• Published 7th Nov 2012
  • 1,409 Views, 51 Comments

The Day Of Red Sky - Spell Bound



Spell Bound discoveres who is father is, and eventually, Equestria itself burns.

  • ...
3
 51
 1,409

The Telling

Sun had risen over Equestria, and Twilight was walking about the Library getting things ready for an experiment she was about to conduct. Once everything was ready she looked over to the window. She was worried that Rainbow Dash hadn't crashed into the Library yet asking about the Daring Do book. She shrugged and turned her attention to her experiment.

Five Minutes later Rainbow dash crashed into the library. But instead of it being with her trying a new trick and aiming her failings at the Library so she could check up on the book, this time she was filled with urgency, looking around dazed she saw Twilight working on some project, ignoring RD as she did this on a weekly basis. “The Daring Do book isn’t in yet Dashie so please stop crashing by to check.” Twilight said dismissively, but inwardly smiled, relieved that everything was still normal.

“I’m not here for that Twi. Gather the girls here. They need to learn something about Mr Bound here.”

Twilight looked around confused, and was shocked to find Spell Bound in her library as well. “Did...did you fly him here?”

“Yes”

“And crashed into the tree with him”

“Eeyup.”

“Are you ok spell?” The only response she got was a groan. “Rainbow what do you think you’re doing?”

“Get the girls here and I’ll tell you.”

Sighing Twilight quickly wrote four letters asking for the Elements of harmony to come to the library. Sending them off with a spell similar to Spike’s dragon fire she turned back to Rainbow Dash and Spell Bound. “Will you at least let me check if he’s ok?”

“Fine. Make it quick Twi.” Twilight cast an inspection spell to check Spell any serious damage. Luckily he only had a few bruises and cuts. Nothing to serious.

“He’s alright. A few cuts here and there but nothing to serious. Why did you have to drag him with you though?” Looking up at Rainbow Dash confused as why she was so suspicious of their friend.

Before either Spell, who had at this time sat up, or Rainbow Dash could answer their friends rushed in.

“What’s happening? Is there going to be a party?” Pinkie asked jumping up and down.

“Is....is someone hurt?” Fluttershy asked quietly.

“Is there some sort of horrible disaster coming?” Rarity asked worried.

“Why is mah Husband on the floor?” Applejack asked.

“I don’t know. Ask Rainbow.” Twilight said answering all of them.

“Well Rainbow? Ya better have a good explanation why mah husband is all cut up and lazing about the floor.”

“I think he’s a spy.”

Her five friends looked at her as if she grew another pair of wings out of her ears, and then laughed.

“This again darling? Remember when you thought Twilight was a spy?” Rarity asked with a chuckle.

“He has chaos magic.” Four words. Four simple words and it caused everyone to shut up. The only other ‘person’ they had encountered with chaos magic was Discord.

“Are....are you sure Rainbow? You know what that implies, seeing as...”

“....As only those with Draconequus blood can use chaos magic. She knows. So do I, should have figured it out earlier to be honest.” Spell cut in. He didn’t raised his head, just stared at the floor in front of him looking defeated.

“So....so what does that.....mean?” Fluttershy asked?

“It means that one of my parents must have been a Draconequus...” Spell said with a sigh.

“OH STOP BEATING AROUND THE BUSH SPELL! JUST TELL THEM WHO YOUR FATHER IS!” Rainbow shouted at him.

“FINE! FINE!” Spell shouted a few tears dropping down. “My father...is....is....discord.”

“What was that sugarcube?”

“Discord. My father...is Discord.” Spell answered looking down with shame.

“WHAT!?” Everyone, aside from Rainbow Dash and Spell Bound shouted.

He looked up at them seeing what he expected. Shock, horror, fear, betrayal, anger. He swallowed nervously as Rarity walked up to him, eyes glaring with anger. The next thing he knew he was lying on the floor again, his cheek burning red against his grey coat from where he was slapped.

“Because of him...Our friendship was nearly torn to shreds.....THAT JERK ALMOST DESTROYED EQUESTRIA! AND YOU’RE HIS CHILD! LIKE FATHER LIKE SON AS THE SAYING GOES!” With that Rarity turned around and stormed out of the library.

Slowly sitting up he looked up at his friends. Fluttershy had already flown away with fear and tears in her eyes. Rainbow scoffed and decided to leave as well. Pinkie Pie looked like she was about to say something, saw the hoofprint on his face, and walked out deflated, leaving only Applejack, Twilight and Spell in the library.

“Ah’m disappointed Spelly. Ah thought you’d tell me at least.” Spell looked up at his wife with despair, and as she too walked out of the library, his whole world crashed around him.

“Are you going to leave me as well Twily? I thought the two who wouldn’t care, would be you and AJ. But even AJ is disgusted by me......”

“How long have you known who your father was?”

“Not long....a month.....after years of searching I finally find out, and it ruins everything....”Standing up Spell walked over to
the door. "Cadence said....that is I could accept my heritage.....the others would too......but Rainbow didn't even give me the chance to explain." He stumbled out of the library disorientated from the slap. He wandered over to the park and sat looking down at the pond, and rubbed his face with his hoof.

==================================

Twilight had just packed up her experiment. She didn't feel in the mood anymore. After all, finding out a life-long friend is actually the spawn of a tyrant can ruin a lot of things. She turned around just as a bright light encompassed the room. She put her foreleg over her eyes so she wouldn't be blinded. When she lowered it again she found Celestia standing in the middle of the room.

"Princess?"

"Ah Twilight. Where's Spell? Has he and Rainbow arrived yet? Please tell me she hasn't done something stupid?"

"They have arrived already, and after mixed reactions to who his father was, he ran out upset. Did you know the he's....."

"Discord son? Yes. I've always known."

"But...why didn't you tell him."

"Because he needed to find out by himself. And I was afraid."

"Afraid of what?"

"I raised him like he was my own son Twilight. How would Equestria react if I was raising Discord's spawn. It was hard enough to get them to calm down about his chaos magic." At the mention of chaos magic Twilight facehoofed.

"Of course. Chaos magic. I should have figured it out earlier."

"What do you mean Twilight?"

"Well princess, I read that the only ponies to posses chaos have had Draconequus blood in them, so I should have figured out who his father was."

"There are...where more Draconequui that just Discord."

"What would have happened...if you had told him?"

"I don't know. I feared he would be taken from me, and killed by those fools that call themselves nobles. But I also feared, that if Discord broke out he would try to follow his father's footsteps."

"So you kept the truth from me for you own protection!" Both Twilight and Celestia jumped and looked towards the door to find Spell leaning against the door, still disorientated from the earlier slap. "You knew all this time! And you kept it from me? Rainbow thought I might try to betray you! But you BETRAYED ME!" With that he turned around and ran towards the Everfree forest

"Wait Spell.......you don't understand...."Celestia sat on the floor tears forming in her eyes.

"Don't worry Princess. I'll sort this out. I'll send Rainbow to you. I think you need to have words with her. I'm going to go get Applejack and see if we can help Spell." With those words said she ran out of the Library.

"Good luck.....my faithful student....." Celestia whispered to herself.

================================

Deep within the Everfree forest Spell wandered blindly tears in his eyes. He barely noticed the green fog his chaos hoof seemed to be emanating.

He stumbled to a lagoon and looked at his reflection. Upon seeing his pupil-less eyes he grew angry. He heard an unknown voice in the back of his head. "Release your anger. Accept who you are. Awaken your blood. Rain burning retribution upon those who betrayed you."

Spell tried to ignore the voice and wandered to a tree. He looked at it, then frowned, then his frown turned into a snarl. With a shout he hit the tree with his right paw. "Wait....paw?"he thought to himself. He looked at his arm, and saw it changed into a tigers paw. He then noticed the green fog starting to envelope him and more changes began. Slowly he realized what was happening. He started laughing softly.

======================================

AJ and Twi were about to enter the Everfree forest when a low chuckle emanated from the forest. It sounded a lot like Discord's chuckle. They looked at each other worried, then jumped as a energy pulse followed the chuckle. The light seemed to change colour, and as they looked up they saw the sky turn red. Their eyes widened with fear, and this fear was turned to horror, as the sky began to rain fire, and a Draconequus that wasn't Discord, appeared in the sky.