• Published 17th Jan 2024
  • 1,689 Views, 73 Comments

Spike's New Adventure - San Dragon



Spike decided that being a servant is not the life worth living, so he decides to chase after a new purpose in life.

  • ...
1
 73
 1,689

Coming Home

It's been an hour since Spike sent his resignation letter to Princess Celestia; he saw many Wonderbolts flying in the skies after passing Cloudsdale. It was a sight to behold when they were practicing routines for either an annual show or for tactical purposes in warfare when they were humiliated by the Storm Nation's forces.

"I wonder how Twilight will endure without me in the Castle of Friendship for the first time, especially with no help to clean up. Will Princess Celestia send help or allow Twilight to endure the hardship of solitude cleanup to understand how I tolerated it?" Spike speaks to himself about Twilight's punishment if she received one from Princess Celestia; if not, Spike would not concentrate on Twilight's affairs and focus on his future at the Crystal Empire.

Spike enjoys the train ride with many thoughts of being the Brave and Glorious the Crystal Empire deserves; he imagines the crystal ponies cheering, applauding, asking for autographs, and signing his signatures. The ride was swift since Spike would pretend to save a family of four from an underground syndicate yearning to wreak havoc and make a name for themselves.

Spike departs from the train and gazes at the beauty of the Crystal Empire, surrounded by lush green pastures and the lavish entrance consisting of crystal pillars with three rhombus geode crystals that move up and down. A magnificent white castle with sparkling and shimmering crystals stands tall at the center with houses of various shapes, colors, and shades of gemstones and crystals.

As always, it's breathtaking to stare at the magnificence of the empire and with no pony around to rush him. Spike takes his time to enter his new home as Brave and Glorious. "I'm hoooooome..!" Spike cries in happiness for the first time with a new chapter opening in his book of life; his excitement fills his lungs with fresh air and no toxicity.

Ten minutes of travel and many residents of the Crystal Empire gasp and cheer loudly for their champion. Many crystal ponies stand beside him, taking pictures, asking for autographs, and lifting and catching him in a crowded circle. Spike relishes the feeling and the praises so much that he blushed while explaining the importance of traveling to the crystal castle. The crystal ponies waste no time and escort their hero to Princess Cadance and Shining Armor.

Upon arrival at the crystal castle, Princess Cadance, Flurry Heart, Sunburst, and Shining Armor are near the Crystal Heart, smiling, showing love, and embracing their brother to the kingdom.

Spike is overjoyed with the warm welcome and turns to his peers, announcing his residency and upholding his entitlement as the Brave and Glorious, for which he receives a resounding ovation of cheers and hallelujahs. The crystal ponies are elated that their champion will live in the empire and would do anything to make him feel right at home.

Shining Armor approaches Spike, asking him a simple question. "What would you do now, Brave and Glorious?" He is aware of the situation about Spike's resignation letter and would now be his legal guardian with Princess Cadance.

Spike smirks with the visions he carried from last night's daydreaming. "Train to become the hero the CRYSTAL EMPIRE DESERVES!" Spike shouts boldly and proudly with emphasis. He's excited to become their protector with the possibility of underground syndicates plotting to raid the Crystal Empire or causing mischief.

The crystal ponies shout in a voice of triumph and praise for their champion to become a full-time protector, even though they have Princess Cadance, Shining Armor, and the Crystal Heart.

Spike asks Shining Armor to train him diligently with some weapons the crystal guards use at their disposal. Shining Armor sighed deeply and declined Spike's request since he fortifies the crystal guards daily; however, he knows some pony who would coach him privately with more discipline since he's more family to him than the personal trainer and would hold back his remarks. Spike welcomed the challenge of embracing a personal trainer and asked about his training session due date. He'll get his first lesson tomorrow morning.

Princess Cadance approaches Spike with Flurry Heart resting on her front left hoof. "We're so happy that you're here with us, Spike. Also, know that you're not responsible for the cleanliness of the crystal castle. We have workers to ensure you have more time with us, with your new friends and your personal trainer," Princess Cadance tries to withhold her giggles when imagining the shocking face of whom Spike will be learning from!

"Wait, how did you know... -" It struck Spike that Princess Celestia addressed the situation with Princess Cadance about his resignation letter. He believes Princess Celestia would write Princess Cadance a follow-up letter detailing his reasoning for leaving Ponyville and Twilight Sparkle to seek not only a better life and fulfillment. "Did she tell you?"

Princess Cadance and Shining Armor nod; they know what Spike endured: the solitude in the Castle of Friendship, the darkness, cleanup duties in loneliness, and the fake smile. Princess Cadance blames herself whenever she addresses Twilight about inviting her friends to the Crystal Empire, and she's also irate that Twilight would never have thought of bringing Spike along on the journey.

Sunburst is aware of the situation but refuses to hold any grudges until he hears Twilight's side of the story; if there are any confirming validations, he will treat Twilight differently until she fully immerses herself as the Princess of Friendship and atone for her misdeeds by renewing her friendship with Spike.

"So, why were you giggling earlier, Princess Cadance?" Spike recalls Princess Cadance laughing at the surprise he'll embrace tomorrow morning.

"Oh, you'll see," Princess Cadance continues to giggle, causing Flurry Heart to laugh as well.

Spike gulps nervously at the many probabilities of his instructor for tomorrow's training session; he hopes it's not Iron Will, the Minotaur who inspired Fluttershy's assertiveness to the extreme, turning Fluttershy into a monster for a few days. Could it be a legendary crystal guard that Spike never met visiting shortly at the Crystal Empire? Maybe it's Discord for giggles?

Spike takes a deep breath to steady his mind; tomorrow can wait. "So, what is today's agenda, Princess Cadance?" Spike is eager to know if he can be with Princess Cadance and Shining Armor's activities.

"Well, Spike," Princess Cadance knows how Spike will enjoy the day since he missed last night's party. "In honor of your new path as the Brave and Glorious, we will conduct a celebration with -" Princess Cadance gets cut off by the residents of the Crystal Empire when they chant.

"THE CRYSTAL FAIRE!" Every crystal pony wants to initiate the Crystal Faire, an annual event to renew the spirit of love and unity in the empire.

Spike covers his mouth in awe and happiness that the crystal ponies want to welcome their champion with much love and grace by setting up the Crystal Faire. He hasn't been to one in a few years; the last was when King Sombra emerged, and he helped Princess Cadance retrieve the Crystal Heart to ignite the love and unity to send King Sombra into oblivion. Spike wanted to cry in happiness, but no tears came out of his eyes; his smile grew wider in excitement with happy pants.

"Hmm, I don't see why not, and we haven't scheduled one all year long," Sunburst said, turning to Princess Cadance and Shining Armor.

Princess Cadance flaps her wings, ascending to the crowd; she takes a deep breath for her bellowing command. "Everypony, prepare the Crystal Faire! It's time to celebrate!" Flurry Heart giggles and flies out of her mother's grasp to hug his uncle-in-law, Spike.

"Yeah, it's going to be fun!" Spike lifts Flurry Heart and twirls around in pure bliss.