• Published 7th Nov 2012
  • 1,409 Views, 51 Comments

The Day Of Red Sky - Spell Bound



Spell Bound discoveres who is father is, and eventually, Equestria itself burns.

  • ...
3
 51
 1,409

The Dreams

Spell woke with a start. It had been months since he returned from Dayflow, but that memory continued to haunt him. He got out of bed and walked over to the window and looked up to the moon. Smiling to himself he glanced over to the beautiful mare in his bed. He quietly went over to her and kissed her forehead.

"Sleep well my dear Applejack." Silent as the night her left the room walking downstairs. Using his magic he quickly wrapped a scarf round his neck and walked out of the house. He trotted up to a hill where he often thought to himself. Under Luna's beautiful moon he started singing a song that was dedicated to her when she returned.

"For a thousand years
I've waited here for you
Waiting every night
For I thought you were the
answer to my life

Days turned into years
and into centuries
Patience had to fade
Don't you see that there is
vengeance in my eyes?

Luna won't you cry for me
I'm as lonely as I've ever been
I am forced back into the start
Is there any way to fix a broken heart?

Infinite despise
and endless jealousy
Bottled in my soul
Has erupted as I'm
tearing through the skies" But before he could finish the song a dark form clouded the light from the moon. Looking up once more he saw Luna descending towards him.

"Hello Auntie."

"Greetings Spell Bound. Why are you here this fine night? Should you not be asleep?"

Sighing Spell nodded. "I should, but I can't."

"What troubles you nephew?"

"What I discovered in Dayflow.....and what happened afterwards. It won't stop haunting me."

"Why don't you tell me?"

"I can't tell you what I've discovered....not yet.....but I guess if i told you what else is troubling it could help.

----------------------------------------------------------------

A week had passed since they made the discovery. Spell had only just recovered from the shock, but was still very upset. They had to spend the week their because he refused to leave, searching through every single journal trying to find something to disprove that he was Discord's son, when he found something new.

"Time Turners?"

"BAH!" Bladestorm spat out. "Those Alicorns brought nothing but trouble. Brought chaos to our land they did."

"But according to this that was because of....'father'.....If only i could meet one of them."

"Well that's not possible. They're dead."

"Au contraire mon capitan. If they where dead with out passing on their powers time itself would be dead. And we know this is not true. No, they are still alive. Their body forms may have been destroyed but they still live. And we are going to meet one."

"WHAT! ARE YOU PLANNING TO BRING CHAOS BACK TO THIS LAND!"

"No. If any chaos is left in the one we bring back I shall absorb it. Dispel it. And we are going to start with the one that was know for her generosity. Future."

"Your mad my friend. Simply mad!"

"And you wouldn't have it any other way Bladestorm."

"Nay. I wouldn't. Glad to see you back to your self Spell. Come on then. Lets get this disaster filled enterprise over and done with."

The group wandered around the forest gathering things at Spell's command. They where all glad to see he was back with them in mentally, but they were slightly worried about his determination he had. The letter they received from Celestia warned that if he got determined about something to be careful. He often neglected proper safety to achieve his goal.

"SPELL! I'VE FOUND IT!" Shouted out Mr Flower, as everypony in the group now called him. He trotted up to Spell delicately carrying a flower in his mouth.

"The Night Blossom. Good." He levitated it out of Mr Flowers mouth and placed it in his saddle bags. "OK everypony. We need to head back to the ruins." Turning round with out another word he began the trek back to the ruins.

"That lad is gonna be the ruin of us." Bladestorm muttered under his breath. "Come on boy's! You heard the Prince. Back we go."

"I told you not to call me a prince Bladestorm!" Spell called over his shoulder.

"Well ya are, so I am gonna to call you prince."

"Fine then Bladesy" Spell called back using the nickname he knew Bladestorm hated. He smiled in satisfaction as he heard him groan and then yell at his troops saying if any of them started calling him that he would whip them with their own livers.

Gradually they made their way back to the ruins where Spell trotted up to the sorcery pit. "Right. Put the ingredients over there." Spell said gesturing over to a table near by with his hoof. Once everything he required was on it he ushered everypony out except Bladestorm.

"Why am I here?" Bladestorm asked confused?

"Because I am gonna need help. Come on. Lets get to work."

Several hours of crushing, mixing, pouring and magic imbuing they where finally ready to start using the sorcery pit. They carefully poured everything into the pool, and Spell's horn started to glow green as he used his magic to mix the pool start the rites to attract the attention of future's spirit. His eyes closed in determination and concentration, and only opened them when he heard Bladestorm gasped. Looking at him he followed his gaze to a body forming in the pool. "Good." Spell thought to himself, "It's working. Not long know......just need the spirit."

Right on cue a Wisp started to float down. As it neared the pool it started to throw of huge amount of energy hitting Spell and Bladestorm. Bladestorm was knocked backwards, but Spell had expected this and dug his hind legs into the ground so he wouldn't be moved. The wisp entered the body. As it stood up it took the form of a Silver Alicorn with a bright blue mane. "I.....am......S...er.....moo.....Future....." She croaked out still unused to speaking after centuries of having no body.

"Welcome future. I am Spell Bound. I have returned you to a body form for..."

"Answers." The alicorn said cutting him off. "You desire....to know......happened....father.....chaos.....water?"

"Water? What does water have to do with....oh!" Realization hit Spell has he realized she was asking for water. He levitated a water skin from Bladestorm's saddle bag and brought it over to her. "Here you go."

"Thank....you" The alicorn drank in deeply draining the water skin and let it drop to the floor. "You desire to know what happened all those years ago, and whether you are Chaos's son or not."

"That....is correct future."

"Call me....Moon for now..I shall answer part of your questions. We where corrupted. Our desire to keep time and protect our lands, was turned into a desire to misuse our powers and rule these lands in Tyranny. And for your other question. Yes. You are."

"But....then...Who is my mother?"

"I know not. What has happened to your companion." Looking over to Bladestorm he gasped seeing he was writhing in pain.

"MAKE IT STOP! IT HURTS!" Spell rushed over to him confused and began examining him.

"Bladestorm I told you to be careful...to wear that protection. A pegasus can't handle the amount of magical energy that went through you!"

"Sorry.....Friend......never was a good listener...." Spell cringed as he cried out in pain again.

"Is their anything you can do?" Spell asked Moon.

"No. Only his son can ease his pain. I shall bring him to his son."

"Beg your pardon Moon, but alicorns aren't exactly common."

"We are aware. we will take the form of a simple Unicorn. Leave him with me. Go."

Spell left before the change began head down cast. He didn't see moon change into a silver unicorn mare with a blue and peach mane, one he would see much later in his life. "Soldiers of Dayflow.....We succeed in bring back a Time Turner....unfortunately Bladestorm was hurt in the progress. The Time Turner is taking care of him. He will be brought back to his son. As for us....let us return to Hour Valley. It's time for me to go home."

Every member let their heads fall in sorrow. Spell's depressed manner showed that it was unlikely their captain would survive. They began the long walk home. When they arrived at Hour Valley Spell received a letter, written by Bladestorm.

"Dear Spell

By the time you receive this i shall be gone. Do not despair my lad. I've had a fair life. Several adventures, and i befriended the son of chaos. How many can boast that. Don't let this truth get to ya. You're a good lad. You may have chaos in your blood but you have order in your mind. Find a balance between them and you'll have harmony. Also, if you ever return to Dayflow, make sure you drop in on my son. Tell him everything i said about him. Make sure he knows i love him. I shall be watching. Ms Moon is taking part of my conscience into her, so in a way I'm not really dying. Until we meet again my dear friend, take care of your self. And if you have a son with that mare of yours, name it after me why don't ya?

Bladestorm Blizzard"

Spell couldn't help but chuckle at Bladestorms comment. Even in death he had his humor and brought a smile to his friends face. He payed his respects to to Bladestorms grave and left Dayflow.

----------------------------------------------------------

"If i had just made sure...he could still be alive....his death his on my hooves"

Luna wrapped a wing around her adopted nephew comforting the grief stricken unicorn. "You mustn't blame yourself Spell. It wasn't your fault. Don't dwell on the past, and look to the future. Although I find it strange you left out parts of your story. Don't look at me in shock, I can tell. But I know you have your reasons. Just know you can trust me."

Spell smiles slightly has his aunt nuzzled him and he gave her a hug. "Thanks you...Auntie."

"Your welcome nephew. Now return to Applejack. If she's awake she will surely be worried. And make sure you visit Canterlot soon. It's been a while since Cadence has seen her 'Brother'" Spell chuckled.

"I will. Good night Luna."

"Good night Spell." With that Luna took of again to attend to her night. Spell watched her go then trotted back to his home. When he reached his room he found Applejack still sleeping. With a smile he crawled back into bed, and dreamt dreams of his old friends smile, and foolish attitude.

"We shall meet again Bladestorm.....I Promise" He muttered to himself as sleep reclaimed him.