• Published 2nd Jan 2024
  • 171 Views, 22 Comments

Formula Equestria - AppleLauda99942



a new team joins the GP circus. And a legend returns

  • ...
 22
 171

Japan GP

after the events of the Belgium GP, the next race is at Suzuka in Japan. Apple Lauda and Ayrton Senna have a chat during the flight to Japan.

"I wanted to let you win in Belgium but you were stuck in traffic more or less." Ayrton explains

"it's fine Ayrton... you deserve the win more than I do" Apple Lauda says with an emotionless voice

"It's not fine my friend... Something clearly bothers you and you can talk to me, Silverstream or someone else if you need to" Ayrton says in a bit of serious tone. "we're worried about you. You matter too"

Apple Lauda sighs. "it feels wrong to win for me because I respect you so much Ayrton and I want you to get your revenge for 1994"

"If I win the next race, I will be world champion... and I don't want to become world champion just like that. You're basically giving it to me" Ayrton explains.

After the teams and drivers arrived, Ayrton goes over to the Mercedes garage to talk with Fluttershy.

"hey Ayrton, how can I help you?" Fluttershy asks.

"it's about Apple Lauda..." Ayrton says in a worried tone. "I think he is not himself anymore... He used to win races but since I'm here, he just lets me win over and over again"

"that's odd..." Fluttershy says. "I think I'm going to talk to him"

meanwhile at the Rothmans garage, Spitfire, Rainbow Dash, Silverstream and Apple Lauda are talking.

"where's the Apple Lauda I used to fight so hard? Look at you, you're basically giving up on yourselves" Rainbow Dash asks.

"and where's that brutal overtaking you used to do? I mean you used to go for gaps all the time if you could go for it" Spitfire says.

"sweetie, please just win a race... for me... and if not for me, then do it for Ayrton" Silverstream says.

"I'm sorry girls... I can't..." Apple Lauda sighs.

a few moments, Fluttershy and Ayrton join the group.

"any progress?" Ayrton asks.

"he's tougher than we all thought..." Rainbow sighs in defeat. "we can't let him race like that"

"I want him to win... and if everything fails, I will simply let him by" Ayrton says. "just as I did with Gerhard in 1991"

Ayrton Senna has taken pole position, Apple Lauda in P2, Spitfire in P3, Rainbow Dash in P4, Fluttershy in 5th, Max Verstappen starts from 6th, Lewis Hamilton from 7th, Alexander Albon from P8, Logan Sargeant from 9th and Sergio Perez starts from 10th.

5 red lights and the race is on, Ayrton gets away in the lead, Apple Lauda following behind very closely and manages to just defend against Spitfire whilst Fluttershy goes into 4th place, chasing now Spitfire. Max Verstappen brutally overtakes Rainbow Dash at the hairpin for P5 but Rainbow Dash doesn't hold back as the two go wheel to wheel into spoon...

"safety car deployed" Toto says.
"what happened!?" Lewis asks.
"Verstappen crashed out in an attempt to defend agains Rainbow Dash" Toto responds.

"WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?!" Max yells. "IT SHOULD BE A PENALTY FOR HER HONESTLY!!!"
"shit happens Max... neither of you wanted to back out..." Christian says.

"there's a RedBull in the wall" Charles says. "who is it?"

"we are checking" Binotto says.

After the safety car ended, Fluttershy goes into the lead after Ayrton Senna, Apple Lauda, Rainbow Dash, Spitfire and Fluttershy herself pitted. Her timing was just perfect.

"everyone should have pitted by now" Fluttershy says.

"yeah, everyone has pitted" Toto confirms.

Racing towards the chicane, Apple Lauda is now closing in behind Fluttershy who's leading the race.

"I think I'm going to pull a 1989" Apple Lauda says.

"sweetie, you know that this might end in a crash between you and Fluttershy, right?" Silverstream says.

"fuck it, I'm going for it" Apple Lauda says, Ayrton is right behind him as he witnesses his own maneuver he pulled on Alain Prost in 1989.

Apple Lauda downshifts into the rev limiter several times and positions himself next to Fluttershy who is caught off guard by this maneuver. Apple Lauda manages to get past her without making contact.

"holy shit..." Ayrton says.

Silverstream sighs. "he just can't let it be... but that's the Apple Lauda we know..."

"WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK!??!?!" Fluttershy yells. "THIS WAS FUCKING DANGEROUS!!!!"

"well, I don't know how he did it without crashing but I am impressed..." Toto says.

after 25 laps, the race ends. Apple Lauda wins with the fastest lap in his hooves, Fluttershy barely gets on P2, Ayrton in P3, Spitfire in P4, Charles Leclerc in 5th, Fernando Alonso in 6th, Rainbow Dash in 7th, Lando Norris in P8, Sergio Perez in P9 and Carlos Sainz in P10.

"what a race hahahaha" Apple Lauda says.
"I'm proud of you" Ayrton says.

"I swear to Celestia... WHY THE FUCK DID HE PULL A SENNA 1989?!!??!" Fluttershy yells. "it was fucking dangerous..."

"I know... But there has not been a penalty given for Apple Lauda" Toto says.


On the podium, Apple Lauda looks at Ayrton.

"everything alright my friend?" Ayrton asks.

"yeah I'm fine, thanks..." Apple Lauda says with a smile.


"seriously Apple Lauda, why the fuck did you have to do such a move like this against me... it was dangerous" Fluttershy says.

"because if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver" Apple Lauda says.

"that isn't the truth to be honest... I lied to the media and to Jackie Stewart back in 1990..." Ayrton admits.

"Ayrton... it doesn't matter to me... If I see a gap, I will go for it" Apple Lauda says.

"I know, but please don't do it at any costs okay? we both know how it can end" Ayrton says, referring to the 1994 San Marino weekend.

"at least you are yourself again sweetie" Silverstream says.

Author's Note:

next races: Portugal, Brazil, Las Vegas