• Published 10th Dec 2012
  • 8,015 Views, 362 Comments

Marcus 657 - John 117



Marcus 657 has always been different from his other Spartan brother and sisters. But how different c

  • ...
46
 362
 8,015

Chapter 16- Covenant

Marcus stood in the shadows as the group waited for the Princesses. Luna had gone ahead to get Celestia ready and the rest of them had gotten what things they needed and met Twilight at the Library. She had then teleported them to the Northern gate of Canterlot, and from there they walked on. Shining Armor met them at the doors of the main Castle and led them to a small meeting room; a large, oak table in the middle with seats enough for them all and then some to be present if needed. Marcus looked down at the shiny metal object in his hand with fear while resting his hand on his magnum. Luna had seen fit to give him back his weapons, in light of recent events. Marcus's eyes scanned the room, and then back up to the doors. He was apprehensive to say the least. His eyes finally settled on Fluttershy.Why do I care so much for her? She has heart, even though she doesn't know it. Marcus looked around the room. I can't let anything happen to these ponies. The doors to the room finally flew open, and Celestia stormed in, Luna trailing behind her.

“Not in a thousand years has anyone ever had the audacity to summon ME to a meeting! But now I find myself not only being summoned, but forcefully by my own sister UNDER SOMEONES ELSE'S ORDERS!" Celestia huffed, standing at the center of the table, rage filling her eyes. Everyone looked down in fright, not daring to look the princess in the eye. Marcus walked up into the light, still holding the object in his hands. He looked right at her, not afraid in the slightest. Well, at least not of her.

"You! I understand that you have saved some of my ponies from harm, but that does not give you the right to order around my pupil, her friends, and my sister!" Celestia started to go on a rant about how he was to treat her, but he didn't have the time nor patience to hear it. He took off his helmet and clipped it to his belt. He then pulled out his magnum and shot out a round from the hip, the round bouncing off the ceiling, the blast ringing through the room. Everyone flinched and looked at Marcus. He put the gun back and looked at Celestia through serious eyes.

"Forgive me Celestia, but as of right now proper edicate and behavior have just gone out the window. We have a large and very dangerous problem." He put the object on the table for all to see.

"The Covenant is here on your very doorstep." Many gasped, and Celestia looked on in shock.

“How is it you have come upon this knowledge with me never even hearing so much as a peep from my scouts?" Marcus pointed at the object on the table.

"Because of that. That, sweet and dearest Celestia is a Covenant energy sword. One of the more deadly weapons in their arsenal. Applejack tripped over it when she was helping put out the fire you heard about and showed it to me. I knew at once what it was, and called this meeting." Celestia looked on with fear.

"This...this proves nothing. How do you even know what it is? It could be a piece of metal from the house or...or something! It could have come through the portal with you and flown to where it landed."

"Celestia please. listen-" Marcus was cut short.

"You come in here, with a piece of metal and a large claim that is barely supported by facts and evidence and want me tobelieve you? You have grown too bold Marcus."At that Marcus grabbed the object and flicked it with his wrist. A blue beam shot out, and formed a blade. It hummed with energy.

"I would think I would remember the very object that tore apart countless humans Princess! Marines, ODSTs, and even Spartans have fallen to such a weapon! I watched my comrades skewered on weapons like this! So many...so many gone...I just...I couldn't..." Marcus froze in place and looked down; his hand holding the weapon was shaking tremendously. Each and every face flashed before his eyes. He then continued to speak, powered by his grievances. Mothers forgive me I could bring them home. But that doesn't mean that I can't fight in their memory...I will not let more innocents die! "And if you do not heed my words, your skin will be cut from your body as a trophy for some Elite as he picks his teeth with your bones! Your fields will burn, yours cities will be leveled, and your people will all die by their hand! " Marcus spat out the last words, and for emphasis, drove the sword into the table, wanting nothing more to do with the weapon. It stood straight , a monument to the evil that was coming for them all. Marcus walked towards Celestia.

"Listen to me, or bid me away. The choice is yours, but know this. The choice you make could either save you, or doom you all." Celestia looked down, thinking. She then looked up at Marcus.

"What," Celestia cleared her throat. "What would you have me do Marcus? We don't have weapons such as yours. We have never had a need for such things.War is not our strongest subject, as you might have guessed."

"Yes, but mine is. When the time comes, I will fight them. I will fight until my dying breath if I must."Fluttershy gave a squee at that. Marcus ignored it and continued.

"But what I need you to be ready for is to evacuate cities. Whole cities, Celestia. And when the time comes, well, do whatever you can to protect those who you care for." At that Marcus looked over at Fluttershy. She looked at him, but lowered her head, blushing lightly. He looked down as well. Luna looked over at him.

"Can our magic do anything?" Marcus shook his head.

"As far as I know; no it can't."

"Then what do we do, Marcus?” Twilight pleaded. Marcus looked around the room into ever eye present. He looked back at Fluttershy, who looked back, fear deep within her. Marcus felt a large sense of protection towards the mare. He racked his brain for a plan of action, some way to find them and fight. To be able to give the first blow. But Marcus could only think of one plan, and humanity had been using it since the beginning of the war with the Covenant. Marcus shook his head and looked towards Celestia and Luna. He clenched his hand a few times, looking down at it. The only thing that came to mind was what he and the rest of the UNSC did. He sighed and walked up to Fluttershy and knelt down, petting her mane. She nuzzled into his hand and let him, smiling a bit. He smiled, then looked down, removing his hand. He stood up and looked at Celestia and Luna, knowing what they needed to do.

"We wait."

Author's Note:

Since I haven't had the chance to thank all those who have liked, given a favorite, or both, I'd like to take the chance to do that now! Thank you all so much! I've been wanting to do something like this for sometime, and the fact that its doing this well is, well, incredible. Thank you all for reading, and I hope you enjoy the rest! John 117 out.