• Published 7th Nov 2012
  • 1,410 Views, 51 Comments

The Day Of Red Sky - Spell Bound



Spell Bound discoveres who is father is, and eventually, Equestria itself burns.

  • ...
3
 51
 1,410

Interim

Applejack walked through Ponyville grumbling and absent minded kicking a rock in front of her. Spell had gone off to Canterlot and Big Mac refused to let her work on the farm. She didn't see why she couldn't work on the farm. Her mother worked on the farm when she was with foal. But she couldn't argue with her brother’s point. He had pointed out that she may have worked on the farm, but only till it started to show. And now any observant pony could tell that Applejack's stomach was starting to grow.

She kicked the stone again and was surprised when it bounced back to her. Looking up she saw she was standing outside the Library. She stood there for a little bit considering whether she should go in or not. Deciding it was time to tell one of her friends she entered the Library finding spike dusting the books, but Twilight was nowhere to be seen.

"Howdy Spike. Where’s Twi?" She asked the young dragon.

"Oh hey Applejack. Twilight's gone out to get some things. She'll be back soon if you want to wait."

"Thank ya kindly Spike. Ah reckon ah will." She walked over to the bookshelf and began looking through the Titles. One particularly caught her eye. Grabbing it with her mouth she pulled it out of the bookshelf and placed it on a table. Looking at the cover she chuckled at the unicorn on the front. There were differences, but it was clearly modelled of her husband.

"Well, this must be one of em books Spelly was tellin me bout." Applejack said to herself. She began reading the book chuckling. She was reading for a good two hours and was halfway through the second book by the time Twilight came in.

"Spikey I'm back! They didn't have any sapphires. Seems a certain stallion bought them all before he left for Canterlot." Spike muttered some curses under his breath.

===================================

Sitting in a three Spell, Cadence and Shining Armour talked about recent events and just catching up. All of a sudden Spell fell silent and looked towards Ponyville.

"Something wrong brother?"

"No no Cadence, but I have the feeling something nasty was just said out about me.....oh well." He levitated a blue crystalline object out of his saddle bag. "Sapphire anyone?"

"You know We can't eat those Spell. I remember last time I tried." Shining gently rubbed his jaw with his hoof remembering the pain he had induced by biting the blue crystals.

"Oh well. More for me." A huge grin broke across his face and began nibbling at the crystal, thought of Spike cursing his name at finding out he bought the last sapphires dancing through his mind.

==========================================

"Spike. Language. Oh...hey Applejack." Twilight had noticed her as she came in, and her attention was only drawn to her as the sound of a book being put back reached her ears.

"Howdy Twi. Say, can we talk? Somewhere....private?"

"Sure AJ. Follow me." Twilight leads her friend up the stairs into her room, and as AJ entered she closed the door behind her. "So....what’s wrong?"

"Oh nothing’s wrong Twi. Something is just right." Applejack smiled to herself as her gaze drifted off and her hoof instinctively went to her stomach. Twi noticed this and was at first confused, the remembered seeing this behaviour before, then remembered what it meant.

"Oh....Applejack.....are you..?"

"Yes Twi. Ah'm with foal." Twilight started squealing happily clapping her hoofs together in excitement.

"Oh that's wonderful! Is it a boy or a girl? Oh I wonder if it's gonna be a Unicorn or earth pony? Who else knows? Does Spell know?" Twilight asked in quick succession. She would have asked more, but her mouth was no longer responding to her desires. Looking down she saw Applejacks hoof over her lips.

"Calm down Twi. Ah don't know if it a girl or a boy. Ah don't know what species it’s gonna be, and ya're the only other pony that knows."

"Oh wow..." Twi responded once Applejack's hoof was removed from her mouth. "I'm so happy for you. But why tell me?"

"Well ya see, ya are one of ma best friends, and ya've know Spelly for so long now, Ah'd like ya to be one of its godmares."

Twilight jaw metaphorically hit the ground. It literally hit it a few second later as she collapsed to the ground in shock.

"uh Twi..Ya ok?"

=======================================

When Twilight awoke it was nearing night time. She looked about and found a note saying

Dear Twi,

I've taken you're passin out as a yes. If this is wrong drop by and say so. I'm off to Cotton's to see if she'll be the other godmare.

Applejack"

Twi looked over the note surprised that Applejack spelt the words right instead of as she pronounced them, then slapped herself for thinking of her friends as illiterate. She giddily clapped her hooves again at the fact she was going to be a godmare of a little filly or colt.

Elsewhere Applejack was just getting into bed. When she arrived at Cotton's house she found a note saying that she was out of Ponyville to deliver an order of clothes. Applejack left a note under the door requesting that she be the second godmare of her unborn foal.

With a content sigh she closed her eyes and drifted off into a blissful sleep.