• Published 3rd Nov 2012
  • 5,744 Views, 144 Comments

SCP-1946 "The Stable Door" - BetaGravGear



Just another day in the Foundation, another SCP found, but what lies within is diffent than usaul

  • ...
19
 144
 5,744

Portal View

To: Doctor [Classified], Head of SCP-173 research team
From: Overseer “Havoc”, Head of Experimental Research and Development
Subject: SCP-173 Origins
To: Doctor [Classified],

It has come to my attention that all files pertaining to the location in which we found SCP-173 are no longer accessible. I believe that some of the research that my men have been doing may have discovered exactly what it might have been used for. I need all files pertaining to SCP-173 immediately so that we can follow this breakthrough and hopefully finally solve this case. If it is a matter of security clearance then rest assured, we have the need to know. I hope to get the files as soon as possible so we can at last put this whole thing to rest.
From: Havoc

To: Havoc
From: Dr. [Classified]

All the files we have of SCP-173 will be on your desk by tomorrow morning. Some of the files include the testimonies of the men who transported SCP-173 back in 1993, Dr. Smaschers’ findings about various incidents, and the analysis of some samples taken from the various droppings found in SCP-173’s container. I hope these prove to be useful and also hope that we can hear about some of these breakthrough findings you have.


Grave-Digger had moved on from his intact statue, one of a calm looking dragon, and decided to start looking at some of the broken ones and began scanning through the different pieces of various creatures. A silhouette that appeared on the far end of the room made Grave-Digger yell and jump back in horror, causing the rest of the statue research team rushed to their now babbling comrade.

“What’s with the yelling Grave?” Trench asked as he tried to calm Grave-Digger down.

“Maybe he saw his reflection,” Sandy joked, which was received with a slap on her head by Hole who was tired of her ‘jokes’.

“S….S…SCP…..” Grave-Digger stuttered as he tried to get the words out of his mouth.

“Out with it already man!” Picks yelled as he grabbed and shook Grave-Digger, hoping it would help.

“SCP-173!” Grave-Digger yelled as he pointed at the object of his fear. The others followed his finger and were met with the soulless eyes of SCP-173. The rest of the group except for Mirage froze in shock as they stared at the object.

“Isn’t it impossible for 173 to be here? He is currently locked up at site 19, right?” Mirage asked as he took a step toward the statue for a closer look.

“Mirage has a point,” Trench stated as he followed Mirage toward the statue. As the two got closer, they both realized that even though the statue looked similar, it was not SCP-173. “You all can calm down, this is not 173. And even if it was this statue is broken,” Trench told the rest of his team, allowing them all to relax a tiny bit.

“But you have to admit, it still looks eerily similar to it,” Grave-Digger said as he stood up and brushed himself off. The statue in question looked like a broken SCP-173. It also appeared to be made of obsidian instead of concrete and had jewels creating the face. As Trench got closer to it, he also noticed strange markings covering the statue, most of which appeared arcane in nature. “I better tell headquarters about this,” Trench stated as he started going towards Omega Lead to get the radio.

While the rest of the statue team got back to work, the portal team was working a hunch. Pulse hoped that his plan would work and that Portal could do it. As Portal looked over the arch he got a small smile on his face. He looked over to Pulse and nodded.

“Just as I thought, you will be able to do it,” Pulse said as he sighed in relief. The group watched as the young boy pulled out a small cube shaped object out of his pocket. He gave it a small squeeze then proceeded to throw it up in the air. As everyone watched the cube fall, they saw that it was getting bigger.

“Who is this kid?” Crystal asked as he watched the young boy open the cube, which strangely had a heart on the center of each of its faces.

“That kid is Portal,” Stasis began as they continued to watch the young boy. “From what I know, he came from some strange research facility with all kinds of advanced A.I. and technology.”

“So what happened to this facility?” Crystal asked as he became curious to the story.

“It seems the main A.I. went crazy and killed all the workers. I think that Portal is the founders’ son. Or something like that.” Stasis answered as he saw Portal pull out a strange looking device out of the cube.

“And the boy’s name is?” Crystal asked

“None of us really know, and we don’t know the name of the facility he came from either,” Stasis answered with a sigh as he continued watching Portal. Portal was currently attaching all kinds of wires connected to his strange object. As Portal was placing the last few wires, Pulse saw Trench talking on the radio, and as Pulse turned to see what Trench was doing, he felt the cave shake.



Meanwhile

The six mares went down the staircase, which seemed to go on indefinitely. After traveling down the stairs for what seemed like hours, the mares reached the bottom, where they found a short hall which led to what seemed to be a meeting chamber. The chamber appeared to be the same size as the royal throne room in the Canterlot Castle, and the entire chamber was encrusted with a wide variety of variegated gems and jewels, some of which even Rarity had never seen before. As the mares came into the room they were all equally stunned and confused by the chamber. What perplexed them the most, especially Twilight, was a strange looking arch in the center of the room. Flanking the arch was two peculiar statues.

“What is this place?” Twilight asked as she looked around the strange chamber.

“I think a better question is what is it made of? I have never seen such a vast array of jewels in one place before!” Rarity stated with stars in her eyes.

“Wow. Look at all this. This looks like something that Daring Doo would find!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed as she stared wide eyed at the chamber.

The six started to head towards the arch, which was black with multi-colored symbols on it, stopping short to examine the two statues that were beside it. The two black statues looked very strange; they had oval like heads, a rectangular like body, short stubby limbs, and were very tall. The face seemed to be made up of a familiar looking red jewel and they were both covered in multi-colored symbols.

“Well one thing you do have to admit is that those statues match the arch,” Rarity stated with a small sigh. Twilight decided that the arc would be easier to study since it was not as tall and seemed less menacing. As Twilight looked over the arch the others decided to examine around a little bit more. The five began to explore, and they quickly found more statues, these ones of more familiar characters. The statues were of two Alicorns, a pony from each tribe, and one of a strange looking creature. The creature in question looked similar to a monkey but was much larger and had not tail. It seemed to have fur only on its head and wore a strange looking garment. The Alicorns were a mystery as well; they were two that the group had never seen before.

“Twi, d'you have any idea who these two're s'posed t'be?” Applejack asked as she looked at the two unknown figures. Twilight halted her study of the arch and approached the line of statues. She looked at the two figures as a perplexed look overtook her face.

“I have no idea who these two are, but they look a lot like Princess Celestia and Luna” Twilight stated as she stared hard at the statues. The two Alicorns looked similar to the Day and Night Princesses but were also different, the main one being the cutie marks. Instead of a Sun and a Moon, there was a Comet and Metor. The other main difference was that one of the figures seemed to be a male. As Twilight moved closer to get a better look she felt the whole room shake. Everyone quickly looked towards the arch to see that a strange aura had enveloped the threshold. None of the girls could believe what they saw. Within the strange aura was one of those strange creatures, and it seemed that he had just turned around to look at something. Just as quick as the aura had appeared, it disappeared. Twilight ran up to the arch to see what had happened, and in her haste she failed to notice the statues start to float, or a strange light coming from the stairwell.

Author's Note:

Okay, this took a while. Sorry, I had terrible writers block and kept getting distracted. I really need to thank my two pre-readers because they both helped me get through my block and make this chapter, Mostly Doctor Colgate but Leftwing helped me through as well. I am also sorry but that big scene will not be until the next chapter.