• Published 3rd Nov 2012
  • 5,744 Views, 144 Comments

SCP-1946 "The Stable Door" - BetaGravGear



Just another day in the Foundation, another SCP found, but what lies within is diffent than usaul

  • ...
19
 144
 5,744

Aura Sighting


Memorandum For Records
Subject: SCP Behavior
Conversation is between Three Overseers, Four Researchers, Two Agents, And [Redacted]
O1: “This behavior is completely different then what we have been observing.”
R1: “Agreed sir, but most interesting are [Redacted]. Even 682 has just stopped, it even seemed to try to communicate with a researcher.”
A1: “When did this all start to happen?”
RED: “Around the time that the Mobile Task Forces in Nevada supposedly activated the portal.”
R2: “You don’t think…”
O2: “What else could it be? All of a sudden a bunch of SCPs just… change. Nothing like this has happened before.”
A2: “I heard some of the more intelligent ones even started muttering things about a war and ‘it’ being reawakened.”
O3: “Whatever the case, a couple of SCPs have requested to talk to The Editors. They might have all the answers to what is happening.”
RED: “I wouldn’t worry about that…”
R3: “Then what would you worry about?”
RED: “Whatever that portal leads to, it has created quite the effect on the SCPs here. So that can only make one think…”
R2: “Think about what?”
RED: “About what we might have just found, but only time will tell. Only time will tell.”
End recording…


The approaching echo of boots throughout the caverns leading down to the chamber seemed to have just stopped and reversed. Everyone was confused by this, why would they retreat when they had the upper hand? The only answer they could think of is that they ran out of resources. Settling on that, the group decided to properly assess the situation. It was at this time that Ore looked up and saw something rather unusual above them.

“Красота!” He uttered, gaining the attention of the others. “Смотрите.” He said as he pointed up towards the ceiling. Everyone looked up and gasped at what they saw. It looked like a brilliant display of all kinds of jewels and in the middle seemed to be some kind of crest. It was composed of six parts, each a different jewel of a unique shape and color. In the middle of the crest was what appeared to be a symbol that looked very similar to a crescent moon with the sun positioned above it. Surrounding the crest was a yin-yang that had six parts, each containing one of the jewels. Two portions of the crest were lit up; one was a lavender color with a jewel that was shaped like a pentagram with a white six pointed star behind it, directly opposite of it was a topaz color with a jewel shaped like turtle with what appeared to be four black stripes going along a rather wide shell.

Coming from each of the lit up jewels was what looked like an aura going down to the portal, which was still inactive, but the strange jewel seemed to have changed colors a little bit and now glowed faintly. The glyphs on the portal had also started glowing faint lavender as well.

“Well, that is rather interesting.” Pulse stated as he continued to gaze at the amazing arrangement of gems and jewels.” I have never seen such an unusual arrangement. This is strange, even for the Foundation.”

"… Agreed. ” Trench muttered as he studied the semi-familiar symbols. He slowly broke his gaze from the strange formations and started looking through the crowd as he started speaking again. “Any of you know what any of those symbols mean up there?” He asked, gaining a quick response from one of the Omega guys.

“The Topaz turtle symbol means adaptation,” Samurai started as he looked up once again at the symbols, “and the lavender one is usually magic. The one in the middle however,” he scrunched his eyes as he tried to get a better look at the symbol, “is one that I am not too familiar with. I believe that it either means unity or harmony. As for the yin-yang, I believe we all know what that means, though I have to admit that I have never seen one broken up into six parts like that before.” Samurai concluded as he looked back to Trench. Trench nodded as he took in this info, looking back up as he tried to fit the pieces together. “You got anything on this Chrono?” He asked as he looked to the member who had provided some useful info recently, hoping that he would have some kind of clue.

“Nothing that would be considered all too useful,” Chrono responded as he shook his head. “though,” he started again as he stopped shaking his head, “it does bring something to my mind.”

“And what would that be?” Pulse asked as everyone started to look towards Chrono, most eager in their own way to hear what he had to say about it. Chrono took a deep breath before he started speaking.

“Well,” Chrono began as he once again looked at the symbols, “for one I know that in most cases, adaptation and magic are usually considered polar opposites. This seems to be represented by the two being directly across from one another. This would also seem to be supported by the fact that they are within a yin-yang and have a symbol of harmony in the center.”

“Wait, how do opposites create harmony?” Sandy interrupted as she cast a doubtful gaze towards Chrono. Chrono ignored the look as he continued on.

“Well, harmony is defined as an agreement or concord, which is basically everything, has its opposite present. This one shows adaptation against what is considered its opposite, magic.

“Wait, how does…” Sandy once again started to interject, but was cut off by Ore this time who seemed more than ready to explain it.

“Adaptation,” Ore started while he moved his gaze to Sandy, “is considered using knowledge gained from past experiences to help one live and survive in different environments. Prime examples of this are tools, involuntary reactions, and certain habitats. Now magic is considered using knowledge gained from tomes and arcane arts to help on live and survive in different environments. Everything that can be gained from adaptation can theoretically be gained from magic. Magic can cause all kinds of strange technological gaps that would never be seen from adaptation.” Ore concluded as Chrono picked up the explanation.

“Thus, they are considered opposites. But that would only leave two questions.” Chrono finished as everyone started looking toward the portal arch that now had glowing symbols along with an illuminated jewel.

“One is what does the other four parts of the crest mean?” Trench started as he looked toward Pulse, who picked up the hint.

“And second is what do those weird auras mean along with the strange lightshow?” Pulse concluded as everyone started discussing possible answers.


The chamber was dead silent as the Mane Six, with the strange creatures still in their grasp, watched in horror as one of the creatures held who knew what to her head. Princess Celestia was frozen by some unknown force as the one called Grave-Digger stared right at her, his once dead expression replaced with one that could only be described as almost demonic. Before anypony could even gasp, Grave-Digger started speaking with a very angry, almost demonic tone.

“You dare tell us to bow to you!” He started in a low voice, his voice getting louder with every word. “You who has no authority over us, you who just suppresses people out of anger because of a little joking around,” he suddenly pushed the strange metal object into the princesses’ head, “you who doesn’t even truly KNOW. WHAT. THE. FUCK. WE. ARE!” Grave-Digger yelled before taking a deep breath and adjusting the metal object deeper into Celestia’s temple. He took a quick look to his comrades before continuing in a chillingly dead sounding voice. “Now, it takes a lot to piss me off ‘princess’, but unfortunately for you one of the big ones, is endangering those I am tasked to protect. I am going to give you till the count of three for you and your little pastel horned equine freaks to release my friends or else, your fucking brains will be decorating the floor!”

Grave turned the object more as Celestia tried to process all that had just happened. This creature, which had no kind of magic aura at all when she grabbed him; somehow broke free of her magic grasp, got what seemed to be a weapon which was now pressed painfully against her head, was threating to kill her, and now had what seemed to be a very faint aura. Celestia started to think as hard as she could as Grave got to two. Celestia shifted her eyes to her star pupil only to see pure fear in her eyes, surely worried about what was about to happen. Celestia gave her and the rest of the scared ponies a quick smile to show she had it under control as Grave reached three.

“Time’s up, your highness.” Grave hissed as his finger pressed on part of the object just as Celestia forced his arm down with her magic as a loud band and flash came from what was just pressed against Celestia’s head. Everyone heard what sounded like a large rubber band breaking as the ground right next to Celestia’s left front hoof suddenly broke apart in a small radius. Quickly realizing how dangerous the object in the creatures hand was, Celestia quickly took the element of surprise further by grasping the metal object in Graves’ hand and yanked it, causing it to fly to the entry stairwell behind her. Not wanting to take any chances, Celestia also quickly did the same with the metal stick on Graves’ back, causing him to become harmless.

Now that she felt safe, Celestia started to envelop Grave in her aura again, but suddenly got a chill down her spine. Whispers started going through her head as she felt the entire room start to get freezing cold, her breath quickly becoming visible. Looking directly at Grave caused her to almost have a heart attack; the once seemingly normal creature with no aura now had an aura that almost matched hers with pure gray and red/blue eyes glaring back at her. His teeth had changed into a more fanged like appearance with his hair changing to a pure white with gray streaks. The entire chamber became encased in fog, blocking her view of the Mane Six and the rest of the Task Force. Celestia immediately tried to move, but found that none of her muscles were responding. She saw a figure slowly come out of the shadows, a figure which caused Celestia to try to scream, but like everything else it just seemed to not happen. Grave adopted a demonic grin as he stepped next to the frozen princess and whispered into her ear.



“Like I said, your time is up, Princess.” Grave stepped back as the shadow figure approached Celestia, its figure blocked out by its grey hooded robe. It stared directly at Celestia, its green orbs was all that was visible underneath the hood.

“It has been a while, hasn’t it Tia?”

Author's Note:

Sorry for the wait, got a Wii U and Arma III so progress has been slow. Also have been trying to finish a fic that is taking up a bulk of time. As usual please tell me what you think; good things, bad things, neutral things, etc things. Also 100 special thing that many probably had no idea about is being rethought, the original idea just doesn't sound special enough so I am trying to think of something better to do. So until then please do leave feedback on this and other stories. Thank you for your time.