• Published 18th Oct 2012
  • 2,953 Views, 144 Comments

The Birth of a New Friendship. - ROFLBED0



Dazzle and Orion are expecting another foal.

  • ...
13
 144
 2,953

Chapter 7

Twilight walked with her father through the double doors that led to the delivery ward. They continued walking until they came to Dazzle's room. Twilight and Orion slowly entered the room and saw Dazzle lying in her bed with little Aurora wrapped in a blanket.

"Twilight, this is your baby sister, Aurora Twilight Sparkle," Dazzle said as she held her little filly.

A joyful tear rolled down Twilight's cheek as she looked at Aurora. "You named her after me?" Twilight asked.

"Yes, because we want Aurora and you to always be united, as sisters and family," Orion said as he gently rubbed Twilight’s mane.

Twilight looked at her baby sister. Slowly, Aurora opened her eyelids to reveal her deep violet eyes. She looked up at Twilight and smiled. "Hi Aurora, I'm your big sister, Twilight." Aurora yawned and shut her eyes once again.

A nurse walked in. "May I take the foal to the paediatric wing?" she said.

Twilight, Dazzle and Orion looked at one another before Dazzle said yes. "Twilight, will you give Aurora to her?" Dazzle asked.

Twilight went over to her and delicately picked up the sleeping filly. Aurora whined a little as she did, but settled down after getting in her sisters arms. "See you soon, little sis’," Twilight whispered as she handed the sleeping filly to the nurse.

As the nurse walked away with Aurora, Twilight returned to her mother. "Mom, are you sure that everything is going to be okay?" Twilight said.

"The doctor said I should be fine." Dazzle said as she lay back in her seat.

"I just wanna know why you had a heart attack." Orion said anxiously.

"Well, I have the answer to that," a doctor said as she came into the room.

"Why did I, doctor?" Dazzle said.

"Well based on our findings, we've determined that your heart attack was the result was stress," the doctor said.

"She had a heart attack because she was stressed?" Orion asked.

"Well, it really is not that simple," the doctor said. "Usually, when ponies have stress related heart attacks, it is due to the fact that they build up their stress over time, but in your case it was a single stressful event that caused it," explained the doctor.

Dazzle's eyes went wide; she knew what had happened. "Do you remember what you were doing when your heart attack occurred?" Orion asked.

Dazzle sighed. "Excuse me doctor, but could you step out of the room for a second?" Dazzle asked.

"Of course,” said the doctor as she turned and walked out the door.

Twilight also walked out the door. "I'm going to see if Shining and Cadence are awake."

Orion watched as she walked out. He then turned to his wife. "What is all this about?" he asked. Dazzle levitated the remote of her TV. She clicked it on and turned it to a certain channel. On screen was Christina Clydesdale ranting about how she was abused.

"And then he told me about all of the nasty, vile things he wanted to do to me." Christina said with tears running down her eyes.

"I believe it was you that wanted that book in your ass!" Orion yelled at the TV. Dazzle shushed him as they continued to watch the TV.

"The entire Sparkle family has it out for me," Christina said she continued to cry. "They have assaulted me multiple times in retaliation of the harmless interview on my show." Dazzle and Orion looked at each other nervously as she continued to talk. "I just want to know why the royal guard have not arrested Cadence and Orion; maybe it is due to the fact that Shining Armor controls the entire guard," Christina said with spite.

"This is not going to look good at all," Dazzle said.

"Anypony that doesn't know what really happened is going to assume the worst," Orion said as he paced across the room.

"Do we need to get a lawyer?" Dazzle said, deeply concerned.

“I don't know if we should, but Shining and Cadence are definitely going to need one," Orion said.

"Why would we need a lawyer?" Shining asked.

Orion and Dazzle turned their attention to the doorway and saw Shining and Cadence. "We think that the guard is going to arrest Cadence," Orion said.

Cadence gasped and Shining screamed. "That is not going to happen; I won't let it happen."

Suddenly, a flash of light appeared from the corner of the room, and out from it walked Celestia. "Princess, what are you doing here?" Dazzle asked.

"Well, I had heard that Dazzle had given birth, and I wanted to see the foal. Unfortunately, that is only part of the reason I have come," Celestia said.

"What is the other reason?" Dazzle asked.

"Well, it involves my niece and my guards' captain," Celestia said.

"I'm not going to let them do it!" Shining yelled.

"We don't have a choice; ponies are rioting outside the castle right now demanding that the arrest be made."

"So you're going to arrest your own niece just to please a crowd of rioters? What kind of aunt are you?"

"I love my niece, but it doesn't change the fact that she did assault that reporter," Celestia said.

"If I’m supposed to order my men to arrest Cadence, then I am going to relinquish my position as captain." Shining said with his head down.

"No!" Cadence screamed. Everypony looked at her. "I want to be arrested," she said.

Shining walked over to her and said "You can't, what about the foal?"

"We'll be fine, but I want you to arrest me; that way you'll know I'm safe," Cadence said.

Shining looked to Celestia once again. "Can we at least wait until tomorrow?"

"That would be fine." Celestia said.

"Thank you." Shining said, as he held Cadence.

"Not trying to be rude, but I really need some sleep." Dazzle said.

"Oh, of course. I really would like to see the foal anyway." Celestia said as she walked toward the door.

Twilight looked through the window into the nursery. There were many foals sleeping in their cribs, but the only one she was looking at was the little unicorn named Aurora. She looked at the filly while she slept. She couldn't wait to see her little baby sister once again.

"So this is Aurora Twilight Sparkle," Celestia said behind her. Twilight quickly turned around and saw the princess behind her.

"Oh no, did I forget to send my report?" she said in a panic.

"Fear not my student, I am not here on business."

"Oh, good," Twilight said before returning to her sister.

"She is very beautiful; you must be so happy." Celestia said.

"Of course I am, I'm a big sister now!" Twilight said.

"It is one of the greatest honors in life," Celestia said. "Of course, being an aunt is pretty high up there as well."

"I am so excited for that as well. Speaking of which, where is Cadence?" Twilight asked. "I believe she is with Shining." Celestia said.

Shining and Cadence made their out of the hospital "So this is our last night before I am sent to jail," Cadence said.

"I guess it is. Is there anything you want to do tonight?" Shining asked.

Cadence thought to herself. "Tonight I want to go home, have dinner and watch a movie. Do you think we can do that?" Cadence asked.

Shining smiled. "Whatever you want, my princess." The two leaned close and kissed before beginning the walk home.