• Published 15th Nov 2012
  • 2,356 Views, 125 Comments

Awakening - blazikenking



One Thorsday morning, I woke up as my OC. This should be interesting.

  • ...
7
 125
 2,356

The Unnamed Second Chapter

Turning left just outside my room, I noticed something: The radio in the front room said that it was almost 10 AM. While I was quietly mourning the loss of perfect attendance and not thinking much about what might be in my way, I tripped over something at the end of the hall. I would have normally recovered, but being unfamiliar with the quadrupedal format, that didn’t happen. My face had apparently set up a date with the floor considering how the two sped towards and embraced each other. The relationship seemed rather abusive though, seeing as the floor was hurting my face so much.

After managing to get up, I turned to look at what tripped me and saw 2 things: my crowbar laying there with the body of it at an angle, just barely long enough to stay in place against the arch after tripping on it, and a folded up piece of paper under it. Being the sensible person that I am, I blamed the paper for making me trip. Seeing as the offending item was folded and obviously hiding a message from me, I pulled it towards me with a hoof and managed to unfold it, revealing a message from mom.

Dear Adam-

I know that you’re a pony now. Dad doesn’t because he left around 6:30 to get breakfast and go to work.
After I heard something hit your floor, I started waking up. Once I was up and about, I went to see what it was that fell and saw you there on the floor. Initially, I didn’t think it was you, but after looking around your room a bit, and thinking about the recent news, I figured it out.
Did you know that you’re much lighter now? I managed to pick you up and put you back in bed. I’m sure you can figure out who wrapped your blanket around you. Anyways, I put some food on a plate on the chair that the King (nickname for one of our cats) likes to play under.
I was scheduled for 12 hours today, but I’ll see if I can talk them into letting me work just 8. I figure you could use some help at some point, but I’m sure you’ll be fine on your own.

-Mom

P.S. I attached a ball and string to both sides of the front door so you can get in and out more easily.

P.P.S. Check your horn.

Well, that was nice of her. If all goes well, she should be home around 5:00. I still blame the paper for making me trip though. I was about to head to the bathroom to check my horn, but my stomach reminded me that there was food nearby, redirecting my focus. While going around to the front of the chair, I worked out how to go about getting my body high enough so that eating comfortably wouldn’t be an issue. I just had to have my back legs on the ground while my front legs rested on the chair. Simple enough, right?

After 15 minutes of trials (including at least 3 backward falls. The floor seems to love me right now), I managed to get into position and saw my brunch: a peanut butter and banana sandwich, some apple slices, and a bowl I usually use for ramen filled with water.

The apple slices were easy enough to eat, seeing as I just had to pluck them up with my mouth. They were very tasty, more so than I remember apple slices being before. Must have something to do with being a pony.

The sandwich was more difficult though, seeing as it was made with hands in mind. After poring over the sandwich, I suddenly remembered a scene from The Ticket Master when Twilight was getting some lunch at a cafe. She had ordered a sandwich and held it with her front hooves like one would hold a sandwich normally. Deciding to step out onto a metaphorical limb, I reached out with both front hooves and attempted to grab the sandwich. To my pleasant surprise, I was now holding the sandwich. To my pleasant surprise, it wasn’t just peanut butter and banana, but also honey. I was so amazed by the flavor that I completely forgot to wonder how I was holding it at all; probably a good thing considering what centipede's dilemma would have done. The water also went down in a similar manner, and I enjoyed every bit of it.

Once I finished my brunch, I remembered that mom had mentioned something about checking my horn. Being inquisitive about this appendage, I went into the bathroom to check in the mirror on the door. What I saw brought a sparkle to my eyes. I saw my ring up there right around the middle on the horn, just as I remembered it with its 2 black stones, silver metal, and modest style. While I was glad to see that it had not vanished, I didn’t want to wear it the wrong way, so I made my way back to my room and took great care to remove the ring and place it on my dresser next to some Lego figures I had made before.

Once that was done, I sat down and thought about what I should do next. Anything that involved my lego collection was not an option, seeing as they weren’t designed with hooves in mind. I could go out, but I live in an area with deer, and it was hunting season. I did not want to risk my hide going out there. Cleaning and such, something I would sometimes do when bored, was also not an option. I had too much energy to sleep. I might as well try my hoof at the laptop. I do have a couple pens around my room, so I could use one of them to type with.

I moved my 3DS with my mouth (not necessarily a pleasant experience) onto one of the plastic drawer towers before I opened my laptop to get to the welcome screen. I found, through experimentation, that I could use my hoof to move the mouse via the touchpad.

At least my laptop still likes me.

…Was that a bit of machine empathy just now? I know Technia’s good with machines (I should know that. I made her), but I didn’t know that she was empathetic with them. Freaky, but cool. Could be useful. I wonder if it works on vehicles?

Catapulting those thoughts aside, I refocused on why I was at the computer in the first place: to use Steam chat to inform some friends of the change. This should be interesting.