• Published 12th Oct 2012
  • 2,404 Views, 64 Comments

The Story Behind Evil - Winona



Fluttershy finds young Chrysalis (Fluttershy and Chrysalis version of Past Sins)

  • ...
6
 64
 2,404

Chapter 4: Fluttershy

Chrysalis looked behind her to see a glimpse of Shadow waving goodbye, and the portal covered in light, getting smaller and smaller, until it was nothing at all.

She looked around. In the distance behind her she could see the home of the changlings. She smiled. That meant the changlings survived the attack. She then looked forward. In front of her, she saw Equestria. In the distance, she could see the castle of Canterlot. She could practically see Celestia looking at her now, through a giant telescope. Wait a minute... It's 10 years later! Celestia's (probably) given up looking for me! Chrysalis thought for a moment. Probably... Probably? PROBABLY!?!? Chrysalis stared at the highest tower in the castle. Could Celestia STILL be looking for me?

She shook her head. I can't think about that now... first of all, where am I gonna live? Chrysalis could see a little town a few miles ahead. She shrugged. I guess that'll do.

Chrysalis began to trot to the town. She began to take in her surroundings, trying to guess where she was. She recoginzed the town itself, but couldn't remember what it was called. Is this Manehatten? No, that had a big green statue... and more lights. It's definatly not Cloudsdale... that was a pegasus-only place in the sky. Oh, what is this place called!?!? "Whoa!"

Chrysalis hit the ground with a thud. There was a pain in her right hind leg. It felt... scratched. She shook her head again and looked behind herself. What just happened? No pony was in sight, but near her hurt leg, there was a rock. Oh... Chrysalis sighed, and stood up again. A little bit of blood came out of her wound, and she shuddered. Even though she wasn't afraid of it anymore, it brought back memories of her mother.

"Ah-ah-ah-ah... Ah! Ah-ah-ah-ah.. aah..."

Chrysalis stiffened. Somepony else was there. She hid in the nearest bush.

"Ah-ah-ah-ah... ah-ah-ah...."

There it was again! A small, soft, voice... singing! Chyrsalis moved a few braches aside, trying to see where the voice was coming from.

"My Little Pony... My Little Pony..." The voice began to hum. Soon, Chrysalis saw a cream pegasus with a pink mane and blue-green eyes. The pony was smiling and trotting by happily. Behind her, Chrysalis could see a little white bunny. How cute! Chrysalis thought.

The pegasus then stopped suddenly, causing the bunny to hop into her leg and fall back. "Okay, Angel bunny... time to head back now."

Chrysalis couldn't help but giggle at the little bunny. She giggled quietly, but not quiet enough. The rabbit's ears perked up, and it sniffed the air. Chrysalis' eyes widened, and she suddenly covered her mouth, making noise in the bush. The rabbit inched closer and closer to the bush, as Chrysalis mentaly smacked herself.

The bunny then poked at the bush. "What is it, Angel?" The pegasus asked. The bunny then moved leaves and braches aside, to reveal a very scared, shaking Chrysalis. "Ah!" Fluttershy turned over onto her back with her legs straight up in the air. Chrysalis stared at the pegasus who seemed to literaly be 'scared stiff'.

Chrysalis slowly exited the bush, and came closer to the pegasus. "Um... miss?" The pegasis didn't respond. "Miss?" Chrysalis poked her, and she didn't move. She turned to the bunny. "Do you know what to do?" The bunny simply nodded, and bounced away. Within a minute, he was back with a bucket of water, that was within a second, poured on the pegasus' face.

The pegasus shot up like an arrow, then hid in the bush Chrysalis had been in. "W-W-Who are y-you?" She barely managed to say.

"Well..." Chrysalis thought for a moment. Would her name be recognized? Could she trust this pony? She seemed nice enough. She was a scardy-cat... but she was nice. Still, she couldn't take a chance. "Who are you?"

"I... flunrsi..." She muttered.

Chrysalis tilted her head in confusion. "Wha?"

"Flunersy..." She muttered again.

Chrysalis rolled her eyes. "I'm sorry... you'll have to speak louder than that."

The pegasus took a deep breath, and finally managed to speak again. "My... name... is... Fluttershy."

Chrysalis looked at her in disbelief. FlutterSHY? Really? Chrysalis shook her head. "Nice to meet you."

Fluttershy slowly emerged out of the bush. "Y-You didn't answer me..."

"What?"

"I-I asked you for your name... a-and you never answered..." Fluttershy then let her head down as if bowing. "N-Not that I mind..."

"Oh... uh... I'd rather not say..."

Fluttershy looked up again. "O-Okay..."

"Where do you live?" Chrysalis asumed it was the town ahead.

"P-Ponyville..."

Oh, yeah! That's what it was called! Ponyville! Chrysalis smiled. "Cool!"

Fluttershy began to smile. "Where do you live? Oh... um... if you don't mind me asking..."

Chrysalis thought again. She didn't want to lie... but she couldn't tell the truth... "I don't... really have a home..." Well, that wasn't a total lie.

Fluttershy's eyes widened as she gasped. "YOU DON'T HAVE A HOME!?!?"

Chrysalis jumped back. Who would've guessed that somepony so shy could have a voice so loud? "N-No..."

Fluttershy began to cry. "I... I'm so... sorry..."

"Oh! It's.. it's okay... it's not your fault!"

Fluttershy wiped her tears. "Oh... but you still need a home!" Fluttershy gasped. "You can live with me! I... I mean if you want to..."

Chrysalis smiled almost as wide as a certain pink party pony. "Really? You want me to? But... don't you know... I'm a..." Chrysalis took a deap breath. "Changling?"

Fluttershy stared at her. "Changling?"

"Yes, I'm a changling." Chrysalis hung her head.

"I... actually don't know what those are... what's a changling?"

Chrysalis looked up in surprise. "You really don't know?!?!"

Fluttershy shook her head. "Is... that bad?"

Chrysalis smiled again. "Not at all! In fact, I'm kinda glad!"

"Well then, let's go to my house!"

Fluttershy began to trot back to her house, but Chrysalis stood in front of her. "Wait!"

"Is something wrong?" Fluttershy tilted her head.

"Oh, uh... no... it's just that... some ponies are scared of changlings."

"Oh... well... what do we do then?"

"I better tell you more about changlings."

"Okay..."
_____________________________________________________

After the explanation of the changlings themselves, and everything that you just read in the past few chapters (excluding prolouge).
_____________________________________________________

"Oh, my!" exclaimed Fluttershy.

Chrysalis nodded slowly.

"So... what do we do?"

Chrysalis thought for a moment, and her eyes widened. "Oh yeah! I'll just change into somepony else!"

"But... if you change into somepony else... won't they find out your impersonating them?"

"Oh, yeah..." Chrysalis thought again. "I can just change into somepony who doesn't exist!"

Fluttershy smiled. "Yay!"

"Okay... give me some space."

Fluttershy backed away slowly, as Chrysalis began to concentrate. There was a flash of green fire surrounding her, and before her, Fluttershy saw a blue unicorn. "Chrysalis? Is... that you?"

Chrysalis nodded. And looked at her hooves. The looked like a brighter sky blue. Her mane, dark blue. And she felt a horn on her head. She giggled."How do I look?"

Fluttershy smiled. "Like a regular unicorn!"

"Yay!" Chrysalis hopped for joy.

"Okay, let's go Chrysalis!"

"WAIT!" Chrysalis screamed.

"What?" Fluttershy was still confsued.

"Some ponies might still recognize me by my name!"

"Why?"

"I'm the Princess of the Changlings, remember!?!?"

"Oh... right..." Fluttershy frowned. "So, what will I call you?"

Chrysalis looked at her new coat, and thought for a moment. "Crystal?"

Fluttershy nodded. "Chrysal... Charm! Crystal Charm!"

Chrysalis smiled. "Okay!"

"So... are we ready to go to me house now?"

Chrysalis, a.k.a. Crystal, nodded. "Let's go!" She began to trot happily next to Fluttershy.