• Published 12th Oct 2012
  • 2,404 Views, 64 Comments

The Story Behind Evil - Winona



Fluttershy finds young Chrysalis (Fluttershy and Chrysalis version of Past Sins)

  • ...
6
 64
 2,404

Chapter 2: Lost

Chrysalis walked slowly to the door, remembering what her mother said about the guards coming back. It's okay... I made it through the... Chrysalis shuddered ... blood, the worst is behind me. Chrysalis slowly opened the door. It creaked. She winced at the loud sound. I'm probably not the only one who heard that... She poked her head out of the room, and looked down the halls. There was nopony in sight. She let out a sigh of relief. Okay, no more noises please, old castle! She thought to herself, as if it were making noises on purpose so the guards wouold find her. She lifted a hoof and put it back down outside the room. The floor betrayed her, as if payback for calling it old. It let out another creak. Chrysalis growled with anger towards it. Oh, come on! I said 'please'! In my mind... and... I'm talking to a castle... through my head... and I didn't even... say it... out loud. Chrysalis rolled her eyes and sighed. She continued to tiptoe down the hall, the floor creaking with nearly every step. Wow, I never noticed how loud our floor was until now.

________________________________________________

"Did you hear that creaking sound?"

"Yeah, it's coming from upstairs!"

"There it is again!"

"Okay, somepony's definitely up there..."

"Let's go!"
_______________________________________________

Chrysalis was starting to get really annoyed by the floor. Oh, if I make it out of here to come back when it's time for me to be queen, I'll definitely destroy this floor! She stopped walking for a moment to imagine her future self, getting rid of the floor. Oh, but, I still need a floor. Her thoughts were interrupted by the creaking sound again. Oh, I'll have the other changlings make a better one. Creak. Wait, the floor could be used to detect enemies! Yeah! Creak. Ugh... but the sound is so annoying! Creak. Wait, have I been walking? Chrysalis looked down to see her hooves standing straight up, not moving even the slightest bit. Creak. If I'm not making that sound, that means...

"Shh.... quit making that noise!" a voice whispered.

"It's not me! It's the floor!" said another.

"I said shush!" said the first.

Chrysalis' eyes widened. Guards...

She turned around. Gotta hide, gotta hide, gotta hide! She searched the hall for someplace to hide in or under. Mother's room! She ran like a bullet back to the room. So fast, that her hooves barely touched the ground, and no creaking noises were made. As she ran back under the bed, she could hear the guards talking. There were three of them. Too many for her to fight by herself. As she slid under the bed, the guards entered the room.

"You see anything?" said the first guard. Chrysalis growled. She recognized the first guard's voice. She recognized him as the one who killed her mother.

"No, nothing." said another.

"That's weird... I know I heard something!" said the third one.

"Well, there's nothing now." said the second.

"I told you guys I killed her!" said the first guard, gesturing to the body on the floor.

Again, Chrysalis growled. He was proud! Proud to be responsible for death! Something inside Chrysalis was burning as they inched closer and closer, continuing to search the room. It was the first time she ever experienced this feeling. The feeling called hate. She hated the guards. She hated Equestria. And more importantly, she hated Princess Celestia.

The guards came closer and closer to her hiding spot under the bed. Chrysalis eyes widened. They still had weapons! They were all unicorns, and she could try to fly away, but she wasn't the best flier. In an instant, her hate flashed back to fear. Fear that she would suffer the same fate as her mother. Her heart began to pound again. It pounded twice for every time the guards stepped closer. She tried to keep from panting but she couldn't help it. I'm gonna die... I'm gonna die...

Suddenly, a guard dropped to the floor, looking under the bed.

"AH!" Chrysalis screamed at the sudden move.

"Hey! It's the little princess!" said the guard.

The guard (the same one who killed her mother) picked up his spear and aimed at Chrysalis. "You're coming with us!"

Chrysalis scooted backwards to the wall. "No! I won't!"

The guard began to crawl under the bed, trying to get closer to her. "Listen kid, you don't really have a choice. Come. With. Us!"

"Never! You killed mommy! You'll just kill me too!" She pointed a hoof at the body across the room.

The guard looked back to the body, then turned to Chrysalis again. "I had to kill her, because she wouldn't listen! But, if you come with us, Celestia might just spare you!"

I was right! This is all Celestia's fault! I hate her, I hate her, I hate her! "NO!"

"Hmm... like mother like daughter I guess." The guard inches closer to Chrysalis with every word. "Come here!"

The guard tried to grab her with his hooves. "NO!" Chrysalis screamed.

Chrysalis used her hind legs to kick the guard in the face, giving her just enough time to run out from under the bed. As she ran out, she heard the guard yell "You little brat!" but she paid no attention to him, she just ran towards the open window. As she neared it, she saw magic consume it with it's glow, and it shut. She stopped herself with a skid, a slip second before she would've hit the wall. She turned around to see the other two guards with their spears pointed at her. One of them said, "Well, looks like you did hear something after all!" meanwhile the first one was still under the bed, shouting "Help! I'm stuck!"

As the guards came closer and closer, Chrysalis racked her brain trying to think of a way out. Her heart pounded in her chest. Faster and faster. She looked around for a way out. There has to be a way out. She looked between the two guards, and saw, on the floor, her mothers body. She stared at it for what seemed like hours. As if the guard weren't even there. She flashed back to the moments before she died.

"And remember... you are my daughter. You can do anything you set your mind to. Anything, Chrissy..."

"I can..." Chrysalis whispered. She looked back to the guards, and looked over the room once more. In a moment, she smiled. Realizing her plan.

"Come here, princess..." said one guard.

Chrysalis waited for them to get closer. She bent her legs, as if preparing for a jump. As they nearly touched her, she made a great leap, with help from her wings. She landed on top of the guards with two hooves on one's head, two hooves on the other's. "Hey!" they said together. As Chrysalis leaped off, she used her hooves to make them hit eachother's heads with their own.

She grabbed onto the nearest curtain and swung away. She looked back and giggled as the two guards fell to the floor. As she swung back in the oppisite direction, she looked for the remaining guard. She swung back and forth, but she didn't see him by the bed. She shrugged and decided to go back to her initial target: getting out of here!

As she began to swing back to the window, the guard jumped in front of her. She let out a gasp, and held onto the curtain tighter. The guard swung his spear in the air, and she swung with the curtain. She began to slow down, and several times the guard nearly cut her tail clean off! As she swung back to the side with her mother's bed, Chrysalis let go of the curtain, did a somersault in the air, and landed beautifully on top of her mother's bed, bouncing back up and down a few times while giggling. I wish I had a trampoline bed...

Chrysalis gasped again as she saw the guard coming charging at her again. She tried to kick him again, but the guard knew her strategy now. He grabbed her by her hind legs before he got hurt. Chrysalis struggled. "Let me go!" She screamed.

"I don't think so..." said the guard. He levitated her beside him, and began to walk to the door. His spear was pointed at her.

Chrysalis thought for a moment, looking back to her mother's body. You can do anything...

Chrysalis smirked. She grabbed the spear and turned it around, so it was pointed at the guard. The guard was shocked, and forgot about his spell, letting Chrysalis fall back to the ground. She kept a tight grip on the spear, and the guard fell back. Chrysalis smiled, noticing a chance. As the guard recovered, she bloted to the window. She stopped by her mother's body, whispering in her ear. "Thank you, mommy... I love you too."

As Chrysalis tried to push the window open, the guard picked up his spear and ran to the changling. At last Chrysalis opened the window, but she looked down to see the ground looking like it was 1,000 feet below! In reality, she knew she was only 3 or 4 stories up, but it still looked so far down. I think I'll just take the door... She turned around to find the spear right in front of her, and behind that, the guard. Maybe I should've taken the door first... Out of the corner of her eye, she could see the other two guard getting up.

"What are you gonna do now, princess?" the guard smirked. Chrysalis looked behind her again, at what seemed to be 1,000 foot fall. Which is worse? Having to meet the person who killed my mother (Celestia) and have her kill me, or prove these guys I'm not just some little kid and face my fear heights, too! Chrysalis smiled. Looks like I'm facing two fears in one day. She jumped out of the room, and felt the sudden rush of wind. She could hear the gaurd shouting "HEY!" but she focused on this. She unfoled her wings and her fall slowed down. She flapped her wings, faster and faster, and before she knew it, she was flying across the Everfree Forest.

She smiled as wide as she possibly could. "I'm flying!" She yelled. "Wee! I can fly!" She looked back to the castle and saw her mother looking about the size of an ant in the window. Tears fell out of her eyes. "I wish you were here to see this, mom..."

Chrysalis came upon a clearing in the forest, and landed there. She looked around. The trees, looking like monsters, and the cold night air. She looked up to see several stars and a full moon shinning down on her. She stared at it for a moment, then realized something very important.

Crysalis was alone, on a dark spooky night. She was homeless now, because the guards will find her if she went back home. But after flying around for a while, the castle went out of sight. And now...

She was lost.