• Published 2nd Jan 2024
  • 171 Views, 22 Comments

Formula Equestria - AppleLauda99942



a new team joins the GP circus. And a legend returns

  • ...
 22
 171

Pacific GP

Author's Note:

I will not cover every driver in the story, but I will include some of them in a different chapter. Also it will depend in which position the drivers are to be included. Only the first 10 drivers will be included. And also I won't go through the full season distance

However, I have to include Imola because of obvious reasons...

After the Bahrain GP, Apple Lauda and Ayrton Senna sit together in the pits and talk about the race. Silverstream witnessed the pure magic of the two racing grandmasters and joins the two after a while discussing things with the other team members. Meanwhile Fluttershy prepares herself for the Japanese Grand Prix that will take place on the TI Circuit in Aida. A few days later, the teams depart from Bahrain to Aida in Japan. Apple Lauda gets an uneasy feeling because of this. He remembers the events of 1994.

"Sweetie are you okay?" Silverstream asks, but there's no response from the Nürburgring God. He seems to be lost in his thoughts.

Meanwhile, Fluttershy and Lewis Hamilton fly to Aida as well.

"well that was a tough start but we will get there Fluttershy" Lewis says.
"having Ayrton back feels odd... and racing him will be extremly tough" Fluttershy explains. "so what we could do in the race is..."

"AAARRGGGHHH!!!! that was not what we expected!!!!" Spitfire complains. "I thought we would be way quicker and finish better!!!"

"I know Spitfire... but we will get better through the season..." Fernando Alonso says. "I mean I'm over 2 decades in F1 and I have driven bad cars before, so don't worry... you're not the only one. Besides, we don't have GP2 engines"

"it was a decent start but I hope it will get better" Rainbow Dash says.
"you know, I believe we will do better, especially with a daredevil like you" Lando says. but then, Rainbow Dash gets concerned about Apple Lauda and what he said about Ayrton Senna and the Brasilian GP and with the race in Imola.

"Rainbow, is everything alright?" Lando asks.

"Lando to be honest, I'm worried about Apple Lauda... his behavior is very odd since the Bahrain GP... I think it has something to do with Ayrton and Imola." Rainbow explains.

"because of what happened in 1994?" Lando asks again. Rainbow simply nods. A few hours later, they arrive in TI Circuit in Aida.

At the Rothmans garage, Apple Lauda and Ayrton Senna prepare themselves for the race after the Qualifying. Fluttershy has achieved pole position in her Mercedes and the two McLarens in the second row. Apple Lauda and Ayrton Senna are in P4 and P5, Leclerc and Lewis Hamilton in P6 and P7, Max Verstappen and Sergio Perez in 8th and 9th, Sainz in 10th. The race starts soon. The drivers pull up to the grid.

15 minutes later, the race starts and Spitfire gets an amazing start, going from P12 to P7 in one go, Fernando Alonso also gets an amazing start, getting P6 in the process. Fluttershy however gets an decent start but soon, she has the two McLarens in her neck that try to overtake her. Rainbow Dash manages to overtake Fluttershy and is now in the lead. Lewis Hamilton got to P5 after several laps now chasing down Ayrton Senna.

Apple Lauda comes into the pits in lap 35 of 67 to pit for mediums. he gets a great pitstop and soon, he finds himself being stuck behind Spitfire in P9. Lando Norris and Rainbow Dash pit 5 laps later and both get a great stop. Ayrton Senna has a different plan. He discussed it earlier before the race with Silverstream and Apple Lauda. Senna started on the hards and is now in a huge lead. The gap between him and Fluttershy is at 27.9 seconds, but he also has to pit sooner or later.

In lap 55, Ayrton Senna is forced to pit due to tyre wear and goes on the soft compound. Apple Lauda is chasing down Fluttershy who has retaken the lead. 2 laps later, Ayrton Senna joins them for the battle for P1. Apple Lauda pulls a risky divebomb at turn 8.

"WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?!?!?!" Fluttershy yells through the radio. "SERIOUSLY APPLE LAUDA IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE A FUCKING KAMIKAZE DRIVER!!!"

since there was no contact between them, the stewards take no action in this situation and Apple Lauda takes the lead of the race. Ayrton Senna overtakes Fluttershy in lap 62 in turn 5.

Meanwhile, Fernando Alonso manages to get onto P4, now chasing Fluttershy. Fernando is really happy with his car.

"GP1 ENGINE GP1 YEEESSS!!!" Fernando cheers. in the final lap, Fernando chases down Fluttershy for P3.

"oh god oh fuck" Fluttershy says through the radio as she races towards turn 4, but Fernando Alonso overtakes her for P3. Fluttershy has now enough and pulls a divebomb in the final corner, forcing Fernando to go wide. The race is now ever.

P1: Apple Lauda
P2: Ayrton Senna
P3: Fluttershy (got a warning for pushing Fernando wide)
P4: Fernando Alonso
P5: Spitfire
P6: Rainbow Dash
P7: Lewis Hamilton
P8: Lando Norris
P9: Logan Sargeant
P10: Alexander Albon

after the race, Ayrton Senna and Apple Lauda have a heart to heart talk because of the San Marino GP

"Ayrton... I have a bad feeling about Imola..." Apple Lauda sighs in between of his words.
"hey, no need to worry about it okay? the Tamburello is now a chicane and no longer a fast left hander" Ayrton says.
"still lap 7 gives me chills because of what happened..." Apple Lauda says.
"I know... but everything will be fine. I promise" Ayrton says.