• Published 2nd Jan 2024
  • 170 Views, 22 Comments

Formula Equestria - AppleLauda99942



a new team joins the GP circus. And a legend returns

  • ...
 22
 170

Bahrain GP Qualifying

it has finally come... the days everyone were waiting for. The winter break is finally over and this means formula 1 is back with another season. The teams and drivers had done their training seesions yesterday and earlier in the day. In the Aston Martin garage, Fernando Alonso and Spitfire talk about the upcoming race during their off time in Qualifying.

"well, I can't believe a 11th team has joined and apparently, they have Ayrton Senna in the team" Fernando says.

"me neither... but I can warn you in advance. Apple Lauda is a driver who is literally going brute force into the corners. So if you leave a gap open, he will go for it, almost no matter what" Spitfire says.

"I kinda figured that. I mean I literally saw him in the newspaper, claiming that going for the gaps are the only right thing to do if you see a gap. I can agree with that but only if it is truly safe. I would never do such kamikaze moves as Apple Lauda does." Fernando says.

"I can already tell that he will divebomb people in turn 1 in the race" Spitfire explains with a sigh.

Charles Leclerc is on a fast lap right now and is about to cross the finish line, he sets a 1:29.965 which is just slower than Verstappen's time of 1:29.708.

"that's P3, good job" Frederic Vasseur says through the radio.

"thank you guys... I think we could have improved the lap by a tenth or two but I'm happy with that." Charles responds.

a few minutes later, Ayrton Senna crosses the line in 1:30.354, giving him P6 in the process.

"that's P6" Twilight says. "don't worry Ayrton, you will get back to the top where you belong"

"and that in a car that is far weaker than the Ferraris... I think we can work with that" Ayrton says happily through the radio.

Fluttershy crosses the line in 1:30.365, claiming P7 in the process.

"that's P7 Fluttershy, I know we aren't there as before but the season is long" Toto says.

"I know Toto...." Fluttershy responds. "where's Lewis?"

"Lewis is in P8 with a time of 1:30.398" Toto answers.

After the Qualifying, here's the starting grid. Max Verstappen and Carlos Sainz are on the front row, Leclerc and Perez follow suit. Rainbow Dash in P5, Ayrton Senna is 6th. Fluttershy in 7th, Lewis Hamilton in 8th and Alexander Albon is 9th. Logan Sargeant is 10th and Spitfire finds herself in 11th. Apple Lauda starts from P12. Fernando Alonso starts from P13 Zhou Guanyu Zhou is 14th. Pierre Gasly is 15th due to an invalidated lap time and dangerous driving on the circuit during qualifying. Nico Hülkenberg is 16th, Yuki Tsunoda is 17th, in P18 is Daniel Ricciardo. P19 is Lando Norris due to a crash in the qualifying. P20 is Esteban Ocon, also because of a crash in the qualifying. P21 is Kevin Magnussen and P22 is Valterri Bottas.

Author's Note:

I only will go on a few drivers in the race and the qualifying from the next chapter on because it would be a bit too much to put all of them in one chapter xD

Edit: I will likely also exclude qualifying because it will get too much of the good. It's a bit of a change. I know it might be a bad idea but qualifying doesn't really matter at all. Also no sprint races because in the 1990's, it didn't exist hehehe