• Published 7th Nov 2012
  • 1,410 Views, 51 Comments

The Day Of Red Sky - Spell Bound



Spell Bound discoveres who is father is, and eventually, Equestria itself burns.

  • ...
3
 51
 1,410

The Acceptance

Spell wandered through the dark streets of Canterlot, Luna's beautiful moon illuminating his way. He slowly but surely made his way up the mountain city towards Canterlot Castle. His destination was the gardens, but first he wanted to pay a quick visit to his old room. Walking up towards the gates, the guards who would normally turn anypony back this hour, gave him a nod of respect and opened the door for him to pass through. Before entering he turned to the guard.

"Thank you Red Wind." He said to the guard who opened the door for him. Pride welled up within the guard at the fact the adoptive son of Equestria remembered his name. They had known each other for a little while when they were colts. Spell may have gone to Celestia’s school for gifted Unicorns, but he also spent a few years in the guard training camp, so he could look after himself on his journeys if magic failed him.

What surprised Red Wing was that the Prince bothered to remember a simple Pegasi’s name.

"It was my pleasure, my lord."

"Come now Red, I've asked you to call me Spell."

"My apologies Spell, I forget sometimes."

"It's alright. To err is Pony. To forgive." Spell and Red Wing smiled at each other, before both of them got back to their tasks. Red Wing guarding the door, Spell making his way to his room. Spell passed many Guard ponies who nodded to him in respect, until he finally entered his room. He looked around and smiled. It was a big room. A princely room. And if it seemed big to a grown pony now, it must have seemed massive for a little colt.

He wandered around the room looking over his old books, his doodles, and eventually found some his journals. He smiled and levitated them into his saddle bags. If he paid that author, Ink Quill, a visit he might find them useful. He walked out onto the balcony and looked down at the gardens. He saw the statue of Discord and his heart cringed at the irony of his placement. He looked up to the moon and saw a single cloud floating in the night sky.

He jumped of the balcony and used the chaos magic in his hoof to make some flora grow up and catch him. He then manipulated the flora to lower him gently to the ground before letting them return to their natural state. He panted for a minute, exhausted by the use of the chaos magic. He had found that when things were much more peaceful, it was harder for him to use this second gift, though he could still use nature magic with his unicorn magic.

He stood up again, his energy returning and walked over to the statue. He rested his hoof against the base.

"Well...hello Discord. Do you know who I am? I know who you are. I wonder if you can even hear me in there." He began to walk around the statue.

"My name is Spell Bound. I bet if you can hear you just gasped slightly. You know I'm lucky no other pony can see me right now. I must seem pretty crazy talking to a statue. But you and I know the truth. You know why I am here.

You probably are hoping that i succumb to the blood running through my veins. That I answer to the Chaos magic within me, and release you. That I cause glorious chaos by your side, And we reunite my brother and sister."

He sat down in front of the statue looking up at Discord frozen face, full of fear as he was trapped a second time by the Elements of Harmony.

"I didn't even know I had siblings. I spent my life as an orphan. But I was adopted by the last pony you'd expect. Celestia. I bet you're upset now. After all I was cast through time to escape her if your journals are to be believed. Yes that’s right. I found your journals in Dayflow. Though I must say for someone so chaotic you have very good writing." Spell stood up and pulled himself onto the base of the statue and rest his hoof against Discord's chest.

"I know who you are to me. And I'm ready to accept it. I couldn't at first. I even raised a Time Turner to be sure. I bet that impresses you. Me, a simple Unicorn, raising an Alicorn of time. But...I lost a friend because of it. I know so much now because of my latest journey into Dayflow, but there is one thing I don't know yet. Who my mother is. Believe me, Discord, I shall find out who she is. And I will find my brother and sister. I know of Screwball, so she shouldn't be hard to find. But Dawn Star...That will take effort. How many pegasi share that name I wonder?" Spell Jumped off the statue and wondered over to the entrance of the maze.

"What does he even look like? What is his special chaotic gift. Do you know? I bet you do. But you won't tell. You can't tell me. You're a statue. And there is no chaos about to release you. And even if there was there would need to be a lot of it. Your imprisonment isn't as weak as it was when you broke out. You won't be freed by school fillies fighting.

We will meet again, and I will have my answers. Until next time.....Father." Spell walked out of this section of the gardens and began walking in the maze so he could lose himself in his thought. That is until a cloud he saw broke apart and a streak of Rainbow tackled him.

"WAGH! RAINBOW! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!"

"AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING! ARE YOU GOING TO BETRAY THE PRINCESS!"

"What? What the hay are you talking about Dashie? Why would I betray the mare who has been a mother to me?"

"Because you are Discord's spawn. I'm taking you back to Twilight. And only my friends call me Dashie, traitor." Rainbow wrapped her front legs under Spell's and began flying off towards Ponyville leaving a streak of rainbow behind them.

“RAINBOW STOP! YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND! PLEASE GIVE ME A CHANCE TO EXPLAIN!”

But Rainbow wasn’t listening. As usual she had jumped to conclusions and taken action without thinking things through and about the consequences.

"No.....It wasn't meant to be this way.....I've accepted it...and so were they....Cadence said so...." Spell thought to himself as they raced towards his new home.

They were moving so fast that they didn’t even notice as they passed Luna, nor did they see Cadence trying to catch them up and calm Rainbow Dash down.

=================================

In Celestia's room she was just preparing for bed as Luna entered her chambers.

"SISTER! Rainbow Dash seems to have taken leave of her senses!"

"Calm down Luna. What do you mean?"

"She has just attacked our nephew and accused him of being Discord's spawn. She is now dragging him through our night sky towards Ponyville." Celestia frowned at Luna slipping back into the plural but then her eyes widened at what she said.

"Oh no....we have to get there before she does something stupid!"

"Why?"

"Because he is Discord's son. And if she does something stupid he might d......di." The word didn’t need to be finished. If Rainbow managed to rile enough ponies up they might Lynch Spell Bound. Celestia wouldn’t be able to see the pony she raised as a son be killed, even if he was the spawn of chaos. She started to rush out but Luna Stopped her.

"You must rest. Than raise the sun. After that you may rush to Spell's aid.

Celestia hung her head accepting Luna's wisdom.

A/N Two chapters in one day! Why? Because I decided to write about what was happening in Ponyville and get us up to the boiling point. Things are about to get very very bad.[/b