• Published 8th Nov 2012
  • 4,234 Views, 250 Comments

Extraterrestrial #51 - TundraStanza



The people being affected in the PonyEarthVerse are being shoved into the bodies of ponies left and right. However, some of them are being merged with slightly different creature archetypes. Follow the hectic path of this young man in a changeling.

  • ...
20
 250
 4,234

Ch. 7: Long Flight To The NY

Long Flight To The NY

---

Fried-zucchini-day
11:00 AM
Airborne Airplane

I opened my eyes and blinked. There was some weird feeling in my left ear. I guessed it was the change in air pressure. There were seats in front of me with the folding tables on their backs and I could feel the metal of the seat belt against my mid-section.

But, I don't remember getting on the plane, I thought.

"Oh, good morning, Fifty-one," said Mom from somewhere to the right.

"Wha?" I blurted as I turned to look at her, "Since when do you call me that, Mom?"

"Oh, sorry," she responded, "It's just that was who talked to me the last time you were awake."

"Huh?" I tilted my head still kind of confused.

Forgive me, Cier Dylan. I had to take over mobility while you were temporarily indisposed.

What happened? I asked him mentally.

The memory is clearer now. It seems you 'fainted'.

I can faint? I thought in disbelief.

Apparently.

"By any chance, did my voice sound rather scratchy last time?" I asked Mom.

"As a matter of fact, it did," she replied.

"So he did take over," I muttered.

"What?" she asked. Sometimes, I thought things aloud more often than I should.

"Sorry, I probably confused you," I waved a hoof dismissively, "Until you hear that scratchy voice again, just call me Cier."

"Okay, sure thing," nodded Mom slowly.

My right ear swiveled slightly at the faint sound of cart wheels.

"Can I get you ladies something to drink?" asked the flight attendant.

I surprised myself with a half cough, half laugh. I don't know why I found her choice of words so funny, but I did. I let out an upbeat sigh while wiping my eye.

"I'd like some water, please," I flashed a small smile. I think hearing my lower-than-lady pitch startled her. That or the fangs, I'm not sure which. She leaned backwards slightly as she lifted a hand over her heart area.

"U-uh, okay... water, right," she stammered as she poured some from the bottle into a cup of ice. Briefly, there was an awkwardness as to how I'd actually accept the drink since I kind of lacked dexterity at the moment. (Translation: no fingers.)

"I got it," declared Dad from my left. I nearly jumped, having forgotten that he was here too.

"Unsweetened tea, please," piped in Mom.

"Do you have Dr. Pepper?" asked Dad.

"We've got Mr. Pibb," offered the attendant.

"That'll work," smiled Dad.

---

Fried-zucchini-day
12:00 PM
Airborne Airplane

Aside from the brief gender confusion on behalf of the flight attendant, there honestly wasn't much that happened on this flight. I vaguely remembered a wise man saying that the journey was supposed to be more fulfilling than the eventual destination. Quite frankly, I couldn't see the wisdom of that saying applying to this particular travel. Nothing was happening.

"Oh my gosh," gasped a faint whisper.

Well... I suppose 'nothing' was a debatable term. I did hear a seat belt unbuckle. At the time, I just assumed someone was on their way to the lavatory. I figured I'd do what I usually did on long flights and just fall asleep. But then...

"A changeling! This is so cool!"

My eyes immediately snapped back open. Some random guy decided to lean over from the aisle and look closely at me with a disturbing smile. His look reminded me of what an obsessed fan boy looked like.

"Excuse me," said my disgruntled mother. The random guy happened to be leaning over her to look at me. However, Mom failed to grab his attention as much as I was somehow succeeding in. I wasn't even doing anything that interesting. Yet the way he stared at me, you would think I was creating the cure for AIDS or something.

"C...can I help you?" I managed to ask while simultaneously wishing that I could edge further away in my seat.

No response. He just stared at me while smiling disarmingly.

"May I glomp you?" he finally spoke.

D...did he just say...? But doesn't that word mean...?

Yeah, those were my thoughts too, Fifty-one, I replied mentally, Ad verbatim.

I briefly wondered if changelings could open their eyes any wider than I was opening mine.

"Um, I would prefer if you didn't," I replied with a nervous chuckle.

"But I love you," he whispered while staring into my soul. Ever heard of bad touch? Well, this was a bad watch.

"You don't even know me," I tried arguing.

Wait... do you taste that?

Taste what? I started replying until a faintly sweet something passed my tongue. Though, I don't know how. I was pretty sure I had nothing in my mouth.

Where did that come from? I wondered.

Look at his eyes!

What do you think I'm looking at? I retorted.

No, I mean really look at them. Notice something familiar?

I had no idea what I was looking for in those eyes. There wasn't anything distinct about them. They just looked like normal, bloodshot, and sleepless eyes that were straining to stare at their object of interest. His irises were sickly green. There were somewhat grayish bags under them.

Sickly green irises? I blinked. Sure enough, this guy's irises almost looked like they were pulsating green light. What did this guy have in his eyes? Electrified, toxic waste contact lenses?

It can't be! I never started! But it feels exactly like...

What is it, Fifty-one? I had to know, What's going on?

This human is overpowering my resistance to feeding on his love.

What?! I almost yelled my thoughts then and there, How is that even possible?

I don't know. Perhaps my control of my abilities are affected by this world differently. This involuntary feeding has never happened to me before.

If I wasn't panicking before, then I most certainly was now. This was bad. This guy was just staring intently. He probably didn't have a clue that he was slowly being drained of the love that he was radiating. Fifty-one and I didn't know how to cut off the channeling. The worst possible thing about this situation was... part of me liked the taste. (Insert emphasized shivering here.)

"Mister, snap out of it!" I yelped.

Not really thinking about what I was doing, I smacked my left, fore hoof against his cheek. Several things happened at once. The electric green tint seemed to flicker off, leaving behind more natural, dull green irises. The sweet taste left my mouth. Finally, the guy blinked his eyes and stood up a bit straighter.

"W...what just happened?" he asked after a brief pause.

"Thank you," grumbled Mom as her burden of a towering fan boy was suddenly relieved.

A familiar sound of the seat belt light broke the tension.

"Folks, we're entering an area of mild turbulence," informed the pilot via intercom, "We ask that you remain seated with your seat belts fastened during this time. Thank you."

"Um, yeah," the random guy muttered, "I'll... go do that."

"What's his problem?" murmured Mom after he had walked away.

I wish I knew for sure, Mom. I wish I knew.

"Are you all right?" she asked while turning to me, "You look kind of... green around the gills."

I was about to retort that I didn't even have gills when a rather pressured feeling hit me. Out of reinstated panic, I somehow grabbed paper bag from the seat pouch in front of me. My immediate thought was that I was glad that I had the barf bag ready this time. My second thought was about how disturbingly similar the vomit resembled disgustingly familiar green goop.

Yes, that is the substance we use for immobilizing our adversaries.

Ew, I thought with a frown.

Hey, don't worry. I think most of that was your pillow from this morning.

I suppose if there was any good thing that came out of this whole turn of events, it was that Fifty-one's sense of humor was improving. Though, we still needed to work on his timing.

---

????
????
????

I made a promise.

I intend to keep it.

But that enthusiastic human...

Why did he have to be the one to remind me of the delicious temptation?

I was so busy building up walls between Cier Dylan and his family, that I hadn't even considered the possibility...

As Chrysalis is my sovereign, I shall never be a wild animal again!

Author's Note:

Alternate chapter title: The Chapter In Which Absolutely Nothing Happens
Sorry for the brevity, but I've got finals coming up followed immediately by a trip to the snow. That means my internet connection might be better or worse. I just didn't want to leave you hanging without at least some prior notice.