• Published 4th Dec 2012
  • 1,588 Views, 159 Comments

Falling - Angels



Reg's life is strange. But sh*t gets real when he falls into Equestria.

  • ...
10
 159
 1,588

Chapter 20

Chapter 20

I was (unexpectedly) back in my element. I was going up, which was new for me. But I suppose its the same thing, just backwards.

But anyway. Now that I had a few minuets (I'd say at least four), what just happened? I fell off the stage, check. I turned so I could land on all fours, check. Land expertly and not get launched straight up into the sky, not check. I think I see the problem here.

I notice that I'm slowing down (slowing up?), and I begin my descent. Now I'm relaxed.

Wait. Relaxed.
I realize all the other sounds from Vinyl's song are gone. And I was launched when I put out my hands. Processing. Processing.

I was launched from the waves being released from my hands. This gives me an idea. I begin to pull all nearby waves in to me. In my mind, I imagine them combining into one single wave. Now I feel only that one sound.

I force my hands below me. I don't really push the wave, just relax my mental grip on it. With a low boom, I begin going back up. This is awesome! I can practically fly!

I pull more waves and combine them, but this time, I divide the big one into smaller ones. I aim to the left. Bam! Now falling to the left, I release to the right. Bam! I roll over. Bam! Now I'm falling down much faster than before.

Using this new means of transportation, I locate Vinyl's field. Kind of hard to miss, really. Now falling towards it, I realize something. Landing. After thinking for a moment, I divide waves into minuscule size, only enough to push me about a foot left or right. As soon as I'm close enough, I start releasing them rapid-fire. Yes! It's working! I begin to slow down, until I'm barely moving at all. I stop the waves, and twist my legs down for a perfect landing. Hearing the thump, Vinyl emerges from her house, her eyes red.

[authors note. Yes I know her eyes are normally red, but this time it's because of crying.]

"Oh thank Celestia! Where did you go?" She runs over to me. I crouch down next to her. Had she been...crying?

"Vinyl? Are you ok?"

"Am I ok? Am I ok? You fell off the buckin stage and flew into the buckin air faster than I could say 'buck'! I thought you died! I thought you fell off my stage and died!" She grabs me in a hug.

I'm shocked. First of all because from what I knew of the DJ, she almost never showed much emotion. Second of all, because I wasn't used to any kind of serious emotion towards me.

She releases me from her grip. "Where did you go? And how did you even do that? All I saw was you go over, and then there was a 'whoom!' sound, and you streaked up in a blur!"

I explain to her what happened. Once again, she picks up her jaw, and hugs me again. "Weren't you scared? Falling is one of the scariest things ever!"

"Are you kidding? Falling is the best thing ever!"

"Well, if you say so."

It was getting near dinner time, and I said good bye to Vinyl, getting hugged several times in the process. As I step onto the cobblestone road, I remember that I don't have to walk. Smiling, I pull in nearby sounds. After combining and splitting them, I jump forwards.
Whoom!
Having aimed at an angle, I shoot across the town in an arc, releasing small waves when needed. I nearly take out what must be Rainbow Dash. My suspicions are confirmed when she follows me.

"Quinn? How are-you don't have any wing-what?" I was getting that a lot.
Making sure she can see, I point up. I release a pretty big wave, shooting up so fast it almost hurts. Rainbow quickly joins me.

"How are you flying? You don't have any wings!"

"Oh, it's nothing special." I reply with a smile. I reach the apex of my flight. Quickly finding the library, I aim myself at it.
3...2...1...
"It's just MAH BASS CANNON!"