just said.

"Wait wait wait, you're telling me that you two talked to this thing and you actually trust it?!" Twilight and Applejack let go of the pony and nod their heads, trying to assure her that you are friendly. She looks at you still not totally convinced of this truth. "What is it?" she asks Twilight.

"We call it Knight." the unicorn answers. "It's not from our wold, from what we can tell and from what Knight has told us is that its race is known as "Human" and that it has sworn its life to protect all that is good; and yes, for the last time, we do trust it." The winged mare looks over to Applejack to make sure Twilight is telling the truth and she nods her head then the pony looks towards you.

Trying to think of a way to convince the pony yourself, you kneel down on one knee and meet the uncertain pony at eye level. "Don't worry, you have nothing to fear from me. I haven't hurt your friends nor do I plan on to." You say with a calm voice and a gentle smile. "You friends sheltered me when I was wounded, they showed me nothing but kindness and hospitality. I am more than grateful for these two ponies, I would never hurt them or anypony unless there was no other alternative and even then I would be hesitant!" you proclaim with much vigor in your voice and the cyan mare is immediately taken aback.

The winged pony stares and at you, looks back to her friends, they nod and smile, then she looks back at you and opens her mouth like she's about to speak but before she does she grips her wing in pain. "OW!" she exclaims "I must have pulled a wing muscle when I leaped out at you." Still being unsure if the pony believes you, you discover a way to perhaps gain some of her trust.

"Hold still I think I can help you with that." you take your hands and move them right next to the mare's wings and begin to charge them with your Holy energy and they begin to glow the bright golden color you've become so fond of. The pony's eyes widen and backs away from you. As she does this you stop gathering energy and gaze at her with a sad look in your eyes.

"No Rainbow, it's okay, Knight has the ability tah heal wounds, that's how it was able tah recover from its injuries!" Applejack says to Rainbow, you aren't sure if that's her name but you think that it's at least a start.

"She's right Rainbow, I've been trained to heal injuries and I can heal yours but only if you trust me." Rainbow looks at you with a worried expression then walks in your direction. As she does this you begin to build up energy in your hands again. Once ready, you hover your hands above Rainbow's injured wing and deposit the energy into it. Rainbow's eyes widen in disbelief after a few seconds of the golden energy flowing on her wing.

"The pain....the pain in my wing is....gone." Rainbow says as she stretches out her renewed wing. "You actually healed it even after I tried to attack you. Why?" you hear her ask and are immediately surprised by this.

Instantly thinking of an answer you reply to Rainbow's question with a smile. "Because I can't stand anything being in pain whether it be human, pony, or anything else, if I can help then I will."

Rainbow smiles at you but then begins frowning and looks towards the ground. "I'm sorry for trying to attack you. I thought you were going to hurt my friends so I took action, maybe I was a bit too drastic." You notice the regretful tone of her voice and can tell that she is telling truth.

You put a hand on Rainbow's head and gently pat it a few times. "It's fine Rainbow, I completely understand, I can't even remember how many times I've done things like that to protect my friends." She looks up at you with a smile and you return it with a smile of your own.

"Call me Dash." she said "I don't mind being called Rainbow, since it being my first name and all but I prefer Dash." Dash lets out a little chuckle.

"WELL!" you holler and look over to Twilight "Now that we've gotten all this business out of the way, are we still going into town?" you ask "The more time we waste the less we'll have to clean me up."

"Wait, how are you three going to get into town. I don't mean to offend or anything but Knight doesn't look like it could be able to blend in." mentioned Rainbow Dash

"Don't you worry none, we got that all under control. We came up with a plan tah get our new friend here intah Ponyville." said Applejack with a smile. "We're gunna roll him intah town usin' that ol' cart ah got and cover it up so nopony can get glimpse. Now just let me go to the back and ah'll fetch it for ya'll." Applejack began to walk behind the barn to get the cart.

Taking some to to survey the area outside of the barn you realize that it's safe to come out and that there isn't anypony else to see you other than Twilight and Rainbow. As you take a few steps outside it becomes increasingly difficult to believe the world you are seeing virtually for the first time. The bright colors of the land, the birds chirping in the distance, not a single cloud in the sky and the cool air that softly wraps around you. The peaceful scene you witness begins to remind you of your home before the war began. Every single detail was something that you just couldn't smile at and then that's when it hit you. This is that land that you have been chosen to protect. This beautiful world had chosen you to defend it but after realizing this you begin to ponder something. "What could possibly be in this land that could be a threat?" you ask yourself. You decide to abstain yourself from asking any of the ponies what danger there could be and decide on asking the Princess you've been told about instead. "Perhaps the Princes will know more about what dangers there are. I just hope she'll be willing to welcome an alien creature into her land and be willing to believe what I say." you think to yourself.

"Hey Knight?" you overhear Dash call for you which breaks you from your muse. "What exactly are you? I know Twilight said you are a "Human" but what exactly is that? You kind of look like a monkey mixed with an ape but with less fur and you walk upright." Dash asks as she examines you.

"Hmmm..." you begin as you ponder this question heavily. "You know that's really hard to say. Not very many us know exactly what we are or how we became to be. I believe we are creatures who were created from the Light. I believe my race was blessed by the Light's power and were given a home; however, as for why our bodies look and act the way they do, that's something I don't have the answer to."

"What is this "Light" you keep bring up? Is that like your Goddess or something?" asks Dash with a slightly annoyed tone.

"Well what I and many of my people believe the Light to be is the entity that created everything. It's not like a God or Goddess." you try to think of a way to easily explain what the Light really is. "Try to take everything you can think of that is good and form in into a single, all knowing entity that holds limitless power, but you can't see the Light itself. That privilege is only given to those who are deemed worthy when they pass over into the other world. I guess that's the only way I could describe it; something that is pure goodness and is all around us, but we can't see it."

Dash looks at you, seeming more confused than she already was "Uh...huh...." she murmurs.

"Since you ask me a question, mind if I ask you one?" you ask Dash and she politely nods her head. "What are you exactly? I know you're a pony but you aren't like Twilight or Applejack. I can tell by your wings."

"I'm a Pegasus and the best flyer in ALL of Equestria!" boasts Dash with a big proud smile on her face. You glance over to Twilight to confirm what Dash told you. Twilight simply nods in acknowledging what Dash just told you.

"That right she's a Pegasus. One of the three, well, four types of ponies that reside in Equestria. There are Earth ponies like Applejack who possess great athletic abilities, Unicorn ponies like me who can wield magic, Pegasus ponies like Rainbow Dash who can fly and control the weather, and finally there are Alicorn ponies. They are extremely rare but are extremely powerful. Our princess Celestia and her sister Princess Luna are both Alicorns; my brothers wife, Princess Cadence, is also an Alicorn." Twilight explains to you.

As you start to absorb this new information Applejack comes from behind the barn with a large cart. "Alrighty ah got it. It should be big enough for ya to fit in." Applejack points over to the cart, signaling you to get in and you do so. After climbing into the cart Applejack then cover the top with a large tarp concealing your presence. "Alright lets head on out!" say Applejack. You can feel the cart begin to move and you begin to try and relax in the cart not knowing how long the trip is going to be, but this proves very challenging as the cart can barely hold your body and large armor.

"How long is this going to take?" you ask hoping for a good answer.

"'Bout ten minutes, won't be too long." replied Applejack. You smile and let out a small sigh of relief. After a few minutes of traveling you begin to hear the Applejack and Twilight begin to mumble to each other back and forth and one thing catches your attention for a brief moment.

"Do ya think Rarity will be okay with this? What if she flips out like Rainbow did?" asked Applejack nervously.

Twilight answers "I think she will be, she does possess the Element of Generosity but I just really hope Celestia will be good to Knight and treat him fairly."

"Element of Generosity? What does that mean?" you think to yourself and you consider it a good question to ask later, but for now you decide to try and get comfortable and begin to close your eyes to get some rest as you continue your journey in Ponyville.

Author's Note:

Id'e like to thank bladespinner4 for pre-reading and editing this chapter and Id'e like to express my gratitude to all of you who take the time to read this story. It means SO MUCH that people actually take interest into my story and have good things to say about it. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

If there is anything I could do to improve do not hesitate to say something. All constructive criticism is welcome! =D

Oh and sorry for they delayed update. A video game known as Borderlands 2 has begun to take over my life and I'm just now getting over being sick. I'll try to get another chapter done as quick as I can but I feel like there is going to be more content in each chapter as time goes on so bear with me =D