• Published 3rd Nov 2012
  • 5,744 Views, 144 Comments

SCP-1946 "The Stable Door" - BetaGravGear



Just another day in the Foundation, another SCP found, but what lies within is diffent than usaul

  • ...
19
 144
 5,744

Close Encounter of the Pony Kind

Emergency Notification
To: All Personnel Level 4 and above

Subject: New Group of Interest

It has come to our attention that a new group may have been found. Agents investigating a recent SCP came under attack by an unknown force, consisting of men wearing the Global Occult Coalition uniform and others wearing a strange jumpsuit with trifocal goggles over their eyes. Not much else is known at this time as all but one of the agents died in the attack. It is unknown at this time if the new group is with the GOC, part of the GOC, or just trying to appear to be the GOC. Connections to The Factory might have also been found. Agent [REDACTED] reported to seeing the strangely clad men carrying [REDACTED] and seeing a few instances of [REDACTED]. This is currently being investigated and updates shall come to you as time goes on. You are expected to relay all needed info to your security heads as soon as possible.

0-5 Override: This information shall only been given to personnel within the New Bloom Initiative that require such information. All information acquired about this new group shall be relayed straight to me before going to any other division.


“So it’s a head of some kind of robot then?” Hole asked as he took a picture of the disembodied head with his phone. He then grabbed the head from Pulse to get a closer look at it. “I don’t get it.” he stated as he stared into the empty eyes of the head.

“You’re not supposed to get it, dumbass!” Sandy said as she snatched the head from Hole. “We are trying to find out what the strange symbol on its neck is.” she continued as she pointed at the strange symbol with her right hand while her other held the head by the hair. Pulse started to shake his head as the others finally started to gather around the three.

“If you don’t get it yet, we need to find out what this symbol means.” Pulse detailed as he took the head from Sandys’ hands and pointed toward the symbol. Everyone started to scratch their heads as they observed the strange symbol.

“So, anyone have any ideas?” Trench asked the group as he scanned the faces of the rest of the group. It seemed that everyone had the same puzzled face, except for one.

“Now I know for a fact I have seen that somewhere before.” Chrono whispered, barley loud enough for the group to hear. Chrono took a step forward and unceremoniously swiped the head from Pulses’ hands. He held the head up close so he could see the symbol as clearly as possible and as soon as he did he let out a gasp. “No way.” he uttered as he looked even closer at the symbol.

“Wait, do you know what that symbol means Chrono?” asked Pulse as he stepped next to Chrono. Chrono closed his eyes in concentration as he tried to remember.

“I know I’ve seen it before, I just forget… wait.” Chrono paused for a moment when it hit him. “YURI!” he yelled as he tossed the head into the air, which was thankfully caught by Ore. The group looked at their eccentric team member with very perplexed looks.

“Care to elaborate a little bit?” Crystal requested as he tried to clear the ringing from his ears. Chrono adopted a large grin on his face as he remembered exactly what the symbol was.

“Yuri! As in Yuri’s Revenge.” Chrono began, “It was an expansion to one of my favorite games ever made. This symbol was the main emblem for the Yuri faction, which was based around psychic warfare and mind control. Actually rather fitting once you think about it.” he ended with a fulfilled look on his face. As the others processed the information, Trench couldn’t help but think that it could not have just been pure coincidence that such a symbol appeared on these things they were fighting.

“This game, what is the basic plot of it?” Trench inquired as the rest of the group looked at him with looks of confusion. Chrono tapped his foot and started to think of the best way to explain it to the group, as he did not quite understand it too well himself.

“Well.” Chrono started ”It is basically about an alternate timeline where Hitler never existed and Russia started World War Two, which was still won by the allied nations. This game follows up on that with World War Three, which ends in disaster causing the Allies to have to go back in time to make sure they defeat this person named Yuri who was controlling everything in the background using all kinds of weird shit. The Allies manage to defeat Yuri and once again save the world for a bit.” Chrono finished with a dead silence filling the air. He looked around and saw that everyone had a look of utter confusion on their face. Trench took a step forward and broke the silence.

“So basically, these guys go back in time and change the present?” he asked, to which Chrono nodded slowly. Trench processed this information, which seemed like something all too familiar. “To change the future… there is no way to do that unless…” Trenchs’ eyes widened as he remembered something. “Chrono, I want you to tell us everything you can about that game. Something tells me it has more relevance than we could ever think!” Trench stated as he motioned for everyone to sit down. He only hoped they had enough time to sort this all out before the next wave came.


“Just who do you think you bozos are?” Rainbow Dash yelled as she flew right up to the creature that had ‘explained’ everything to them. She pressed her snout right up against his, any fear she once felt now replaced with pure rage at how her friend had just gotten treated. The creature just shoved her to the ground, a look of what seemed to be annoyance decorating his features.

“Who do we think we are? I believe we are the Foundations best trying to work on something that could very well save the whole world, maybe even the universe.” It stated as he pointed a weird, looking claw directly at Rainbow Dash. “The real question here is this, who the hell do you think you are trying to be aggressive to us? Who, might I add, have yet to show any hostility towards you.” The creature was about to continue before he was quickly pulled away by a much shorter one wearing a weird looking robe thing. Another creature stepped up, this one with a dead expression on his face. He looked over to Twilight and her friends before speaking in what seemed like a voice from the Reaper himself.

“If you want to talk, then fine, we will talk.” It started before flicking something on the strange stick in his hands. “But, I suggest you choose your words wisely. Now then, who is in charge of this little freak-show?” he questioned. Before anyone one else could speak up, Celestia trotted up towards the creature, her features showing a mix of annoyance and rage.

“I am Princess Celestia, ruler of Equestira, and I demand to know who you are and why you have invaded my peaceful country.” She stated, the authority and regality easily detectable in her voice. The creature standing in front of her was unmoved except for a small grin appearing on his face as he spoke.

“I am Grave-Digger, head of security for the Foundations Mobile Task Force Zeta-9 ‘Mole Rats’ and we are here to secure this artifact.” He announced as his grin fell, his voice chilling the Mane Six to the bone. Celestia kept her demeanor as she continued to listen. “Now as long as you don’t attack us, we might not hurt you.” Grave-Digger once again flicked something on the strange stick he was carrying. Celestia quickly stomped a hoof in the ground, her gaze unchanged.

“As long as you do not hurt any of my little ponies, then no harm shall come to any of you.” She stated, hoping to make some kind of peace with the creatures before continuing. Grave-Digger just chuckled to himself before speaking.

“I make no promises.” He affirmed as he transferred the stick to his back. Celestia glared at Grave-Digger, who just started to chuckle again. “You really think you scare us don’t you?” He asked, though did not even give her a chance to answer before he started to speak again. “I don’t know what kind of power you might hold, but I guarantee you this; you are nothing compared to some of the things we have seen. It is like my loudmouthed companion said; we have seen some pretty strange things that can kill with a single glance or word. You are nothing in this world and-” Twilight, unable to continue seeing her mentor get talked down to, quickly interjected herself into the conversation.

“What makes you think you can talk to Princess Celestia like that!?” She asked as galloped up next to her mentor, a look of rage on her face. “She has cared for Equestira for thousands of years, and it has flourished under her and her sister’s rule. She has kept peace in this land and listens to the common pony! You have no right speaking to her like that!” Twilight was soon joined by the rest of her friends who all voiced agreement to Twilights words. Grave-Diggers expression was unchanged as he stared Twilight down. The other creatures started to join up next to him, each with an expression of anger and annoyance.

“If anythin' you 'should respect 'er for what she's done!” Applejack stated as she stamped her hoof down causing cracks to form on the floor. Celestia noticed that both sides seemed ready to throw the first punch at any second. It seemed Grave-Digger noticed it as well, but did not do anything about it. If anything, it seemed like he wanted violence to erupt between the two groups.

Author's Note:

A little later than I thought, only five days. Chapters for all stories will come as I get around to it. If you have any suggestions of any kind, please do voice them. Opinions can change a world, in this case a stories world, but it is still a world.