• Published 6th Dec 2012
  • 1,503 Views, 37 Comments

Children of Chaos - Mike the Red



Sequel to "Free to Good Home" -- Discord attempts to persuade Michael Walker (Still in Twilight's body) to provide him with a second foal.

  • ...
14
 37
 1,503

Alternate Ending II : Death of Chaos

"Well, well, well. Looks like you've defeated Celestia. Very impressive!" Discord smiled as he appeared just before I managed to force her to leave. "Now, Twilight, if you don't mind, I need that amulet back."

"Discord, you GAVE this item to me! You CAN'T have it back!" I stated sternly. I kept my guard up, not knowing what he might do. I continued to eye him warily.

"Be that as it may, Twilight, you no longer need it, since you have resumed your earlier form. My gift was conditional," he said, his features starting to darken menacingly.

"That would make you an Indian Giver -- and I will not honor your request."

"Twilight, you test my patience. I do not wish to hurt you, but if you do not return that amulet, I will be forced to act. Now GIVE IT BACK!" he shouted at me.

"You can have it back -- after you've pried it from my cold dead hooves!" I shouted at him. I readied myself for whatever magic he might use against me.

"I'm glad you said that, Twilight, that will make things a lot easier for me." He waved his lion paw at me, but nothing happened. His face registered surprise by this event. "What? How did that happen?"

"I've been measuring your magical strength while we've been talking. You are not as powerful as Celestia."

"You underestimate me, Twilight! That will seal your doom!" he chuckled. His horns glowed with magical energy as he tried to use a two-pronged attack. My eyes and horn glowed red as I absorbed his magic, replenishing my supply. "That's not possible!" he shouted. He then did something unexpected. He inverted gravity, turning everything upside-down. This disorientation hit me by surprise and he attacked me physically. I was stunned by this and felt my left side being scraped by the claws of his eagle talon.

"You know you done bucked up now, don't you!" I shouted at him, returning to my hyper-flame mode. My eyes and horn glowed a very bright red as I returned gravity right-side-up again. My flaming mane and tail burned with a brilliant intensity and my eyes were fully red with my rage. Discord was shocked to see this display of raw power, and teleported away. "You're not getting away THAT easily!" I shouted at the spot where he had been standing. I teleported after him, my rage burning even brighter.

"What the hell has come over her?" he asked himself as he teleported to his earlier lair under NORAD. He tried to catch his breath, but I teleported into his lair, just five feet behind him. I tapped his left shoulder and hit him in the face with my right fore-hoof. I then used my telekinesis to knock him to the floor. He teleported away again.

"You can run, but you can't hide, Discord!" I shouted again. This time he teleported to where his lair in New York City had been, but he found himself about a thousand feet above the ground where the penthouse had once been standing. I guess he forgot about the bomb blast. Gravity took over at this point. I teleported to roughly the same spot to see him falling. I chuckled as I levitated, allowing myself to slowly descend. He panicked and teleported again.

His next jump took him to downtown Memphis, but he hadn't allowed for the pull of gravity when he landed. His downward rate of acceleration carried forward with his teleport so when he landed, his body crumpled to the ground, breaking both his legs and nearly half his ribs. I teleported about ten feet away from him.

"You can't fight gravity when you teleport, dumbass!" I laughed. He groaned in pain.

"How could I have forgotten? You think you can still beat me?" he asked defiantly. He looked like he had already been beaten. I allowed myself to flare up even brighter.

"Tell me where my kids are!" I shouted at him.

"I would sooner die than tell you where they are, Twilight!" he yelled angrily.

"Suit yourself," I said coldly, readying a flare attack. His eyes went wide with fear as he saw my body glow even brighter, my mane and tail enlarging with my magic flaming flare. My entire body seemed to be glowing red, augmented by the amulet I was still wearing. I felt extremely powerful.

"No, no, don't kill me!" he pleaded.

"You're a liability, Discord. I can't allow you to live!" I shouted, my flare vaporizing him into a pile of dust. I thought I might feel a sense of satisfaction from having killed him, but I felt empty inside. I cooled down and reverted to my normal form as Twilight. The amulet continued to glow brightly and I felt its influence taking me over. It felt reassuring, comforting, making me feel whole again. I resolved never to remove it, regardless of the circumstances. I teleported back to my castle.

"Okay, let's see here. I need to redecorate this place after Celestia ruined it." Thinking about her for a moment renewed my anger over her actions and I resolved to pay her a visit as soon as I had finished making needed changes to my castle. Something about the place seemed a little off, though, so I cast a spell to break illusions. My castle disappeared only to be replaced by my old cozy little home, situated in an abandoned industrial park, the former glass wall showing nothing at all except an open exposure to this park, with nothing to protect me from anything that might happen to come by. This visual stunned me into silence, then rage took over again. "I'm glad I wasted you, Discord! You won't be tricking anypony ever again!"

I decided that I was going to need a property overlooking the Pacific Ocean at this point, so I teleported to a spot where I thought my place should be. I decided that I was going to have my castle, regardless of how much magic I spent in order to make it -- I figured the amulet would help me craft the place. First I had to create the massive mountain upon which to build my castle, then craft the castle itself. This time I was going to build the castle with black granite walls, making it every bit as large as it had appeared when I had been dropped off in front of where it had been. This was going to take some time and a lot of magic, but I figured I had enough time and magic to spare. I made the ground rise, levitating to maintain eye contact with the creation of this mountain of black rock. I continued to enlarge it until I figured I had enough height and width to build upon it. The castle came next, not as hard as raising a mountain, but more intricately detailed. This was the more time consuming aspect of building my castle, but more satisfying and testing my imagination as far as creativity goes. Black granite walls rose from the mountain, higher and higher until I decided to stop with the vertical development. I was going to make this thing HUGE! I chuckled at the thought of just how big this castle was going to be, not that I really needed it, just that I wanted a really large castle -- I felt I was entitled to such an ostentatious domicile. A dozen spires reached more than 1700 feet above sea level, each with windows and balconies to overlook the waves crashing on the shore. It looked like a stereotypical medieval castle, just on a monumental scale. Satisfied with the exterior appearance, I made my way inside to work my magic on the interior rooms, halls, and various other necessities.

At this point, I had expended a grotesquely large amount of magic energy and took a few hours to recover. I crafted a chair on the main courtyard, resting and watching the clouds drift by. As I rested, I thought I heard a soft POP not far from me.

"Mommy? Mommy?" came a voice from my left. I turned to look and saw EJ standing about five feet away with Stephanie in a satchel designed for carrying a small foal.

"EJ? Did you teleport here? How did you do that?"

"Yes, mommy, I did -- I waited for daddy, but he never came back! He said he was only going to be gone for a few minutes, but -- where is he? Do you know where he went?" I hung my head at his question. I should have known, but acted too hastily.

"EJ, your daddy has gone away -- he left and told me he was going away but he didn't say where. He told me not to follow him," I said, trying not to give myself away. The amulet gave a faint glow which faded away shortly after that. I felt its influence wane as if to signify that I had used up all its power.

"Mommy, I want my daddy! Please!"

"EJ, I need to talk to Princess Celestia -- I want you and Stephanie to come with me so I can explain the situation."

"Okay, Mommy, but daddy told me that she was evil!"

"She only acts that way against those who treat her badly -- which makes me worry, since I battled her and won."

"Do you think she'll be mad at you?"

"I don't know, EJ, there's only one way to find out."

----------------------------------

"Tia, you look like you got hit by a train!" Luna said with a mix of worry and exasperation.

"Twilight has gone rogue and attacked me without mercy -- she wears an amulet of great power."

"You mean OUR Twilight? I shall punish her severely!" Luna shouted indignantly.

"No, Luna, the Twilight of Earth, the one who invited me to stay in her castle."

"Why did she attack you?"

"She complained about me taking the amulet from her."

I appeared at this moment in a flash of light and a magenta POP. "Princess Celestia, I wish to apologize for my earlier actions. I am here to present you with the amulet you said I should not have." I trotted over to Celestia and telekinetically gave her the amulet, which appeared to have lost all of its power.

"YOU! Of all the nerve! How DARE you attack my sister?" Luna shouted at me. Then she saw EJ and Stephanie. "Wait -- are those your foals? I cannot attack you with them present!"

"Princess Luna, please forgive my intrusion. My son EJ teleported to my new castle with my daughter. EJ is just three and a half years old, and can already teleport, something that has truly amazed me."

Both Princesses expressed surprise at this mention. "EJ, can you do a small teleport in this room to demonstrate your ability?" Celestia asked. He teleported from where he was standing to a point five feet in front of him. A flash of light and a light grey POP accompanied his teleport. Celestia smiled. "Looks like we might be admitting you to the School for Gifted Unicorns should you wish to stay -- but you don't look like a unicorn," she observed. "Wait -- something seems a little odd here -- let me see," she said and used her magic to dispel illusions. EJ was now looking like a true unicorn, solid charcoal grey with black mane and tail, his hooves a faint purple, his eyes a dark brown, his horn a mix of grey and purple.

"EJ? What does that stand for?" Princess Luna asked.

"Equanimity Jeffrey," I stated, trying to suppress a chuckle.

"Mommy! Please don't tell them that! They'll laugh at me!"

"That's why I call him EJ," I said. Both Princesses smiled and chuckled softly.

"So Discord is their father? You mentioned that in a previous letter,"

"He can't be -- his genetic make-up would not permit him to succeed in making Twilight pregnant. The biological material must have come from another unicorn and I am curious to know which one it is," Celestia mused.

"Discord tricked me -- I have no idea who it could have been -- and anyway, I wasted him while wearing that amulet."

Celestia actually smiled at me at this point. "So that's why it has no power left."

"Not exactly -- I built a castle atop a mountain to replace the one which was illusory," I stated flatly.

"I have a feeling you won't be returning to Earth to live in that castle," Celestia stated.

"Why not?" I asked, expressing a degree of apprehension.

"You will need to raise these foals of yours among others of their kind. I am offering you an opportunity to live here, either in Canterlot or Ponyville in order to raise them -- should you need help, you only need ask."

"Princess Celestia, I beg your forgiveness for attacking you earlier -- and I humbly accept your offer to stay -- but I will need to have a different body so as to prevent confusion with Twilight, as I would like to live in Ponyville for the sake of raising EJ and Stephanie."

"The fact you gave the amulet back is testament to your contrition -- you are already forgiven as I knew you were confused when you attacked me -- and I have suffered worse than what you dealt me. You were holding back and you allowed me to live which indicates you are not truly evil and that the amulet did not corrupt you completely. I am surprised to see you have emptied it though -- rendering it impotent. That is all for the best, I surmise. As for your request for a new body, I'm sure once I have recovered from my injuries I can change you into whatever you wish, with some exceptions, of course. I request you stay here in the castle with your foals until these changes can be made."

"Princess Celestia, you are too kind. Since EJ has already shown strong magic abilities at such an early age, I wonder what sort of schooling he might be receiving. Stephanie seems to be magically attuned as well," I said, my head bowed.

"You named your daughter Stephanie?" Luna asked.

"Stephanie Sparkle, Princess," I said.

"That's rather presumptuous," she responded.

"Well, I figured since I was in Twilight's body when I gave birth to her, she would carry the family name -- I can sense great potential in her, and I wouldn't be surprised that when she's in her twenties, she might replace Twilight as the Element of Magic -- that, or she'll be tremendously powerful."

"That depends on how dedicated she is to her studies," Celestia admonished. "Your prediction remains to be seen. Don't be too surprised if she squanders that potential, as I sense within you the same potential I see in Stephanie."

"Very well then, Princess. I apologize for speaking out of turn. If I may, where will we be sleeping? I am tired, a little hungry, and I would like to rest for awhile."

"I shall have a Royal Guard show you to your quarters and I shall summon you when I determine the time is appropriate. I hope you enjoy your stay."

"Thank you for your generosity, Princess Celestia. If there is anything I can do to assist in any matter, feel free to call upon me."

"I trust I will not be required to do so, but if circumstances warrant, you will be notified. You are dismissed."

A Royal Guard unicorn escorted me and my foals to a room down a set of stairs and along another hallway. We were let in and brought a tray of food. I had to ask for assistance in feeding Stephanie, but suitable arrangements were made to accommodate her needs. I laid down on the bed which had been prepared for me and drifted off to sleep.










FIN

Author's Note:

I apologize for the multiple endings -- that's it for this story. There may be a sequel in the works for this story, but it will have to wait. Any ideas or suggestions would be welcome. Thanks again for your patience.