• Published 4th Dec 2012
  • 1,583 Views, 159 Comments

Falling - Angels



Reg's life is strange. But sh*t gets real when he falls into Equestria.

  • ...
10
 159
 1,583

Chapter 28

<the next day>

I awoke to the sounds of the forest around me. It felt good to just relax for a while. Yesterday's events had been troubling to say the least. My presence was having a bigger effect than I originally thought. And if the pattern continues, King Sombra will be much worse than the last two.

That reminded me that I had no idea how long it would be until the Crystal Empire returned. It could be days, weeks, or today! I would guess about a week, though. Just a gut feeling.

I wasn't sure I wanted to even observe the empire, in case Sombra WAS much more violent and powerful. But as the cause for this, it was my duty to make sure it was as accurate as possible.

My fight with the Changelings had revealed that I had physical prowess as well as magical. I added runs to my routine, and started practicing punches and kicks on wave-formed dummy opponents (both human AND ponies).

* * *

Every day, I would go up in the sky and just fall for a while. Not anywhere in particular, just falling. It helped me think.

One day, I went especially high. And I saw it. To the north, in the snowy part of Equestria. A glittering tower, rising above all.

Damn. That was, what? A week? A week and a half? This shit was happening so fast.

I decided to wait. No need to go shooting off into the snow, right? Aw, fuck it. I shot myself in a loopy curve before heading north.