• Published 17th Dec 2012
  • 1,535 Views, 67 Comments

M'aiq in Equestria - Alternate Universe Maiq

  • ...
5
 67
 1,535

As Told by M'aiq

M’aiq does not know where he is. He sees a bunch of multicolored ponies. Did M’aiq eat a skooma sandwich again? He is holding a white ball of metal that is muttering something about space. All M'aiq was doing was sleeping like he always does, curdle up in a ball with the stars shining down upon him. He wakes up standing over a broken bot of flowers with ponies looking at him, as if they all seen a ghost pass them by. He does not like this one bit. He thinks he sees several white ponies in golden armor coming toward him.

“Ssshhh. Here come space cops. Here come space cops.”

You don't say?

“Stop right there criminal scum. Pay the court a fine or serve your sentence. Your stolen goods are now forfeit.”

“M’aiq does not know what he has done wrong, nor does he have coin.”

“Then I hope you rot.” Said a guard pony.

"Space. Trial. Of the system on trial, in space. Space system. On trial! GUILTY...of being in space! GO TO SPACE JAIL!" Replied the white ball.

One of guards was a unicorn, his horn glowing, M'aiq soon found himself in a prison. He is surprise to see how adequately spaced this cell is, it even has a very soft, lustrous golden bed. This is nothing like those dimly lit and damp cells back at Skyrim. Horrible places. He sits on his bed and thinks. What did he do? Guard ponies, or what he thinks are guard ponies, accuse M’aiq of committing a crime and throws him in jail. M’aiq's face swells up, his fur wet. Next to him was the white ball, standing by as it gave no care in the world around itself.

“Space.”

They threw this thing in with M’aiq? It does not matter. He at least has something to talk to, to stave off the loneliness. But, M’aiq does not feel like talking. Oh well. Maybe, if he takes a nap, he will wake up and find this all but a mere dream. Vaermina always likes giving people bad dreams. The mention of Vaermina makes him tremble. He enters his bed and slowly drifts into a waking sleep, with the occasional “Space,” disturbing his slumber, hoping Vaermina releases him from his dream.

The cell door slowly opens. A guard walks through with a spear in tow. M’aiq wakes up and much to his plight he finds himself still in a cell.

“Prisoner! The princesses will now see you.” Said the generic guard pony.

“Mhmmhmm. Can’t M’aiq have 5 more minutes?” Replied M’aiq.

“Do not keep the princesses waiting you swine!”

“Alright, alright. M’aiq will go to these princesses… wait. More than one princess wishes to see M’aiq?”

“Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. They want to see you. Now.”

“Celestia? Luna? M’aiq thought they were giant round orbs in the sky. He certainly did not think they could rule a kingdom. He means, how does a giant ball of gas and a moon rule a kingdom? M’aiq cannot fathom this.”

“Such incompetence!” the guard holds in both of his hooves a spear of glistening white. He points it toward M’aiq’s throat. He looks to his left to find the white ball standing idly by, then at the guard who has an iron grip on his throat. His eyes widen, begging for mercy.

“Better. Now, come with me. Take that… thing with you too.”

M’aiq quickly picks up the metal ball. “Calling space cops. Space cops help!” he then follows the guard out of the cell and down a series of hallways to an unknown destination. On the way there, he once again caught the white ball talking about space and is wondering what it meant.

“Metal ball. What is this ‘space’ you speak of?”

“Space? Space is space. Empty, cold and full of stuff.”

“Sounds like Molag bal’s oblivion if it was frozen over. What kind of stuff is in space? M’aiq wishes to know.”

“Ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba. Space. Stars. Orion’s belt. Cancer. Saturn. More stars. The big dipper. THE BIG DIPPER! SPAAACCCE! Uhg uhg. Space.”

“M’aiq thinks that he should have left you back at his cell.”

We arrived at a door. what are the properties of this door? M’aiq does not know, use your imagination, he is far too busy talking to his new friend about space. The guard pony pushes the door open, and steps off to the side.

“Their royal majesties will now see you.”

M’aiq steps into the room, he is amazed to see how many books are in this room. Not one inch or corner is left bare. To the center of this, what is assumed to be a study as it was to small, more akin to a bed room, sat a lovely dark blue, gold incrusted carpet. On this carpet stood two chairs, either one of them being blue or white and on these chairs sat two winged unicorns, with both matching the color of their seat, peacefully reading an unknown book. To the front of these beings, sat a fireplace, blazing in fury as it lit the room for its reading occupants and provided warmth to them, to fight off the harsh cold.

“M’aiq, was it? Please. Come over here and make yourself comfortable.” Said the white winged unicorn.

Does M’aiq really need to say what has been done? Fine. M’aiq walks over to the one who has spoken his name. the white one looks at the white metal ball with curiosity. The metal ball acknowledging this looks toward the winged unicorn with its. One. Big. Solitary. Yellow. Eye. Imagine how scary it would be if you had a big yellow eye staring at you. M’aiq would run for the hills.

“Who’s your little friend?”

“Spaceborn. I am SPACEBORN! As foretold. By space! Wait. No. No. No. Wrong game, I mean show. I am Space Core. I like space. Is that Luna? Luna! I’M WITH LUNA! LLLLUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNAAAAAAA!” replied Space Core.

A few giggles later. A lot later. Seriously? How long does it take for two girls to stop giggling like little girls?

“We are glad to see we have a fan.” Said the blue princess.

“How rude of us. Let me introduce ourselves. I am Princess Celestia and she is Princess Luna.”

“It is a pleasure. M’aiq wishes you all well.”

“Likewise.” Replied Luna.

“Listen. I know you’re wondering where you are, but you do not belong here. With Crystal Empire showing up, times have been hard. To my regret, I have to send you back. Otherwise I would be honored to have you as my guest and let you stay in Equestria for a month or two.” Said a sadden Celestia.

“M’aiq understands. He would be very pleased to go back home.”

“Very well. One more thing. Sorry for throwing you into a jail cell, the royal guard has been on edge lately.”

“M’aiq forgives.”

Celestia smiles.

“Sister.”

The two sisters stand up, close their eyes and began to chant in unison.

“Mittere haec anima retro ad origo sic et nos in pace vivunt.”

-one arbitrary displacement later-

This is not Skyrim. Where is all the snow? The mountains? Still no caterpillars. Where did M’aiq go this time?

“Blink dagger. AAUAAAGAUAGAHUAGHAAA!”

“Blink dagger? Really?”

“Space dagger! To space.”

M’aiq should have listened to his father M’aiq and stayed home.

Author's Note:

First Story. Yadda yadda. If you find any grammar errors be sure to point them out. Or if you want more meat on the bones, I think I can throw an idea or two out.