• Published 2nd Jan 2024
  • 171 Views, 22 Comments

Formula Equestria - AppleLauda99942



a new team joins the GP circus. And a legend returns

  • ...
 22
 171

Bahrain GP Race

"this didn't go as I expected... but I had faith that Ayrton would make it into the top 10. I'm sure he will get a podium today" Apple Lauda says.
"don't worry sweetie, I know you can pass many of them in one go. I mean you have similar skills as Ayrton after all" Silverstream says.
"but from P12?! this will be tough" Apple Lauda sighs.
"come on Apple Lauda, I've seen your skills in the GT3 cars when I was in heaven" Ayrton says. "I know you can get past them."
Apple Lauda sighs. "I know Ayrton... but F1 isn't a GT3 you know..."
"listen... we know that your skills are similar to mine so I expect a intense battle for the championship" Ayrton says.

After a while on the grid, Apple Lauda walks over to Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy.
"Hey Apple Lauda, are you alright?" Fluttershy asks, seeing that something is hanging on Apple Lauda's shoulders.
"to be honest Fluttershy, yes and no" Apple Lauda answers with a sigh. "It's about the Brasilian GP"
"what's about the Brasilian GP?" Rainbow Dash asks curiously but then gets a suspicion.

"It's about Ayrton..." Apple Lauda says with a sigh.
Rainbow's suspicion was right. "But why would you do that?!" the Pegasus asks.
"because of 1994..." Apple Lauda says. "It has to be that way"
"I know you want Ayrton to win his home race, but it can't always go the way you intend to" Fluttershy says. "but no matter what, Ayrton and you will do very well this season"

After a while of talking, and the formation lap, the race starts. Spitfire and Rainbow Dash get a very good start as well as Apple Lauda who has launched his way from 12th to 7th in just 1 corner. Ayrton Senna also got a very good start and finds himself in P4. As the race continues, several overtakes happen and Apple Lauda keeps divebombing, until this happens in lap 14.

Apple Lauda launches a divebomb on Spitfire and finds himself in P5 and Spitfire isn't very happy about it.

"WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT!??!?!" Spitfire yells. "HE ALMOST WRECKED ME!!!"
"he didn't touch you or anything so it's fine. Also you still have to pit" Mike Krack responds.

Rainbow Dash is on P7 at the moment, Fluttershy in P8. Fluttershy manages to get past Rainbow Dash within a few corners and thanks to DRS. A few laps later, Ayrton Senna pits. He finds himself in P10 again, but he knows that the others still have to pit. So does Apple Lauda. He pits one lap later than Ayrton. Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy follow him as well. Spitfire also pits in the end of lap 15.

A few laps later, Lewis Hamilton suffers an engine failure, triggering a safety car in the process. The race is wide open now, and anyone could potentially win this now. 10 more laps to go.

5 laps later, the safety car comes back in and the race has restarted. Spitfire and Rainbow Dash fight for P6, soon Fluttershy joins the battle. In the meantime, Ayrton Senna makes his way on P3 and Apple Lauda manages to get P4. Fernando Alonso however has made a few positions and is now 9th. In the final lap, Max Verstappen spins out in turn 3, causing him to drop way back the field. He is now 15th after dropping to P8 after a bad pit stop. The race ends. Charles Leclerc wins the race, Sergio Perez in P2, Ayrton Senna in P3, Apple Lauda in P4, Fluttershy in 5th, Rainbow Dash is 6th, Spitfire in P7, Fernando Alonso barely manages to sneak onto P8, Esteban Ocon in P9, Alexander Albon in P10, and Logan Sargeant in P11.

After everyone parked their cars in parc ferme, Apple Lauda congratulates Charles Leclerc to the victory as well as everyone else. And soon, the next race will follow