• Published 15th Nov 2012
  • 2,356 Views, 125 Comments

Awakening - blazikenking



One Thorsday morning, I woke up as my OC. This should be interesting.

  • ...
7
 125
 2,356

My Girlfriend is Now My Marefriend

I had another lucid dream that night. But instead of just Technia, I also saw another familiar unicorn mare. I swear I recognized her from somewhere, but I couldn’t figure it out. The two seemed to be rather good friends, and were chatting merrily about something, though I couldn’t tell what. There seemed to be a bubble of some kind around them that muffled all sounds from inside. I tried shouting to get their attention, but they didn’t seem to hear me.

I called forth a giant mallet and tried to use it on the bubble, but the mallet just bounced back in the direction it came from, somehow leaving a crater on the dreamscape surface. I tried heavy artillery next, along with a failed backstab attempt (how do you backstab something that effectively has no back?), sticky bombs, and a giant steamroller. None of these did anything. Out of desperation, I picked up a frying pan and started smacking the bubble with it. I’m not sure if it was from the earlier attacks or that the frying pan was the bubble’s one weakness, but cracks started forming in it and the unicorns inside reacted to the sound and repairs were quickly commenced. Repairs that proved to be rather fruitless when I got a second frying pan and started using them like drumsticks until I made my way through the bubble. The mares inside noticed my entry and looked at me as I approached them.

“So, why am I having a lucid dream this time? Am I going to become a different pony?”

Technia chuckled at this. “Nope. You’ll still have my body. Amanthera here is coming over, and it just so happens that the one who will be turning into her is the girl you’re with.”

I think there were a few audible gear clicks as my brain worked on processing the new information. “Ah, I know where I recognize you from! You’re her OC! But why am I seeing you here now?”

“Oh, hello, and to answer your question, I HAVE NO IDEA!.”

“I’ll accept that answer for now. So, why was I only able to break the shield with frying pans?”

“Possibly because they are an overpowered weapon, and they can destroy anything if hit enough times.”

“A giant 6 foot blade on fire is overpowered, especially if it can turn into a gun. But still, why are you in my dream?”

“The best idea I can come up with is that you’re somehow in the way, but that doesn’t make sense as there’s no physical barriers.”

“Well then, how about I wake up and call this dream over?”

“Fine with me.”

“Then someone please hit me really hard with something.”

“Sure thing.” Amanthera said as she took the frying pans out of my grip and whacked me over the head with them, thus knocking me out. I didn’t wake up, but the rest of my dreams were normal. At least as normal as one can get with something like Team Fortress 2.

I woke up in the morning and noticed a few things:

1: I had somehow been assimilated into the pillow swarm on Jenny’s bed (again).

2: I was being used as a pillow.

Because I was being used as a pillow by someone I really cared about, I was stuck there with no hope of getting up anytime soon. Fortunately, technology came to my aid because I heard an alarm go off. I thought a bit on what it could be for, then remembered that Jenny has work in the mornings. I should be able to get up soon.

I felt her move to get at her alarm, which happened to be behind me. Rebelling against my nature just a bit, I moved out from under Jenny’s head before things could get too awkward. This had the unintended effect of accelerating her wake up speed.

I gave her a quiet “sorry.” Fluttershy would have been proud of the volume I used.

“It’s ok, let me just turn off this annoying alarm first.”

“Did you catch a cold or something? your voice sounds a bit different than I remember.”

“No, I feel fine actually.”

An idea came across my mind. “Alright then. Just be careful with your alarm.”

“Ok?” Due to the darkness of the room and having just woken up, I couldn’t see much of anything. I could tell though that there was some clacking noise around where the alarm clock was. Eventually, the alarm quieted, but this was accompanied by a cracking sound. “That didn’t sound too good.”

“What was that?”

“Do you want me to prepare the funeral for your alarm?”

“How did my alarm clock break?”

“It certainly wasn’t one of my hooves.”

“So, somehow I did that. But I don’t have enough force to break something like that.”

“Try clasping your fingers together.”

“Ok...”

I kept silent as my suspicions were confirmed when I heard some hard clacking. This was swiftly followed by a heavy silence as a metaphorical ton of unflavored ramen (THE HORROR!) crashed upon Jenny’s mind.

“Seems I was right. Welcome to the quadruped club. Do you have any horns or wings you’d like to register as well?”

“Wait, wait, wait, no, no, this cannot be happening. This cannot be happening!”

“You know, you sound like a stereotypical villain whose plans that he was so confident couldn’t be stopped just got stopped. I’d slap some sense into you, but it’s not in my nature to do that and I can’t see you. Also, I think a slap with hooves would hurt.”

“Wait, let me just turn on my lamp first, IF I can.”

“Just be careful.”

There was a bit of rustling as some stuff on the stand was moved by her hoof, but eventually a button on the base of the lamp clicked on and with it came light. With the light, I saw a unicorn shaped mare who seemed to absorb almost all of the light spectrum.

“Whoa, this is a little freaky. I never knew that I would actually turn into a pony, let alone a unicorn.”

I took a moment to look her over. “You look like your OC, if a bit more detailed. Speaking of whom, I had a lucid dream last night and she was passing through. Also, I somehow became your pillow.”

“Really? You had a dream about Amanthera? Mind I ask what she said? And can you please get out from under me, because it’s getting a little awkward.”

“Very well.” I dashed out from under her and promptly found myself acting as a bridge between the nation of Jenny’s bed and the wall dwellers. If I were crazy enough, I would have felt toll booths being build on me, but I’m more sane than that. In reality, my horn had been accidentally implanted in the wall.

“Aww, my wall. Oh well, I was going to repaint it anyway. I was getting tired of that light purple color. And that flower decal is a little bit too girly for me now that I’m older. Anyway, thanks for moving, now all I have to do is try and get down onto the floor.”

“What about me? You can’t just forget about recently installed infrastructure. After all, bridges need proper support, and I don’t have enough.”

It would appear that my plight went unheard and I heard a soft thump from the other side of the bed. It would appear that Jenny had just made her first landing. It was rather fortunate that her cat fur infused carpet softened the landing. Unfortunately, that also meant that I would probably be here for a while.

***Jenny***

“Well that went well” I thought to myself as I was sprawled out on the ground. “I should really vaccuum this floor more often, because there is cat hair everywhere.”

“Is everything ok over there?” Adam called out.

“What? Oh yes, everything’s fine, it’s just hard getting out of bed on four legs instead of two.”

“I’ll let you get used to walking around. I’m going to try and get back to sleep. Being a bridge is tiring work.”

“Wait, before I do that, can you tell me what time it is?”

“I’d say your alarm went off about 5-10 minutes ago. That aside, I’ll just forward your question to Medic.”

“Shoot. Ok, can you hand me my phone, because I want to call my boss and see if I can call in a sick day, I don’t really want him to see me like this just yet.”

“Why not wait for your mom? She’s better at using her hands than I am right now. But if you can pull me out of this wall, I could magic it over to you.”

I considered my options of either calling my mom and going through a long discussion of how I got like this, or pull Adam out of my wall and make him help me with getting my phone. I decided to go with the latter option and try to jump up back onto my bed. I tried to turn around on my wobbly legs (because I had only about 45 seconds of use on record), but everytime I turned a little, I kept falling back down.

“I guess gravity loves me a little too much right now, since it really wants me on the ground.”

“Don’t worry. Once your legs get tired of being sprawled out and start connecting with your brain’s motor sections, you’ll be able to partially break up with gravity. I think. At least that’s how it went with me.”

After a few more falls, I had successfully positioned myself facing my bed, and now all I needed to do now was to get on my hind legs, and climb up. This was challenging because of me still not being used to four legs, and I fell a lot more. After about 7 tries, I had finally gotten up on my bed, and began to move around Adam over to my phone.

***Adam***

“Why do I feel like I’m being ignored?”

***Jenny***

After multiple failed attempts at getting my phone, I finally decided to try and get Adam out of my wall. It was not that easy because trying to use hooves as hands does not work that well. After having slightly loosened Adam from the wall, I worked up the courage to bite down on his tail and pulled. It would seem I used a bit too much force as he flew for half a second before landing on the carpet. I made my way over to him to see if he was alright.

“How could you have slept through that!?”

About 3 seconds later, Adam stood up and stretched. “With my eyes closed. That aside, I was faking it. Your reaction was priceless. So, now that we are both thoroughly awake, I think you could use some walking lessons.”

“Just let me call my boss first, and then I will.”

“I’m guessing you need my help with that?”

“Yes I do, you are the one with the most magic experience.”

“Alright then. Just tell me the numbers.” Adam used his telekinesis to pull my phone over, and used my horn to open it.

I told him the number and he then proceeded to dial by using my horn before he put the phone near my ear. I waited for a while until I heard my boss’s voice. I then told him that I wasn’t feeling that well and that I believed that I couldn’t go into work that day. He noted that my voice did sound different than normal and let me off.

“Ok, now that that’s over, I guess you can help me along with my walking skills” I told Adam as he hung up the phone (guess what he used). “But let’s try and be a little quiet, because I don’t want to wake up my mom or my sister.”

“The carpet should help keep the noise down.” Adam put his fedora on, then looked around until he saw the Coach hat I wore not too long ago and put that on top of his current hat. “Ready?”

“Lets do this.”

Let’s just say that I fell down a lot. I wasn’t really that good because of me just turning into a pony overnight, and I didn’t have that much room because the upstairs is kind of small in my house.

“Hey Adam, should we go downstairs? Because the living room has a lot more space to walk around in instead of my room.”

“The defense has no objections. I’ll go down first just in case your legs decide to play that one about falling down the stairs.”

“Ok, thanks.”

We proceeded out into the hall and Adam went down the stairs first. I watched him walk down the stairs, and he seemed to have it down. “That doesn’t look too hard, but then again, I have just begun to walk.” I thought to myself as he reached the bottom of the staircase. “Ok Jenny, lets do this.” I put down my forehooves on the edge of the floor above the top step and felt myself shake a bit. I then proceeded to put my left forehoof on the top step, followed by the right forehoof on the next step down. As soon as I tried to put one of my back hooves on a step, it didn’t go too well. I fell down the stairs (isn’t that a surprise?) and landed on Adam.

“Sorry about that, I guess I still have a lot of things to learn, don’t you think?”

“Eeyup. At least I served my purpose and didn’t get impaled.”

***Adam***

It took a bit of time, but once we were downstairs, we made our way to the expansive living room. Jenny got the hang of walking around faster than I did. I don’t know why that was so, but I’m guessing that it had something to do with the fact that I was wearing 2 hats. Once her walking lessons were finished, small jumps were covered next with the couches in the room. It was only after we finished at around 6:00 that bit that we both noticed something: we were hungry. We would have just gone to the kitchen for something, but there was suddenly a series of forceful knocks on the front door. And from what I could see through the glass by the door, there was a group of people there, most of which were wearing black or other dark colors.

“Why do I have a feeling something bad is about to happen?”

Author's Note:

No, this is not an illusion. Awakening is back. And it returns with a cliffhanger. I know what's going to happen next, along with a couple friends. Big thanks goes to UnknownNinja1993 for her assistance in this and later chapters.

Also, who here (aside from me) has ever had unflavored ramen?