• Published 6th Dec 2012
  • 1,503 Views, 37 Comments

Children of Chaos - Mike the Red



Sequel to "Free to Good Home" -- Discord attempts to persuade Michael Walker (Still in Twilight's body) to provide him with a second foal.

  • ...
14
 37
 1,503

Intruder Alert

I took a quick shower to clear my mind. There was so much that had happened since that fateful day I met Discord near Fitzgerald's Casino, but after having fulfilled my end of the bargain with him, not much had happened. Life had become rather boring for me since then, except for those nights when I'd wake up in a cold sweat after having dreamt about jumping off the I-40 bridge in Memphis. That seemed to be a recurring nightmare for me, and more than once I had forced myself awake after jumping off that bridge in my dreams. More than once I had dreamt about the war I had inadvertently started. There were many times I had wondered about why I had lost my cutie mark -- even though part of it had finally returned about two years ago. What had returned to me was the large six-pointed star, but instead of being a pink color, it was bright red.

I finished my shower and toweled off. I decided to fix pancakes for breakfast today. Telekinesis is very useful, and in short order I had prepared the pancakes, cooked them, ate them, and cleaned up the mess. With all the practice I had gotten in, this was quite easy. I was getting ready to relax in my chair in front of the TV when my security system alerted me to intruders on my property. I pulled up the camera view on my monitor.

"Who are those guys?" I said aloud. "I hate when this happens." Truth is, though, this had only happened once before, and that was about a year and a half ago. That time, it was just a single man who didn't get past my electric fence boundary. This time, there were three guys who reminded me of the surfers I had seen earlier. Were they trying to get to my home? I watched as they approached the electric fence -- not your standard farm-type electric fence, this monster stood 18 feet high, and was wired with 440 volts AC -- enough to knock a man out of his shoes if he touched it wrong -- not to mention it was topped with concertina wire. "They're not gonna get past THAT," I thought. They didn't make it to the fence, as I watched Discord teleport behind them, grab them, and teleport away with them.

"They won't be messing with her, I can guarantee THAT!" he chuckled, then disappeared again.

I rubbed my eyes to make sure I had seen what I just had. Discord protecting me? And my property? Really? I wondered just how serious he was about having me give him a second child. I couldn't let that bother me, I had already given him a son. He was going to have to work a LOT harder if he wanted a second one! Even if he had treated me nicely, I couldn't bear the thought of going through labor again, as painful as it had been.

I turned the TV on to see what was going on around the world. Local TV service was still spotty, so I had set up a satellite dish to receive signals from around the world. I was watching Australia News, and saw something very interesting, or more likely, something disturbing. They were flashing on the screen a grainy grey-scale photo of me blasting the wall with a magic sphere. Apparently, I had become a most wanted.

"We have reason to suspect that this being is still alive, but her whereabouts are unknown. She is known as Twilight Sparkle, and is widely believed to be the impetus for initiating The Final War. She is to be considered extremely dangerous, so extreme caution is advised. If you encounter her, do not attempt to apprehend her, as she may prove to be unpredictable."

"Great, just great," I said sarcastically. "When did they find out about that? I knew I should have concealed myself a bit better than that. I thought a distance of two miles from that wall was sufficient -- I suppose I guessed wrong." I still couldn't help but feel a twinge of guilt after all this time -- I was indirectly responsible for killing of two-thirds of the world's population, even though it was in the service of Discord. "That still doesn't excuse the fact you instigated that war," I said to myself. I figured that was something Princess Celestia would have said to me, even though it had been nearly three years since I last wrote her. "Maybe I should write her again some time," I thought.

I thought about EJ, and wondered what he had learned from Discord. I found myself wondering why Discord had taken him away so soon after I had given birth to him -- and how he had developed so quickly. Even at just three years old, he stood taller than me, his grey muscular legs with purple hooves allowing him to walk upright, almost like a human. His grey body tapered to his neck, his little dragon-like arms being purple as well, with sharp claws. He had sharp teeth that looked like they belonged to a piranha fish -- quite frightening, that -- and a tuft of black hair on top of his relatively round head. His tail was little more than a rather short shock of black hair. He had a unicorn horn on his head as well, a mix of grey and purple -- so he was going to be able to use magic as well. I half-way wondered if he might get a cutie mark, but wasn't sure about that. "He's going to be a difficult one to decipher," I thought. "He does appear to be quite smart."

I turned the TV over to a Japanese game show, and watched people doing very silly things in order to win money. Some truly outrageous stuff was shown on Japanese TV, and I always got a kick out of watching people do these silly things. I found myself trying to immerse myself in the language, trying to learn it through absorption, but wasn't having much luck. The game show ended, and another news program came on, and again a picture of me was shown. I was starting to get worried now. "How many around the world are going to be told about me?" I asked no one.

I turned the TV over to French TV, and again a news program showed a picture of me, this time from a very far distance, as though it had been taken from the "separation barrier" itself. A large magenta ball of energy appeared to come right at the camera, and then the picture went black. Another camera showed me from a different angle, again firing a magic ball of energy. I was able to decipher from my limited knowledge of the French language that I was being sought for questioning, and possible indictment for crimes against peace. With this knowledge, I knew I was going to be a prisoner in my own home, or at least on my own property.

In order to get some of the better quality food-stuffs I had been eating for the past three years, I had developed friendships with various merchants, bartering gold coin for my necessities. It looked as though those travels were going to come to an end.