• Published 18th Oct 2012
  • 2,950 Views, 144 Comments

The Birth of a New Friendship. - ROFLBED0



Dazzle and Orion are expecting another foal.

  • ...
13
 144
 2,950

Chapter 3

It had not been long after the news of Dazzle's pregnancy that the press had found out. A mare of Dazzle's age conceiving and giving birth had never been heard of.

Many ponies had their doubts about the whole situation, and many rumors had arisen. Some of them included that Dazzle was serving as a surrogate for Shining and Cadence. The couple wanted to set everything straight.

"Are you sure this TV interview is the smartest thing to do?" Orion said to his wife as they sat backstage of Christina Clydesdale show.

"I'm sure, I really wanna put these rumors to rest." Dazzle said as she rubbed her expanded belly.

"Dazzle and Orion, on in five minutes," a crew member said.

"Well, I really wonder what she's saying about us out there." Orion said concerned.

"What do you mean?" Dazzle said, curiously.

"Well, Christina Clydesdale is known to be a little mean to the ponies she interviews," Orion said.

"Like how?"

"She usually sides with the audience members that are against her guest," Orion said.

"So the ponies spreading these terrible rumors and disapproving of us are the ones she's going to support." Dazzle said nervously.

"Most likely, that's why we can't see or hear what's happening on stage. All she cares about is her ratings, and she says whatever she needs to say to get them," Orion said, rubbing her back.

"Okay, you two are on," the crew pony said.

"I'm starting to wish I hadn't agreed to this," Dazzle said.

As Dazzle and Orion walked onto the stage, a booming voice called out. "And here are our senior adulterers now." Several audience members booed. Dazzle looked down and frowned. The two took their seats next to a beautiful brown mare. Her mane was ebony black. Her cutie mark was of a notepad, and lastly she had tuffs of white fur above her hooves. "So, you two are in your fifties and having babies, why?" Christina said.

Dazzle and Orion looked at each other and Orion spoke. "We love each other very much, and we felt that we could handle raising another foal."

"And you didn't even think about what this foal would have to go through growing up?" Christina said. She opened her mouth and spoke in a mock foal's voice. "Mom, dad, can my friends spend the night in the nursing home? Mom, can dad's urn give me away at my wedding?" Christina said. The audience burst out in laughter. "Another question, do you think it's fair that an old couple that don't need another child get to have one, when young couples can't conceive?" Christina asked.

"That's just the way it works." Dazzle said.

Christina could see that she wasn't getting the ratings-worthy reactions she was hoping for. She thought for a second, and then smiled a devilish smile. "Orion, are you still attracted to your wife?"

"What does that have to do with this interview?" Orion asked.

"Just answer the question." Christina said.

"Yes, my wife is beautiful and she means the world to me," Orion said as held his wife's hoof.

"I mean, sexually," Christina said.

Orion shot her a blank look. "Have you seen her belly? it's like that for a reason," Orion said.

"Is your wife sexier than me?" Christina said, flaunting her tail.

"Yes, my wife is sexier that your powdered flank will ever be," Orion said.

Christina's face went scarlet red, and she yelled "Whatever, you just keep thinking that your old, pregnant broad is sexier than me,” Christina said, sticking her nose in the air.

Dazzle couldn't take it anymore. "Shut your mouth, you pompous bitch or I will cut you!" Dazzle screamed.

Everypony went silent. Christina was flabbergasted. "That all for today, let's say goodbye to our guest." The entire crowd broke out into applause.

"And, we're clear" the pony operating the camera said.

"Have fun playing with your baby, you old bag," Christina said as she walked back toward her dressing room.

"Hope you have as much fun playing with yourself, you dumb hoe," Dazzle called back to her.

Dazzle and Orion made their way home from the TV interview. "You were really amazing back there,” Orion said, hugging his wife.

"Uh, it takes more than a trashy talk show host to get under my skin," Dazzle said. "Did you really mean those wonderful things you said about me?"

"Of course I did, I love you." Orion said, kissing Dazzle. The two continued their walk home when they noticed two guards standing out in front of the door. "Uh, hello,” Dazzle called out to the guards.

"Orion and Dazzle, you have been requested to attend a dinner in your honor at Canterlot Castle tonight. We have a carriage to escort you two there.”

Dazzle licked her lips. "I heard dinner, let's go," Dazzle said, turning around and getting in the carriage.