• Published 6th Dec 2012
  • 1,503 Views, 37 Comments

Children of Chaos - Mike the Red



Sequel to "Free to Good Home" -- Discord attempts to persuade Michael Walker (Still in Twilight's body) to provide him with a second foal.

  • ...
14
 37
 1,503

Sorry I Haven't Written

I finally stopped making faces in the mirror to digest the sudden change in my appearance. No longer Twilight, now Beatrix Lulamoon. "I wonder how well she can sing," I thought. I fired up the karaoke machine again, and started with "Wake Up John" once again. I swear I never get tired of singing that song! As I began singing, my ears were assaulted by my serious tone-deafness. Trixie could not sing to save her life. I cursed aloud and turned off the karaoke machine, suppressing the urge to slam my right fore-hoof upon it. "Remind me to ask Discord if he can fix that for me tonight," I said to myself.

I noticed an odd scent in the room, and discovered that it was my new body, suffering from a case of "not-so-fresh" feeling. I went back to the bathroom and took another shower, shampooing my coat, mane and tail using my telekinesis. This task should have been a bit easier than it turned out to be, as it turned out Trixie's magic was in need of serious practice. I tried to teleport across the main room, using what I had learned while in Twilight's body. Nothing happened as I readied the spell and attempted to cast it. "Maybe I need him to change me back into Twilight," I mused aloud. "Not being able to teleport sucks." I felt a gnawing in my stomach, so I went to the fridge and got some food out. Even Trixie's taste buds weren't the same, as what I had been used to eating regularly didn't taste good at all to me now.

"Everything has it's price, doesn't it, Discord?" I asked no one. I felt an urge to go find some pine cones, and had to go to the bathroom and regurgitate what I had eaten earlier. I turned to look at the amulet Discord had given me, and it was glowing even brighter.

"Put me on, you know you want to," it seemed to say to me. Its siren song was very tempting, almost too much to resist. "Everything will work out fine if you wear me," I heard a voice in my head say. It seemed to be levitating of its own accord, trying to find me. I had to run to another room in my house and close the door behind me. I knew the amulet had a corrupting influence, and was very apprehensive -- well, terrified, actually -- of wearing it. I understood that it would greatly enhance my magic abilities, but the cost would be very high. I wondered what to do at this point, so I decided to finally write another letter to Princess Celestia, hoping that maybe she might have some answers for me, or maybe better yet, she might allow me to return to Equestria -- I knew that would be a long shot, but I could always hope...


Dear Princess Celestia,

I'm sorry it's been so long since I last wrote to you -- and I was hoping to be sending you a letter under better circumstances.
I was visited by Discord today, and he has decided he wants another child. I told him I was uncertain about providing him with a second child, but he is very insistent. I hope you might be able to give me some advice, some reassurance, or maybe even allow for my return to Equestria. I also discovered that as a result of my actions in the service of Discord that I am being sought for arrest and indictment for war crimes. I understand that this particular set of circumstances places me in an untenable situation, and worse still was what Discord did to alleviate some of my worry -- he has transformed me from Twilight Sparkle into Beatrix Lulamoon. This wouldn't be so bad, except that after having been in Twilight's body for more than four years, adjusting to the new body is proving to be difficult. If nothing else, I would at least like to receive a response of some kind.

With warmest regards,

Beatrix Lulamoon, formerly Twilight Sparkle of Earth





"Okay, I've written the letter, how am I supposed to send it to her?" I asked myself. I tried opening a portal to Equestria, but was unable to do it. Perhaps I could put the amulet on to do that? I wondered. Maybe I can take it off after I've sent the letter? I rolled up the letter I had written and put a string around it, tying it up in a knot. I went back into the main room and found the amulet still on the TV stand where I had left it. I put it on, feeling the intense surge of energy crackling within my body, the warmth filling me, making me feel very powerful. I grinned as the energy flow made me feel more alive than I had ever felt in my entire life. "Whoa, this is cool!" I laughed. I looked at the rolled up letter I had written. Perhaps I didn't really need to send it off after all, I thought. I checked my reflection in the mirror again and saw my eyes glowing red, that evil grin of mine staring right back at me -- I could have sworn I started laughing again, the feeling was so intense!

I opened a portal to Equestria, and instead of sending the letter, I teleported there, straight to Ponyville, right in front of Twilight's house which doubled as the Golden Oaks Library. I needed to talk to her, or at least that's what I thought I needed to do. I tapped on the door with my right fore-hoof, perhaps a bit too impatiently. Spike answered the door.

"What do you want, you troublemaker?" he asked indignantly. He flashed his teeth at me, as if he wanted to bite me.

"Spike, I need to talk to Twilight -- it's kind of important," I said, trying to maintain a friendly tone.

"Trixie, she's not accepting visitors, especially YOU!" he growled, and slammed the door shut. I heard Twilight's voice from behind the door.

"Spike, who was that at the door?" she asked, sounding a little concerned.

"Just Trixie," he said dismissively. "Said she wanted to talk to you."

"What's SHE doing back here? After what she did last time?"

"Twilight, look, I'm really sorry about what happened last time -- please let me talk to you! I have something very important to tell you! I'm not Trixie, I'm just in her body! Do you remember a visit from yourself about 3 years ago? A version of you that had a red streak in her hair where yours is pink?" I directed my voice at her closed door. It opened very suddenly as Twilight came out hurriedly.

"You mean to tell me -- wait -- you're wearing that amulet!" Twilight was shocked. "You'd better not pull any stunts like you did last time! You try that again, and I swear --"

"Twilight. Please listen. I know it was wrong of me to do what I did. I know it was more so for me to shirk my responsibilities -- and I know that Discord will be searching for me when he finds I have escaped Earth --"

"NO! You go back home! I can't have him coming HERE!" she shouted at me. "I remember you! Princess Celestia remembers you! You told us you had sealed your planet's fate! Princess Celestia told me you had a foal for Discord in order to clean up the mess you left behind, and now you come back here trying to escape him -- what, he wants another foal?"

My face fell as she recounted what I had done, and my ears drooped. "You're right. I have no business being here, and running away from my problems is not productive -- it will make matters worse. I was also wanting to communicate with Princess Celestia -- I have a letter I have written here -- if you can have Spike send it for me, I would be grateful."

"Spike! I need you to send a letter to the Princess!" Twilight called.

"Sure thing, Twi -- wait, she's still here?"

"Spike, you remember the name Michael Walker?"

"No. I see Trixie here, though. What does she want?"

"Spike, I have written a letter to Princess Celestia. I would be grateful if you would be kind enough to send it for me," I said, trying to be as contrite as possible. He looked at me quizzically, then readied his flame to send the letter off.

"Wait, let me read it before you send it off," Twilight said. "I want to see what you've written before sending the letter off." She opened the letter with her telekinesis and read it aloud. When she finished, she addressed me. "You know, you have a funny way of dealing with your crises," she said. She rolled up the letter and sealed it again, and gave it back to Spike. "Go ahead and send it off, Princess Celestia will find it very amusing. Trixie, or Michael, as I should address you, she's not going to allow you to remain here -- and since you've returned, regardless of what you look like, she's not going to be happy about that, either."

"Twilight, I felt compelled to see you once again -- it has been too long -- but I didn't know what else to do -- it gets lonely living by myself, even when I was in your body -- I just want to have some company, or something."

Spike belched as Princess Celestia's response came swiftly. Twilight read it aloud again.


"Dear Beatrix Lulamoon ... (Twilight chuckles upon reading this) ... It is with great sadness that I cannot allow for your return to Equestria. Since this letter has arrived via Spike's dragon flame, this alerts me as to your presence in Ponyville. I am giving you fifteen minutes to leave, as I will be making a visit to ensure your absence. I am disappointed by your choices, and your irresponsible behavior and poor judgment prejudices my opinion of your intellect. Your desire for answers or advice, while commendable, comes at an inappropriate time and as such, will not be answered directly by me or my student. Since you have chosen to escape your responsibilities once again, I can only give you this advice -- leave Equestria immediately, or suffer very dire consequences. Do not attempt to contact me or my student or anypony else in Equestria, and do not attempt to return, or I shall make your next visit your final one. Signed, Princess Celestia of Equestria."

"So it was a mistake for me to come. Very well then, Twilight. I shall leave, and I will miss you. Good-bye." And with that, I teleported back to my home. I took off the amulet, and laid it back down on my TV stand. I then laid face-down on my bed and started crying.

--------------------------

"I'm glad she's not coming back, Twi," Spike said, grinning.

"Spike, she's not Trixie, she was that male human that came through here about three years ago while still in my body. He wanted answers, and I guess he got them, didn't he?"

A flash of light and a golden POP signaled Princess Celestia's arrival. "Twilight, is that human in Beatrix's body still here?" she asked, a look of concern on her face.

"I read your response to his letter, and he promptly left."

"Good. We don't need Discord poking his face around here again."

"I still can't believe he did that for him, though -- the thought of carrying a foal for Discord makes me sick to my stomach."

"Indeed."