• Published 7th Nov 2012
  • 1,409 Views, 51 Comments

The Day Of Red Sky - Spell Bound



Spell Bound discoveres who is father is, and eventually, Equestria itself burns.

  • ...
3
 51
 1,409

Prologue

Dayflow.

A kingdom on the other side of the world from Equestria. Very few within Equestria knew about Dayflow, and vice versa. One of those who did was Spell Bound.

For years he had been searching for answers. Clues. And now he was close to finding them. Being Celestia's adopted son allowed him to have an escort from the ranks of the Dayflow army. And he had quickly become fast friends with the commander, Bladestorm Blizzard.

"So tell me Bladestorm, you have a family back home?" Spell asked as they sat around a camp fire. Night had fallen upon the group.

"Aye Spell. I have a family. Well.....most of one, My wife died several years back, but I have a son."

"Oh? Whats his name?"

"Dream. Dream Blizzard." Bladestorm smiled to himself thinking about him. "He's got his mother's eyes, and my wings. Very tough lad, but intelligent too. Why, I reckon just a year till he gets into University."

"Well then, he must have gotten his mothers intelligence as well eh captain!" Called one of the guards teasing their leader. All of them broke out laughing, including Bladestorm.

"Aye. That seems to be. But I can still out smart ya Mr Cherry Flower." Teased Bladestorm back.

"Captain I asked you not to call me by my Middle and Last name....it's embarrassing."

"I think that was the point mon ami." Chuckled Spell. "Well. Who's got first watch? We need to sleep. We make the last leg of our journey tomorrow."

"I reckon Mr Flower is up to the task. Well go on lad. Get with ya." 'Mr Flower' left the fire grumbling as his captain chuckled and his comrades prepared their sleeping equipment. "Well good night Spell. And remember to write when ya go back to Equestria."

"I shall Bladestorm. But that may not be for a while." With that the group let sleep consume them till first light.

====================

The group awoke at first light and set out. It was now noon and the the ruins they where after were in sight.

"There we are lads! Almost there. When we get back drinks for everypony! On the councils tab!" Bladestorm called out, recieving a cheer from the guards under his command. Slowly but surely the entered the ruins with Spell and Bladestorm in the lead until the reached a huge chamber.

In the middle of the chamber was a pool. Spell quickly identified it as a sorcery pool, used for creating new creatures. He explained that they were used before Discord's time, when nopony had the power of chaos to create new things. Since then they became disused and the art of creation and conjuration was lost., presumably burned after Discord's reign came to an end.

They quickly left the chamber and found another room. Inside where several papers and books. Spell went up to what looked to be a journal and began reading out loud.

"Day 89. The fools still haven't realized I'm here. And with this sorcery pool I can create my creatures of chaos, with out using my chaos magic to attract attention. Oh how I loathe hiding. But since my Daughter Screwball was born it has become necessary. I must say I am surprised. I was expecting her to be more.....Draconequus like. Instead she's an Earth pony. But I can already tell she has my love for chaos. Wonder how her mother is doing? Probably not very happy with me. Or that he child is as chaos loving as I."

"This......journal.....its Discords..."

"That big old chaos guy you told us about?" Bladestorm asked.

"Yes.....I wonder what else it says." Spell mused before going back to reading.

"Day 125. Still undiscovered. Plus it seems I may have two sons. I'm unsure what race they will be. The mother of one suspects that hers will be a pegasus. The mother of the other is still unsure. I don't blame her. What will he be. Unicorn? Draconequus? Alicorn? Changeling? Who knows. I certainly don't."

"Day 193: My son's are born. The younger is a pegasus as his mother predicted. And the older....oh I'm so proud. He's a Unicorn. But he has such magical ability. I can sense it even though he's only a foal. And his hoof.....it can use chaos magic! He has more of my blood in him than any of his siblings. I'm naming the Pegasus Dawn Star. And the unicorn I'm gonna name....That's gonna have to wait. They've discovered me. Need to hide my children and Myself."

"Hmmm.....A unicorn child with chaos magi.....no. No that's just silly. I'm sure I'm wrong." Spell began sweating afraid to read what he was about to.

"Whats wrong Spell? Why'd ya stop reading?"

"No reason Bladestorm. I'll get back to reading."

"Day 200. I...I can't keep them. If they find out who they are they won't stand a chance. Celestia wouldn't let them grow. I'm sure of it. She doesn't like chaos anymore. She's all about order. Yeuch. Anyway....I have no choice but to send them through time. It'll take most of my energy leaving me vulnerable. My reign ends today. But I shall Return. Good Luck Screwball, Dawn Star. And good luck to you most of all my Unicorn child. Could luck Sp...."

"NO! It.....can't be!"

"Woah! Calm down Spell whats wrong with ya?"

"My.....my father........its.....its him........no that can't be.....Celestia would have told me....she would have known....." Spell continues muttering to himself shaking. Bladestorm looked at the papers that caused this. his eyes widened at the last two words on the page, and read them out to himself quietly.

"Spell Bound." Bladestorm continued to stare at the pages, and then looked back to Spell, who was still having a breakdown. "But...that can't be. You ain't chaotic. You're orderly. How?"

"But.....it's true.....I have chaos magic.........chaos follows me........but it can't.....Celestia would have known.....she would have told me. Wouldn't she?" Shaken the the very core, Spell began to question everything his adoptive mother had told him.

A/N Heyoo everypony. This is my second work and a prequel to My Little Pony: The lands of time. How is it a prequel? Time shall tell. I hope you enjoy it. I can promise lots of chaos in later chapters. in fact, you better prepare for a big old storm of it.