• Published 7th Nov 2012
  • 1,410 Views, 51 Comments

The Day Of Red Sky - Spell Bound



Spell Bound discoveres who is father is, and eventually, Equestria itself burns.

  • ...
3
 51
 1,410

Interim 2

Celestia waited in the Golden Oak library for Rainbow Dash to arrive. She Intended to lecture her on taking action without stopping and thinking things through. She was deeply disappointed in the Bearer of Loyalty, but her disappointment was drowned by her worry for her adoptive son.

Everything she was working to achieve could come crashing down now. She could only hope that Twilight and Applejack could be successful in consoling him. She heard a slight shuffle behind her and found Rainbow Dash entering the library biting her lip, worried. "And well she should be" thought Celestia.

"Rainbow Dash."

"Ye.....yes princess?" Rainbow swallowed nervously.

"Come here. We need to talk, but I need to return to Canterlot. So you're coming with me." Rainbow slowly walked over to the princess her heart beating in her chest. A golden magic aura enveloped her and the princess, and in a blinding white flash they were gone from the library.

It was at this moment Spike's body decided it was time to wake up. He walked down the stairs and immediately covered his eyes to stop his eyes from being damaged. When he lowered his claws he saw the library in total chaos. Books where everywhere from Celestia's teleportation. "Awww man, so much for a good breakfast." Spike got to cleaning grumbling that all the mares in this country seem incapable of keeping a room clean.

==================================

Rainbow Dash sat behind the throne hiding as Celestia dealt with the few nobles that had come in to talk to her. After they saw that she was upset with something, her advisers thought it best to end the session shortly and left the room with the nobles making sure no one would bother them unless Equestria was attacked.

"Come out Rainbow Dash." Rainbow quietly crept out from behind the throne and walked down the steps so she was in front of the throne and Celestia. "I cannot begin to say how disappointed I am Rainbow. I'd have thought you would have learned to think things through before taking action."

"But princess...he's....

"Discord's son. I know. I've always known."

"But...why did you..."

"Look after him? At first it was to see if those born of chaos, and Chaotic and evil from the beginning. By raising him I learned this is not the case. While the chaos magic they posses is just that, chaotic, most do not let it consume them. I have come to the conclusion that even Discord was not evil originally. But he had to become so to fulfil his duty has spirit of chaos. Be thankful that he kept his playful spirit instead of a burning vengeance."

"But why didn't you tell anyone about who his father was?"

"Because of exactly how you reacted Rainbow. The nobles would fear him, shun him. Maybe even try to kill him. And the rest of the nation, they would be up in arms if they knew a potential spirit of chaos was inheriting the title of prince. I raised him Rainbow. He may not be my son biologically, but he is the closest thing I have to one. I couldn't bear the thought of losing him."

"I'm.....I'm so sorry princess.....I should have thought before taking action. He tried telling me something, but I didn't listen. I was so angry....I was so afraid. I thought he might try to betray you....I never even thought..." The rest of her sentence was left unsaid as a massive shockwave swept through Equestria. "WHAT THE BUCK WAS THAT!" Rainbow yelled out!

"Rainbow, Language. I intend to find ....out?" Celestia looked out the window her eyes wide with shock and fear. Rainbow noticed the lighting of the room seemed to turn darken and seemed red. When she looked out she saw why. The sky itself turned red. An echoing laugh bounced across Equestria, and fire began to rain from the sky. "Rainbow....get to the tower. I'll write a letter to your friends. We're going to need the Elements of harmony."

"Yes princess." Rainbow rushed out of the room worried.

"Faust help us....." Celestia whispered under her breath.