• Published 3rd Nov 2012
  • 5,744 Views, 144 Comments

SCP-1946 "The Stable Door" - BetaGravGear



Just another day in the Foundation, another SCP found, but what lies within is diffent than usaul

  • ...
19
 144
 5,744

Chrono Paradox

To: Overseer ‘Havoc’, Charge of Omega Division
From- The Admin
Subject- Use of SCPs for Omega Operations

Your request for the use of the following SCPs have been considered, and these are an update on the results after research was done on your mission statement relevance to the given reason and the level of threat of each SCP.
SCP-212: For enhancing members of the force to better withstand SCP attacks; denied due to unpredictable nature of 212, but other means will be given
SCP-991: For retrieval tactics; denied due to level of threat of 991
SCP-1016: For quick room clearing; denied due to level of threat and unpredictability of 1016 and 1016-1
SCP-(REDACTED): For useful Task Force member dedicated to melee/scouting role; Granted with limitations, SCP must be carefully observed during adaptation process and must be integrated into sub-systems of Omega Databases
Other SCPs are still under investigation; email will be sent as soon as possible.
Signed
The Administrator-The Foundation Head of Command (The Editors)


“Chronosphere… a device that can allow people to travel through time… do we have anything that has a power like that?” Trench queried as he wrote down the information he was getting from Chrono. Apparently, this game allowed for multiple changes in time causing a whole new future to be made. It went by a theory that Trench remembered about every decision made caused another parallel world to be made of the other choices that were not picked. Trench remembered hearing it from a rather long winded speech from an old enemy in a blue box, though that man was long gone into his own dimension again. Putting that horrible part of the past behind, the technology that seemed to be in the game interested Trench and he was sure it would interest Pulse as well. Trench dismissed Chrono to go back to his defensive position as he walked back to Pulse, who was talking to Templar about the new information they had been able to gather. Templar departed as Trench got next to Pulse, who started speaking first.

“It seems that the robots are emitting some kind of signal that Omega is trying to decode right now, and not only that, it seems that they are running on a very familiar A.I. system that we have seen before.” Pulse stated as he scanned the Omega group working on the robot husks that littered the cave. Trench nodded at Pulse when their gazes met to tell him to go on. Pulse took the signal and pulled something out of his pocket. It was a motherboard that looked all too familiar. “A biological motherboard, just like 003 and after an analysis on it, it seems to have the capabilities of multiple SCPs including 062, 155, 119, and many others. While they seem to be downgrades of their original SCPs, the fact that so many abnormal effects have been combined into a single entity is a little discomforting.” Pulse pocketed the motherboard and then picked something up that was resting at his feet. It seemed to be the weapons that the bots were using, though something definitely seemed off to Trench as he took the small carbine in his hands. Pulse started explaining the weapon parameters.

“It seems to be a perfected, manufactured version of 127, complete with rapidly regenerating ammo.” Pulse paused for a moment as Trench tried to eject the magazine with no success. Pulse retook the carbine as he continued explaining the information given to him by Templar. “It seems that Omega thinks that the factory somehow got samples of multiple SCPs and somehow reverse engineered them into a self-aware robot that can easily destroy a large force in seconds.” Pulse finished as he laid the weapon back down. Trench immediately caught something that did not make sense to him at all, if they were capable of that, then why did they fall so easily. Pulse seemed to catch the look on Trenches face as he started explaining again.

“Thanks to our understanding of SCPs, one of the Omega troops was able to look into a motherboard and discovered that they have been programmed to be easily defeated. No one seems to know why this is, though Templar said that one of his troops said there might be something brewing, something we may not be able to understand for a while, that is all I have. What did you learn from Chrono?” Pulse asked Trench, now ready to learn what the other lead was able to dig up from his subordinate. Trench cleared his throat as he pulled out his notepad.

“What stuck out the most was something called a Chronosphere and its use.” Trench started as he read his notes out to Pulse, who was listening intently with his eyes closed in thought. “It was a device that allowed travel through time which allowed its user to alter the past for a new future, kinda like the theory a certain doctor once told us about. Now another use of this device was short range teleportation, which sounds very familiar doesn’t it?” Trench paused, waiting for Pulse to answer the question. Pulse opened his eyes, knowing the device that Trench was hinting at.

“While there are multiple teleportation SCPs, the one that really comes to mind is 429.” Pulse answered as Trench nodded in approval.

“Exactly my thoughts as well. Not only is the SCP able to teleport the user to a location, but time is also a factor within this. This ‘Chrono’ technology also seemed to have a weaponized feature as well. It was fitted into a flamethrower-type frame and used to erase people from the time stream itself. Now what really sticks out from this is the fact that the current time stream remains unaffected, which would go against the theory that the device had already instilled.” Trench saw a look of confusion appear on Pulses face as he spoke up.

“That would be impossible; it is a direct contradiction to itself. It would create some kind of paradox that…” Pulse stopped as he finally realized what Trench was getting at. Pulse started to shake his head as a look of realization appeared on his face. “You don’t really think it could be-“ Trench cut him off with words that sounded unnaturally cold.

“Unfortunately, it seems that it is the only answer that is possible right now.” Trench stated with a sad look in his eyes as the sound of boots rushing echoed through the entrance. It was time for the next wave to start.


Grave-Digger started to chuckle as he motioned at his men to go back to the portal. These creatures seemed like a fun bunch to mess with, they got riled up so easily. All you had to do was talk back to one and then they all retaliated, this would be a fun twist to the tale. He threw up his hands and turned around as he started walking towards the portal, talking to the creatures that resided behind him.

“You guys are taking things way to seriously, try to relax a little bit.” He said as he stopped and turned his head so he could see the equine creatures, which seemed to be referred to as ponies. “We are only here to check and make sure this arch isn’t dangerous. Just stay away from us and we will be out of your hair before you know it.” Grave-Digger stated in his cold tone as he once again started toward the arch, but was stopped when a strange feeling took over his body. Looking down, he noticed he was enveloped in a golden aura type field. He was quickly lurched face to face with the ‘Princess’, who did not seem amused at all. As he looked around, he saw that that none of the ponies seemed amused, except for the overly pink one. The rest of the team was quickly entrapped in auras of gold, purple, and blue and quickly brought over to the group of mostly angry looking equines.

“Hey, let us go you crazy bitches!” Picks yelled as he started trying to kick around, the others remaining more calm and collected. Grave-Digger glared right into Celestia’s eyes as Assassinio and Portal did the same with the other two that seemed to be holding them in some kind of abnormal field of energy.

“I thought I just said that we would be gone before you know it!” Grave-Digger yelled as his anger started to rise, these ponies were really getting in their way. “Let us go right now before we make you drop us you big dumb fucking bitch!” Celestia brought the human directly in front of her and spoke in a voice that seemed to shatter the eardrums of anyone within a mile radius.

“DO YOU NOT KNOW HOW TO SPEAK TO ROYALTY?! WERE YOU RAISED IN A CAVE?! IF ANYPONY IS GOING TO BE GIVING COMMANDS IT IS ME! NOW BOW DOWN!” Celestia bellowed as she tried to force Grave-Digger to bow; only fueling the anger within him. His figure refused the action that was trying to be forced upon him as he started to move his hands toward his side holster.

“I WILL NOT BOW!” Grave-Digger shouted as he managed to break free from the strange hold on his body, which seemed to paralyze Celestia for a moment giving him a chance. He ran up to her as he pulled out his pistol from his holster and jammed it right into her temple. A soft click echoed through the chamber as the hammer was brought back. Everyone became dead silent as they observed the scene in front of them. Neither side seemed to know what to do, though the members of Zeta-9 knew all too well that at this point, blood was going to be spilled. No one has ever survived an encounter with the beast that awakens with the rage of the Grave.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the delay, swing shift is a double edged sword at times. Balancing everything out so hopefully this won't happen again. Please leave feedback on your thoughts and if you are interested in being a pre-reader for me please leave me a message. I need some for another story that has finally gotten started back up. Thank you