• Published 17th Jan 2024
  • 1,675 Views, 70 Comments

Spike's New Adventure - San Dragon



Spike decided that being a servant is not the life worth living, so he decides to chase after a new purpose in life.

  • ...
1
 70
 1,675

Shocking Discovery

Princess Celestia is having breakfast with her sister, Princess Luna, and her friends Twilight Sparkle, Starlight Glimmer, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Applejack. She had prepared pancakes for everypony in the room rather than having her finest chefs cook; she wanted to make breakfast more wholesome for everyone after last night's party.

Princess Celestia thanked everypony for making Princess Luna's birthday more lively than ever since the past few ones ended up in turmoil over royal affairs and bickering. Princess Luna shows gratitude for having one of the best birthday parties in over a thousand years; she promises to spend more time with her friends and family during the day and be more open-minded with those closest to her.

Princess Twilight Sparkle mentioned the School of Friendship's construction project and asked the Princesses for Canterlot's finest crew to help create her masterpiece since Discord is reluctant to follow her instructions. Princess Celestia accepted Twilight's request after she and her friends succeeded in Princess Luna's best birthday in a millennium.

Applejack reminded Twilight about her efficiency in construction arts with her brother and wouldn't mind lending a hoof for the project in exchange for extra help at the farm. Starlight volunteers to help the Apple family with her best friend, Trixie; however, Twilight Sparkle declines her student from volunteering when she reminds her about the layouts of the school's foundation by reaching out to the kingdoms Equestria is friends and peace with. Twilight proposed to her Number One Assistant, Spike, to uphold the responsibilities at Sweet Apple Acres since he has experience, unlike Starlight Glimmer.

Princess Luna ponders Spike's situation since he didn't appear in last night's festivities and thinks about visiting him either later today or late at night. Princess Celestia shares the eerie feeling of Spike not included in last night's party; however, she believes Spike may have hung out with his friends and had fun with them.

Pinkie Pie shares her excitement for bringing Yak Yakkistan to Ponyville, allowing the Yaks to learn what the School of Friendship offers to different creatures across Equus.

Rainbow Dash preaches about her class becoming twenty times more cooler than any other classes taught by her friends, which spiked up competition between Pinkie Pie and Applejack. Fluttershy doesn't want to become rivals with any of her friends, and Rarity ignores Rainbow's rant about becoming number one; she quietly acclaims to become number one with her methods.

With the girls laughing in joy at the future success of the School of Friendship, they thank Princess Celestia for making pancakes; they say their byes and leave the breakfast hall when a scroll marked with urgent importance appears in front of Princess Celestia. She blinks twice after reading the title.

"Was that from Spike?" Princess Luna asks after noticing the green flares spewing the scroll to suspend in the air. She feels uneasy right after Twilight and her friends leave the breakfast hall.

Princess Celestia unveils the scroll to read loudly for her subjects. "Dear Princess Celestia, I'm writing to you today about my resignation from being Twilight's Number One Assistant."

Princess Luna's eyes widen in shock before her sister reacts to the rest of the letter; she's about to bellow for Twilight and her friends to return when Princess Celestia's right pegasi wing extends, cutting Princess Luna's speech before proceeding.

"You may want to hear this before addressing Princess Twilight Sparkle," Princess Celestia says after reading a paragraph ahead of the resignation letter. Her tone sounds distraught with a foul taste of sadness.

Princess Celestia continues to read the letter to Princess Luna about Spike's thoughts, feelings, and unhappiness, which perplexes the Princesses until they read about Spike's defense mechanism. They had no clue about Spike's comparison to Nightmare Moon's imprisonment and how severe loneliness and darkness had overwhelmed him. Princess Celestia becomes mortified with Twilight about her treatment of Spike and the possibilities that went unnoticed when she called for Twilight and her friends.

"How did she forget about Spike?" Both Princess of the Sun and Moon say in unison after realizing Spike's absence throughout the years unless it's necessarily written in a letter. "How did we forget about Spike?" Princess Celestia and Luna look at each other in disgust as they don't recall spending time with Spike, only with Twilight Sparkle and her friends.

Princess Celestia and Luna pondered about Spike's cleanup duties in solitude, which is mesmerizing to believe that Twilight would not assist Spike, leaving him to care with no magic! Another issue to address is Twilight's caregiving role since she flipped it upside down, allowing Spike to care for her when she's the one who hatched his dragon egg.

"This is wrong, Celestia," Princess Luna is appalled after reading the letter and wants to address the crime Twilight has committed, even unintentionally.

"No words can describe how I feel about Princess Twilight Sparkle's decision-making with Spike," Princess Celestia wholeheartedly believed the two were close, like a brother-sister relationship kind of friendship. She was wrongfully mistaken and stricken with grief with traumatizing thoughts of a friend in need, and there was no prayer answered.

"Then, the decision is decided?" Princess Luna knows her sister's intention to authorize Spike's resignation, permitting him to strive for life at the Crystal Empire.

"Indeed," Princess Celestia nods and conjures a stamper with the Equestrian Gold Seal of Approval to authorize Spike's resignation letter and will address the situation with Princess Cadance.

Princess Luna imagines herself flinching when her sister stamps the scroll harshly, and even she would never dare to challenge Celestia's feelings. Princess Celestia's horn ignites in a golden aura to use her magic to duplicate the letter and inserts it into a letter marked with utmost importance to Princess Cadance.

"As of now, not only will Spike be alleviated of his duties as Twilight's Number One Assistant, but I will enforce my power to relinquish Twilight's custody of Spike, transferring guardianship to Princess Cadance and Shining Armor," Princess Celestia proclaims since Twilight has already gotten used to Spike being less involved in her life. She writes the official statement to address Twilight's custody and seals it within a second envelope marked utmost important.

Princess Luna concurs with her sister's statement and volunteers to send an emissary to Princess Twilight Sparkle after she writes a follow-up statement about Spike's resignation since Princess Celestia has her schedule to uphold in the following hour. Princess Celestia cannot use her magic to send Twilight the statement since her spell is tethered to Spike for delivery, and he's probably halfway to the Crystal Empire by now.

"Forgive us, Spike, for we have also wronged you."