• Published 17th Jan 2024
  • 1,666 Views, 70 Comments

Spike's New Adventure - San Dragon



Spike decided that being a servant is not the life worth living, so he decides to chase after a new purpose in life.

  • ...
1
 70
 1,666

Aftermath

Twilight and her friends appear in the Castle of Friendship after Discord teleported them when he used his magic; Twilight feels dreadful for scolding the Princesses about her entitlement and duties as the Princess of Friendship while understanding the need for the 90-day ban from the Crystal Empire. Well, it's now a 180-day banishment due to her emotions controlling her during the backlash and how she wanted to make amends with Spike after realizing her misdeeds on her beloved dragon she birthed.

The girls are worried about Twilight's well-being, especially Applejack after she asks her what happened during their conversation with Princess Cadance and Shining Armor about the Crystal Faire and Spike's business. Twilight reveals the daunting discussion between her, Spike, and the Princesses, how wrong she was to compare Spike to a bad friend when she was worse, plus her rude behavior after learning the consequences of her actions with Spike.

Twilight's friends couldn't believe the outburst towards the Princesses when they heard about the misdemeanor Twilight should have been charged with since many parents in Equestria who do wrong with their children get their prison sentence; also, hearing the banishment punishment days doubled when Twilight's anger possessed her made the girls groan in frustration since they neglected Spike during his residency in Ponyville.

Twilight feels so devastated; she wishes to be alone to contemplate her following motives, explaining to Empress Ember and Thorax about Spike's status if they decide to visit him in Ponyville, earn the Princesses' forgiveness for allowing her emotions to take control of her and living life without her friend, now knowing Spike is no longer around to help or be with her.

Starlight, Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy refuse to leave Twilight in solitude, for no one deserves isolation after a heartbreaking moment and realization from Spike's resignation letter. Twilight did smile, but she wanted to understand Spike's point of view while living in seclusion. Twilight decided to undergo a trial for the duration of the 180-day banishment from the Crystal Empire to live in Spike's world when no one was around to accompany him.

The girls think it's foolish for anyone to endure solitary confinement, especially when Twilight is the Princess of Friendship, who would have to solve friendship quarrels whenever she gets summoned by the map room to unravel the mysteries of a friendship crisis. Twilight groans in frustration after realizing her obligation would not allow herself to endure similar trials as Spike experienced.

Twilight slumps over the castle's walls in anger and sadness; she will never understand Spike's pain to have the discussion with him after six months; she's afraid of writing Spike a letter without the Princesses' consent. The girls sit with Twilight by the wall, not talking but letting her know when they're with her.

Twilight Sparkle endured the silence, ignoring her friends' breathing for four hours, refusing to eat and drink, but creating an ideal image within her mind, pretending to be Spike when he endured solitude for many hours of the day.

The girls hear the knock coming from the castle's doors, believing the emissary has finally arrived and possibly got sent to follow Twight and diverted to the Castle of Friendship. Starlight Glimmer offers to answer the door, but Twilight respectfully declines; her mentality is to become Spike within the sanctity of her castle, answer, be responsible, and care for the business.

Twilight opened the door; she noticed the emissary wearing a bandage covering the upper left head and gasped. "What happened to you..?"

The emissary doesn't speak but glares at the Princess of Friendship and delivers the mail Princess Celestia and Luna had written; he's livid with the Princess for giving him a concussion and would prefer not to say anything regretful later.

The emissary flew past Princess Celestia and Luna, informing the duo about taking a three-week vacation to recover from the concussion and spend time with his family during the last month of summer. Princess Celestia and Luna granted the emissary vacation time since they were concerned about the injury their emissary sustained earlier today.

Twilight closes the castle's doors with her magic and unveils the scroll that has Princess Celestia's first initial seal when she hears another knock on her door; she returns to answer the pony that may need her assistance for a quick session to calm a quarrel in Ponyville; with her being the Princess of Friendship, at times, loving couples and closest friends get involved with unfortunate affairs that would spur and test their friendship. To Twilight's dismay, after opening the door, her heartbeat pounds rapidly in fear at the presence of Princess Celestia and Luna.

"No need to be alarmed or afraid, Twilight Sparkle," Princess Celestia reassured her student, feeling shameful since her and Luna's emotions got the better of them a while ago during their discussion.

"May we come in?" Princess Luna attempts to smile warmly at Twilight Sparkle, but it's shown that she is missing a tooth from her smile; during her clash with Spike, she underestimated Spike's competitive spirit with his entitlement as Brave and Glorious.

Twilight feels unnerved by Princess Luna's smile and wonders who was the pony that knocked her tooth out during the jousting tournament since she's a slow eater and wouldn't bite into anything hard recklessly; she stands aside, allowing entrance for Princess Celestia and Luna.

Starlight and the others see the Princesses entering the castle, and they approach them with concerns about Twilight and their punishment for wrongfully mistreating Spike as their friend.

Twilight escorts her friends to the living room to discuss what needs to be addressed rather than go to the throne room and get reminded of the empty chair next to hers; she doesn't want her sadness to overtake her when anger has done it hours ago.

Princess Celestia thought about her statements and issues to address after the long flight from the Crystal Empire to Ponyville; the way she handled the situation made her awful for allowing her emotions to possess her, even when making a statement about how parents should manage the responsibility of caring their younglings. Princess Luna shares the guilt after the festivities concluded at the Crystal Empire; she didn't feel happiness about what had transpired and desired to renew her bonds with Twilight and her friends.

After everyone is seated, Princess Celestia takes a deep breath and then gazes at Twilight. "Forgive me for how my sister and I reacted during our conversation; we've allowed our emotions to override our calm demeanors to discuss specific ground rules after informing you of Spike's resignation letter. Untamed anger would divert goodness astray and only leads to sadness and remorse."

"We were quite concerned about Spike's well-being, considering stress can kill anyone, and after reading and rereading Spike's resignation letter, we were also at fault for not maintaining our friendship with Spike; I should have spoken up last night during my birthday party."

"There is no one here who is innocent during Spike's residency in Ponyville since some of you only have Spike around for errands or chores, and we must atone for our misdeeds upon a good friend," Princess Celestia states, watching every pony around nodding in unison, concurring with her statement to renew their friendship with Spike.

"Twilight, I will allow you to send an emissary to the Crystal Empire whenever you desire to write to Spike after serving 90 days, allowing separation and healing to run its' course since Spike will find his purpose in life to achieve."

Twilight exhales in relief since she is about to ask permission to write to Spike, apologize, and earn his forgiveness by helping herself in the Castle of Friendship daily. "Thank you..," She smiles with gratitude as her heartache eases; she remembers the sadness from Spike when she scolded him for being a terrible friend.

"Starlight Glimmer," Princess Luna fixed her gaze on Twilight's pupil; she saw the nervousness and uneasiness written on her face about her residency in the Castle of Friendship and how she failed Spike. "Sunburst petition your case as a warning rather than a coalition with Twilight and her friends' punishment, allowing you entrance to visit him and Spike whenever you wished."

Starlight's jaw dropped in astonishment after hearing her best friend's plea to permit her to subside the banishment decreed by the Princesses; she starts preplanning possible journeys to visit Sunburst and Spike more often, which would allow her to inform her teacher about Spike's progress and purpose.

"Everyone else would make preparations to revive their friendship with Spike and ensure history doesn't repeat itself when he visits or decides to move back to Ponyville," Princess Celestia joyfully expressed to rejuvenate the girls' spirits rather than deflate them.

Twilight and the girls didn't consider the possibility of Spike returning to Ponyville with probable homesickness since he was with Twilight when he was born. With their newfound energy, Pinkie Pie bolts out the living room's window to organize her schedule after six months to reignite her bond with Spike by baking the perfect gemstone cake the Cake family has never done since his last birthday party.

Starlight starts planning her visitations at the Crystal Empire while maintaining her schedule for friendship studies with Twilight and helping construct the School of Friendship with her friends.

Applejack is considering inviting Spike to the following Apple Family Reunion as a token of friendship to rekindle their bonds and then build up momentum to hang out more as friends.

Rainbow Dash does have a spare ticket to the next comic convention center, with A.K.Yearling making an appearance with a new issue of a comic book series based on Daring Doo, her favorite icon. If there is anything Spike desires, especially with the Power Ponies series, she'll pay no matter how many bits the item costs.

Fluttershy will invite Spike to more of her tea parties whenever Discord is around since the duo has a brotherly bond ever since the guy's night party; she remembers how much attention she gave Spike until it swerved to Discord.

Rarity vows to have Spike more involved with her social life than her work life, especially with the instant reminder to treat her sister better after the false promises whenever she puts her latest fashion design and friends over her flesh and blood. Starting tomorrow, Rarity will do anything Sweetie Belle desires as sisters would, then plan ahead of time to hang out with Spike and perhaps date him; Rarity imagines herself blushing after failed attempts to hook up with the wealthiest elite stallions of Equestria.

Twilight decides to decline any help within her castle as payment for Spike's devotion before his darkness grows; she intends to clean the castle in solitude, learn how to cook, help herself, and not rely on any of her friends whenever they come by; Also, she's preparing to write Spike weekly after the three-month period subsides and would hope he responds with a letter and mails it to her.

Twilight thanks Princess Celestia and Luna for their visitation and for igniting their spirits with newfound energy for revitalizing their friendship with Spike soon. She accepts the Princesses' apology and understands how powerful an emotion can be throughout any situation; never again would she allow anger to possess her and make her say.

Princess Celestia and Luna leave the Castle of Friendship knowing everything will settle in due time; however, they are more intrigued with Spike's new future during his residency at the Crystal Empire. Princess Celestia senses something divine will latch onto Spike and turn him into a new creature with his new purpose lined up in front of him.

After the Princesses left, Twilight turned to her friends. "Starting tomorrow, we will undergo preparations when we teach our experiences and wisdom with the Students of Friendship; that way, no one will recreate our horrible mess," Twilight commands to ensure no other friend or family member would have to suffer loneliness and darkness.

"Agreed," The girls say in unison, knowing how vital friends and family should get treated rather than something different, no matter how they look.