• Published 4th Dec 2012
  • 1,588 Views, 159 Comments

Falling - Angels



Reg's life is strange. But sh*t gets real when he falls into Equestria.

  • ...
10
 159
 1,588

Chapter 19

Chapter 19

During our trek back to Ponyville, we deiced that I won't use my magic in town until I have more control over it. Twilight also suggests that I write a letter to the princess to keep her updated.

My letter:

Dear Princess Celestia,

You were correct. I do have magic inside me. And it is sound-related. The Doctor activated it from its inactive state inside me, and I have become more aware of sounds around me. That is, I can 'see' the sounds. Not only that, but I can mentally absorb them, and push them away. Twilight Sparkle and I have just returned from the Everfree forest, where I discovered I could 'push' a sound with so much force that it became destructive. The pushed sound tore up the ground and seemed to dissolve large objects. I will be extremely cautious.
Quinn.

I handed the scroll to Spike, and with a spurt of green flame, it was sent.

"Well, that's done. Now Quinn, lets make some lists of what we know."

Ugh.

* * *
<Celestia's observatory>

Her kingdom below her, the princess of the sun looked at it with pride. A thousand years, and she had kept the peace flawlessly.

A whoosh interrupted her thoughts, as a scroll fizzled into existence.

'A letter from Twilight? Hmmmm...'
She magically opened the letter.

'Ah! From the human. Quinn. Lets see...'

She read it once, twice, and a third time. A look of worry fell upon her face. Destructive forces? Being used by an alien being with knowledge of the future? After thinking for a moment, she had come to a decision. Standing up, she began to descend to her own library.

'Dear Quinn...'

* * *

<back in Ponyville>

Done with my afternoon nap, I take a walk in the market. The locals seem less and less afraid of me each day.

I walk to the edge of town, thinking about things. Specifically the future. If this world follows the story line, then I'm still in season 1. Somewhere in the first half of it. That means Nightmare Moon has been defeated, and the elements know who they are. I'm not sure if anypony else knows who they are, though. So I won't go shouting about it.

But, season 1 means there's still Discord, The Changelings, and King Sombra. My guess is that none of them have ever seen a human before, either. Before I fell into this world, I never was able to help in any big ways. But here...it's a whole new game. And I know all the rules.

I get so lost in thought that I don't notice the rock that decides to trip me. I do notice, however, the ground I hit with my face. As I begin to get up, I see a pair of white hooves. And they are attached to the body of a pony.

A pony named Vinyl Scratch.

* * *

"Woah! You ok there? Whatever you are?"
I get to my feet. Vinyl suddenly has to look up instead of down.

"Ow...yeah. I'm ok." She looks kind of surprised when I speak.

"Good. Like I said, what in Celestia's name are you? You look like a mon-"

"No. I'm not a monkey." That's the fifth time, I think. "I'm a human. Quinn. And you're Vinyl Scratch. DJ PON-3."

Her face was priceless! After picking her jaw up and dusting it off, she gave me the usual.

"Wha-how do yo-I mean-like-WHAT?"

"Lets just say I know a lot of things. For now, that's all I should really say. But I am glad I ran into you. You see..." I proceeded to explain my sound magic. By the time I was done, she had removed her goggles, and her eyes were huge.

"Oh my Celestia! C'mon! Lets go to my place!"

I follow Vinyl to a house on the very edge of town. She leads me through a swamp of cables and sound equipment. She opens the door to her backyard. Ways to describe the 'yard': football field. Her house was on the edge of town for a reason. Concerts.

As I recover from the sheer size of it, Vinyl is plugging in speakers, flipping switches, and pushing buttons. "Hey! Human! C'mon!" I snap out of my daze, and walk across what I now know is a stage.

"So you can absorb sounds? And direct them? And even see them?" I nod. "I'm jealous. Even I can't see sound... But anyway! What does this look like?" She pushes a button, and the speakers burst to life, pumping out a mild electronic song. I close my eyes, then open them again.

What I see is beautiful.

The waves I had been seeing up to this point were just single sounds, like a handclap, or a word. But the waves flowing out of those speakers had color, shape, and everything else in between. I gasped. Noticing this, Vinyl turns it way down. "Quinn? Are you ok?"

"Yes! I'm fine! Turn it back up! It's amazing!"

Oh my god. It looked like the air was water. Rainbow water.

The song ended, and I just looked at the white unicorn. "I can't even begin to tell you what that was like. It was...amazing."

"In that case, prepare yourself! I'm a bringin da wubs!" What I heard next sounded like dubstep. But what I saw...here. Let me make a list.

1. Low sounds are darker.
2. Loud sounds are less transparent.
3. Wubs look like a freaking laser being blasted out of the speakers. In color.

After telling Vinyl this, I asked for a song with very low bass. She selected a cd, and once it started, I pulled the waves in.

They felt alive. I could see them inside me, trapped. It felt GOOD!

Thinking back to when I blasted sound in the forest, I focused out into the sky, over the trees but not straight up. Raising my hand, I pushed one of the low sounds. Instantly, the wave shot out of my palm like a laser. It was accompanied with a sound so low that it was felt more than heard. Vinyl gasped. "What the buck? What was that?"

"I pushed one of the sounds from the music. Don't worry, I didn't hit anything. It went-"

"I saw it. It came out of your hand."
Huh? I thought only I could see it? But she only saw it when I pushed.

I began pacing back and forth on the stage.

Well, magic can be seen. When a unicorn uses magic, their horn glows. But I don't have a horn, so then wha-

Once again, I hadn't been looking where I was walking, and fell off the edge of the raised stage. And fell. As a prepared to land, I put my hands out.

That was when I flew straight up into the air.

And fell. Again.