• Published 18th Oct 2012
  • 2,953 Views, 144 Comments

The Birth of a New Friendship. - ROFLBED0



Dazzle and Orion are expecting another foal.

  • ...
13
 144
 2,953

Chapter 6

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twilight had walked Dazzle down several blocks before hailing a cab. The young stallion who picked them up didn't understand the severity of the situation, and casually stopped and picked up the two mares as he would any other customer. As the two got into the coach, Twilight yelled to the cabbie "Get us to the hospital, and please hurry."
The cabbie turned around to assess the situation. "Is someone hurt?" he asked, slightly panicked.
Dazzle screamed as a contraction rocked her body. "Get us to the damn hospital!" she yelled.
Frightened by her screams, the cabbie bolted down the road with the carriage behind him.
The cab rushed down the streets at incredible speeds. In the rocking carriage, Twilight looked down at her mother. Dazzle was sweating profusely from her forehead. "This can't be happening, not now at least, the foal isn't due for another mouth." Twilight babbled, panicking.
Dazzle let out another loud scream and cried. "I'm not having my baby in a dirty cab."
The cabbie looked back at her. "Hey, know I take offense to that."
"Keep your eyes on the road!" Twilight screamed.
The cabbie refocused on the road and continued sprinting onward. After several minutes of intense driving, the cab had found its way to the hospital. Twilight quickly helped her mother out of the cab. The cabbie yelled after them. "That's 65 bits!"
"Just piss off!" Twilight yelled angrily back at the cabbie. Twilight walked her mother through the doors and got her into one of the wheelchairs by the door.
"Twilight?" Dazzle said dizzily.
"Yes mom?" Twilight said as she pushed her mother down the hallway.
"I don't feel so good," Dazzle said. A terrifying jolt raced through her body. Twilight looked into Dazzle's eyes to see them rolling up. Dazzle's body convulsed and suddenly stopped. She fell backward into her seat.
"Mom," Twilight said trying to walk her up. Twilight nudged her slightly to try and wake her up but she did not come to. "Mom, wake up!" Twilight yelled as she placed her hoof to Dazzle's chest. Twilight cried when she felt nothing. "Somepony, help me!” Twilight screamed at the top of her lungs. Several doctors and nurses heard her call and ran over to help. They took Dazzle out of her chair and loaded her onto a stretcher. "Please help her, she just went into labor," Twilight said as they carted her into the operating room. Twilight sat in the waiting room crying her eyes out as she waited to hear any news on her mother’s situation.
The doctors got her into a room and lifted her onto a bed. The first thing they did was check her pulse. The reading that they got measured her heart rate at 32 beats per minute. They placed a respirator on Dazzle and got her breathing again. "Prepare a defibrillating spell," one of the doctors told one of the nurses.
"But she's pregnant! The shock could kill the foal!" the nurse said.
"Either we risk the life of the foal or wait and both of them die," the doctor said. The nurses and other doctors discussed amongst each other and nodded their heads. One of the doctors began to cast a spell. Static electricity started to build around the tip of her horn. She suddenly touched her horn to Dazzle's chest. An electric jolt coursed through her body.
"Nothing happened, do it again," one of the doctors said.
The unicorn charged her defib spell until static built around the tip of her horn. "Clear!" she yelled as she touched Dazzle's chest with her horn. The beeping of the pulse monitor grew more frequent. The doctors and nurses sighed in relief as her heart rate slowly returned to normal.
"Dazzle, can you hear me?" one of the doctors said, trying to wake her up.
Dazzle slowly opened one of her eyes and looked up at the doctor. "What happened? Where I'm I?" she asked, confused.
"You're in a hospital; you had a heart attack," the doctor said.
Dazzle screamed "The foal?"
"We don't know yet," the doctor said.
Dazzle let her face fall into her hooves and cried.
Orion, Shining and Cadence had just arrived at the hospital. They entered the door and saw Twilight crying in the lobby. The three suddenly ran to her side and gathered around her.
"Twilight, what happened? Where is your mother?" Twilight tried to talk but could only mumble.
"Mom...mom...went into...la...bor...and then she...she was taken...away," Twilight cried.
Shinning ran to the front receptionist. "Where is the unicorn named Dazzle being kept?" Shinning asked.
The mare at reception looked into her files and spoke. "Ahh, she is being kept in the delivery ward."
"Oh, thank Celestia," Shinning said.
Orion, Cadence and Twilight walked over to him. "Where is she?" Cadence asked. "It's fine, she's in the delivery ward," Shinning said as he walked.
"But her seizure…" Twilight said.
"What seizure?" Orion yelled.
"Mom had some kind of spasm and passed out," Twilight said. Orion ran toward the delivery ward to find his wife.
Orion entered the delivery ward and starting searching the rooms for Dazzle. A doctor saw him as he was doing this. "Excuse me, but what are you doing?" she said.
"I'm looking for my wife," Orion said, panicking.
"What is her name?" the doctor said.
"Dazzle, have you seen her?" Orion said.
The doctor sighed. "I need to discuss something with you," the doctor said grimily.
Dazzle sat in her bed, crying her eyes out. The door slowly opened and Orion ran inside. "Orion!" Dazzle cried out as she continued to ball.
"Are you okay?" Orion said as he grabbed his wife and pulled her in.
"The foal?" Dazzle asked with extreme fear in her voice.
Orion had tears rolling down his eyes. "They don't think so." Dazzle and Orion held each other until the doctor arrived.
"Are you ready to try?" the doctor said. Dazzle sadly nodded her head.
The doctor injected her with a drug that would induce birth. Within the hour, Dazzle had begun her contractions. Orion held her hoof tightly as she gave birth. After what seemed like an eternity, the foal made an appearance.
"Push!" the doctor yelled. Dazzle gave one final push, and the foal was out. The doctor wrapped the foal in a blanket. Dazzle and Orion started to cry as they assumed the worst. Suddenly the sound of high pitched crying was heard.
"Congratulations, it’s a little filly.”
The doctor came back and handed the crying foal to Dazzle. She and Orion looked at their little filly; she was a sky blue unicorn with maroon mane. "She is so beautiful." Orion said as he looked at his beautiful baby girl.
"Thank you, Celestia!" Dazzle screamed.
"What would you like to name her?" the doctor said.
"She's going to be named after her sister," Orion said.
"Her name is Aurora Sparkle," Dazzle said.
"I'm gonna go and get the kids." Orion said, as he walked out the door.
Twilight sat with Cadence and Shining. She had stayed up all night waiting for any news. She looked over and saw Cadence curled up with Shining. Twilight decided that she would just rest her eyes for a second, and Twilight was soon sleeping. She was awoken when she felt a tugging at her hoof. She slowly opened her eyes and saw that it was her father.
"What happened daddy?" she said nervously.
"Twilight, would you like to meet your baby sister?" Orion said.