• Published 12th Oct 2012
  • 2,403 Views, 64 Comments

The Story Behind Evil - Winona



Fluttershy finds young Chrysalis (Fluttershy and Chrysalis version of Past Sins)

  • ...
6
 64
 2,403

Chapter 6: The Invitation

That night, Twilight had nightmares. Nightmare of the changlings, like her nighmares of Zecora. From what she got from the book, the changlings sounded awful. She kept waking up from her nightmares in the middle of the night. She was awake in bed with her eyes shut tight. She could see light shining through her window, but she didn't open her eyes. She knew she didn't get enough sleep, but at the same time, she knew she had to get up. She opened her eyes a second before her alarm clock rung. Spike immediatly jumped out of his bed, meanwhile, Twilight was experiencing one of her rare mornings were she was NOT happy to see Celestia's sun. She stared at the purple, smliing dragon. At least somepony- er, someDRAGON... slept well. Twilight thought to herself. Twilight looked out the window. The sun seemed to shine brighter and brighter. Twilight groaned and magically covered her head with her blanket.

Spike finally noticed the lavender unicorn still in bed. "C'mon, Twilight! Get up!" The dragon pushed her, trying to get her up. He heard a muffled sound coming from her, but couldn't understand what she said. So, he continued to shake her. "Twilight!" Again, Spike heard a muffled sound. But it was too muffled to try to make into words. "Twilight, your gonna have to get up, I can't hear you." Without realizing Twilight was now on the edge of the bed, Spike gave her one last push, letting her face hit the floor.

Spike's eyes widened and he let out a gasp. "Twilight! Are you okay?" Spike got off the bed and stood in front of the unicorn. He reached a claw to help her up, but even though her face was still on the ground, she knew what he was doing. She smacked his claw away with a hoof.

"No! I am not okay!" Twilight said as she looked up at the blushing dragon. "And what I was trying to say was that I didn't get enough sleep last night, and to QUIT SHOVING ME!!!"

Spike jumped back, away from the mare. He covered his face. He knew Twilight wasn't the kind of pony to hit others, but still. "WAIT!" Spike yelled.

Twilight rolled her still-furious eyes. Her voice still showed anger as well. "What do you mean, wait?

Spike moved his claws so he could look at Twilight with one eye. "Just let me explain, okay?"

Twilight growled before sitting down and arching her back forward in defeat. A small smile began to form on Spike's mouth as Twilight was now eye-to-eye with him, but it disappeared quickly. "You see... you got a letter from the Princess the morning... and-"

"A letter from the Princess?!?!" Twilight eyes widened. "Why didn't you say so?" Twilight began to trot all over her room looking for it. "Where is it!?!?!"

Spike stared at Twilight. Can she really go from angry to worried just like that? "Uh... I just did tell you, and it's right here." Spike held the letter in his hand.

Twilight quickly levitated it toward herself, before opening it though, she checked to make sure it had Celestia's royal seal. She rememered one of Pinkie Pie's pranks not too long ago. Twilight read out loud:

My Faithful Student Twilight,

I continue to ask myself why you wanted a book about changelings. I remember your wish for your reasons to be kept to yourself, but I would like to know if it's alright. I might even be able to help.

~ Princess Celestia

Twilight thought for a moment Should she tell her? She could surely trust the princess. And, Rainbow never said anything about keeping the changling question a secret. Twilight shook her head and levitiated new parchment, ink, and a quill to herself.

Dear Princess Celestia,

I appreciate your conern and your offer, but this was actually for my friend Rainbow Dash, and I don't know if she'd be okay with me telling anypony about this. I'm sorry.

~ Your Faithful Student, Twilight Sparkle

Twilight read her letter over, and nodded to herself. She then levitated the rolled up scroll to Spike, who sent it on it's way to the princess. Within a few minutes, another scroll come out of the dragon. Twilight read aloud:

My Dearest Twilight,

I completely understand. I wouldn't want to be the cause of distrust between you and your friends. I apologise, and hope your friend enjoys the book.

~ Princess Celestia

Twilight smiled, then turned to Spike, who was still a bit scared. Twilight pulled the little dargon into a hug. They both smiled.

"WHOA!!!"

And suddenly the two were pulled apart by several pieces of wood crashing beside them, and a cyan pegasus.

"That is the LAST TIME I let Derpy help me with a new trick!" Rainbow screamed as she shook off the wood-dust.

Twilight looked up at the huge new hole in the ceiling, and shook her head. That's... gonna cost us... She then thought about Rainbow's words. She turned to stare at Rainbow Dash with a confused look. "Wait, who's Derpy?"

The pegasus' eyes widened. "How do you not know who Derpy is!?!?"

"Well... can you describe her for me?"

Rainbow thought for a moment. Describe Derpy? Let's see... she's a clumsy grey pegasus, and she's a dumb blonde (no offence to Applejack). "Well, she's-"

"LOOK OUT BELOW!!!"

Before Rainow Dash could finish, a grey pegasus was suddenly on top of her, and there was suddenly a second hole in the ceiling.

"Oops! Sorry Rainow Dash!" The pegasus said, with a somewhat stupid smile.

Rainbow got up, causing the pegasus to fall off and hit the ground. "THAT," she said, pointing a hoof at the pegasus "is Derpy."

Twilight looked at the grey pegasus, and then started to laugh. "Oh, I know her! She's my mailmare! I just thought her name was Ditzy Doo."

"It is!" The two pegasi said at the same time.

Rainbow gave the grey pegasus a glare, but Derpy only seemed to notice with one of her eyes. She misinterpreted it though, and gave Rainbow a quick wave, while Rainbow rolled her eyes. "We just call her Derpy... because... well... look at her!"

Twilight watched as Derpy suddenly crashed into a bookcase, knocking several books off the shelf. "I just don't know what went wrong!" she said as she fell to the ground with several books knocking her in the head. She didn't seem to feel anything, though.

"Oh... I see..." Twilight began to levitate some books ack on the shelves, but Rainbow moved in front of her.

"Don't fix it yet, not while she's still here..." While Rainbow said this, a whole new shelf was being knocked over in the background.

Twilight sighed, and dropped all the books. Some, falling on to herself and Rainbow.

The grey pegasus continued to 'fly' with her goofy smile. "Weee!!! It's raining books!"

"Well, would you mind taking her away so I can 'hit the books'? I have a lot of studing I want to finish before next week." Twilight tried to smile, despite the fact that she was screaming at "Derpy" on the inside.

Derpy overheard this, and gasped. "Oh! I'll help you Twilight! Hiya!"

Twilight was amazed. How could sompony like Ditzy Doo cut a book in half with her bare hooves!?!? As Ditzy continued to break books, Twilight began to growl. Between her clenched teeth, she spoke to Rainbow Dash. "Rainbow... please get her out of here, so I can fix my library..."

Rainbow nodded, and truned to Derpy. "Okay Derp- I mean, Ditzy. I think that's enough books for today."

"Bye Twilight! See you tomorrow!" Ditzy waved to the unicorn as Rainbow pushed her out of the library.

Twilight sighed and asked Spike for a broom. He nodded, and within an hour the whole library was back in order again. Shortly after that was done, another letter came from the princess. Twilight caught the letter with her magic just before it hit the ground, and opened it carefully. It read:

My Dearest Twilight,

After quite a bit of thought, I realized that I haven't seen you nor your friends in quite a while. If you aren't to busy with your studies, and if your friends are available, I would like you to come visit me, Luna, and your brother of course.

I await your reply patiently,

Yours Truly, Princess Celestia

Twilight thought for a moment. A visit to Canterlot. We haven't been there since Twilight suddered Discord. It would be nice to see my brother in person again. We were all busy with Discord, and the gala those other times. Yes, a visit would be.... nice.

"What did she say? What did she say?" A curious baby dragon broke Twilights thoughts in half. She shook her head and turned to the source of the voice.

"Princess Celestia wants us to visit Canterlot, because we never really go there just for a visit. We only go there when something important happens that requires the use of the elements, or that one time when we went to the gala..."

"No need for flashbacks of that!" Spike and Twilight shuddered together.

Twilight recovered faster than Spike. "So... what do you think? You wanna go?"

Spike thought for a moment. "Will we get to see Shinning Armor this time!"

"If he's not busy with his job." Twilight smiled.

"YAY!" Spike jumped in the air very Pinkie-like.

"I'll take that as a yes. I'll go ask the others if the want to come, I'll be back soon." Twilight magically opened the door, only for Spike to jump in front of her.

"Wait! Um... can... I go ask Rarity?" Spike blushed with hearts in his eyes.

Twilight stared at him for a moment, then rolled her eyes. I knew he'd say that. She then smiled though, as her 'little brother' was growing up, in a way. "Sure."

"YES!!!" Spike imitated another Pinkie Pie jump, as the both of them left the library.
_______________________________________________________
"Crystal, you have to take off that crown if you want to go outside." Fluttershy said seriously.

She and Chrysalis had been arguing over the past hour whether or not Chrysalis could still wear her "Princess of the Changlings Crown." At the moment, Chrysalis was back to her normal self.

"But, Fluttershy! It's the only thing I have to remember home!" Chrysalis' eyes were watery. Any second her tears would be falling out of her eyes.

Fluttershy sighed. "Chrysalis, I'm sorry... I know you miss your home... but if you don't do this, they'll take you away, and you definately won't see your home again! I promise I'll keep it in the safest place."

Chrysalis let a few of the tears drop, and sighed. She took the crown off and put it on Fluttershy's waiting hooves. "Okay." She looked up and gave Fluttershy a smile, which the pegasus gladly returned. The warm, loving smile gave Chrysalis strength, but as Fluttershy left to put the crown away, her strength diminished. She sighed and stared at her small puddle of tears on the ground. She saw her reflection. Another tear hit the puddle, making rings flow across it, and making the puddle bigger. This time, when she looked, she saw her mother giving her a warm smile. She tried her best to smile back. I miss you, mommy... she whispered to the water.

Chrysalis looked up just when Fluttershy reappeared with a small cloth in her hoof. She wiped Chrysalis' eyes softly. "Sorry for crying... I understand now." Chrysalis stared at the ground again. She felt Fluttershy's hoof lift her head up again.

"Oh, Chrysalis, it's okay." Fluttershy pulled the changling into a hug. "Crying isn't bad."

Chrysalis felt the warmth of love again. She smiled.

"Now... can you change back into Crystal so we can go outside and play?"

Chrysalis stared at the pegasus who gave her another warm smile. Chrystal nodded again, and concentrated. After a few minutes of grunting, and her horn shimmering, she feel into a heep on Fluttershy's floor, exhausted. "I... I can't do it."

"Yes you can, Chrysalis!" Fluttershy picked her up and hugged her. "You can do this."

Chrysalis pulled away, but Fluttershy still had her hooves on Chrysalis' shoulders. "What if I can't?"

"No need to ask that, because you can!" Fluttershy hugged her again before going back to the previous position. "You can do this Chrissy!"

Chrysalis imediatly froze and feel back. Though it seemed like hours in her mind, it was mere seconds before she recovered. "What did you call me?"

Fluttershy became scared, not knowing what she did wrong. "I just-"

"Fluttershy!" A knock came at the door.

Fluttershy yelped. She quickly covered Chrysalis with a nearby blanket and stood in front of her. "Y-Y-Yes?"

The door soon opened to reveal Twilight. "Hi Fluttershy!" Twilight smiled. "So... I recieved a letter from the Princess, and-"

"Aletterfromtheprincesswhyhowdidsheknowthatchrysaliswashere" Fluttershy spoke to fast for Twilight to hear the words. Twilight stared at her for moment, giving her a look that said "Wha?" Fluttershy began to sweat. "I um..."

Twilight shook her head, seeing that her friend couldn't come up with an explanation for herself. While Twilight began to explain about the letter, Chrysalis (still under a blanket) tried to transform before Twilight noticed her.

Chrysalis tried her best to focus on the transformation, but she couldn't get Fluttershy's voice from her head. "You can do this Chrissy."

Chrysalis growled, and immediatley covered her mouth. "What was that?" Chrysalis heard a muffled Twilight say.

Chrysalis began to pant, as Fluttershy did the same thing.

"Oh, nothing" Fluttershy squeaked, as her lavender friend tried to get at the blanket.

"I heard something." Twilight tried to grab the blanket once more.

Fluttershy swatted her friend's hoof away again. "Really, it's nothing!"

"Fluttershy I know what I heard." Twilight stared at Fluttershy, angry.

"Really, Twilight, please just-"

Fluttershy's voice was cut off as Twilight had magically lifted up the blanket above all of their heads.

This moment had changed everything.

Twilight gasped as the blanket reavealed...
















"Hi, Twilight!"

Crystal Charm smiled at the older unicorn. Twilight stared at the unicorn. Her mane was a mess!

"Oh..." Twilight turned to Fluttershy. "That's why you didn't want me to see her. You were in the middle of brushing her mane and didn't want me to see how... um..." Twilight looked back at Crystal "interesting it looked without brushing..."

Fluttershy turned to stare at Crystal, who gave her a wink as a response of an answer. Fluttershy then smiled. "Yes, so... if you don't mind... I don't want to go to Canterlot. I mean, I need to take care of Crystal."

"Oh, but I'm sure Princess Celestia wouldn't mind if you brought your cousin!" Twilight smiled.

I'm sure Princess Celestia wouldn't mind...

Princess Celestia wouldn't mind...

Princess Celestia....

Celestia...

Celestia...

Crystal Charm gasped. "You guys... know Princess Celestia?"

Fluttershy nodded to her "cousin" and then turned to face her. "Would you like to come with us to meet her?" Fluttershy said with hopeful eyes.

Crystal sighed. Fluttershy's eyes were just too cute. She nodded slowly, trying to hide her sadness. Soon, Fluttershy was jumped in the air with happiness. "Oh, I can't wait to introduce you!"

Twilight said her goodbye, but Crystal was too busy thinking about actually meeting Princess Celestia... a.k.a. the person who killed her mom! Oh, but it couldn't be that bad... could it?

Author's Note:

Sorry it took so long... but here's the next chapter! I tried to make it longer.

I heard something somewhere about people getting offended by that Derpy scene in The Last Roundup. I put a Derpy scene here... but if anypony dislikes it I'll delete it.